PDA

View Full Version : Magic Landings

weemac
09-11-2004, 19:58
Anyone heard of a villa community call Magic Landings?[?]

huckleberry house
09-11-2004, 20:04
Yes, its a new community under construction situated off the Eastern end of the 192 towards St Cloud.

Lesley

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-11-2004, 20:05
Yes - what do you want to know?

Here's a link: http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/vacation-rentals/Magic-Landings.aspx

E. Cosgrove
09-11-2004, 20:34
There are some Magic Landings owners on the forum.
Paul Jen and Amy and Pontelad ....I think:)

amy
10-11-2004, 03:04
Hi we own on there is there anything we can help you with?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by weemac
[/quote]

Magical Dreams
10-11-2004, 13:01
[/quote]
Hi there,
We own on there!!

Can we help you??

weemac
10-11-2004, 15:21
I will tell you why i am asking - just had a phone call to say that we have won a weeks holiday after my husband filled in a holiday questionaire sometime. The company involved will pay for two people for 7 days holiday all paid for to a choice of various places eg spain, tenerife, portugal and florida and all we have to pay for is the admin fee of £39.50 per person. If we take anyone else they just need to pay for flights. The co website has a villa on Magic Landings and i just wanted to see if this place really existed! All we have to do to claim our prize is to go to a 2 hour presentation this weekend. Of course we would pick Florida as our prize and try and add on another weeks accomodation somewhere else maybe the coast.
Maybe i am just a bit sceptical about all this - as you say you get nothing for nothing these days!![?]

Carla
10-11-2004, 15:40
This is a timeshare presentation and you'll have to be made of steel to get out of it without having purchased a timeshare!! Forewarned is forearmed.

I get these calls every other week. You never get something for nothing. However, if it does turn out great and you really do get a free holiday without having to buy one of their timeshares, could you let me know please??[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

mm69340
10-11-2004, 15:44
I was suppose to go to one of these years ago and my Uncle gave me great advice:

Leave your credit cards, checkbook, ATM/Debit card HOME and take only very little cash. This way even if they hard sell you- you have nothing to give them.

Ours was canceled due to Hurricane Andrew but since the sales presetantion was during the Holiday we still got the trip- surprisingly, we don't get these anymore. I wonder if it is because we got the trip without the sales pitch!

amy
10-11-2004, 15:50
You are right to be sceptical, you so rightly say that you get nothing for nothing, I would be looking for a catch, What was the name of the company involved in the offer? Maybe they will be trying to sell you somthing when you are on holiday?

But as for seeing if the place really exist, I can confirm that it does. I also remember there where around 6 homes on the community owned by a time share company, maybe it is one of these offering you the prize.

If you need anymore information, don't hessitate to ask.

I will tell you why i am asking - just had a phone call to say that we have won a weeks holiday after my husband filled in a holiday questionaire sometime. The company involved will pay for two people for 7 days holiday all paid for to a choice of various places eg spain, tenerife, portugal and florida and all we have to pay for is the admin fee of £39.50 per person. If we take anyone else they just need to pay for flights. The co website has a villa on Magic Landings and i just wanted to see if this place really existed! All we have to do to claim our prize is to go to a 2 hour presentation this weekend. Of course we would pick Florida as our prize and try and add on another weeks accomodation somewhere else maybe the coast.
Maybe i am just a bit sceptical about all this - as you say you get nothing for nothing these days!![?]
[/quote]

Southsider
10-11-2004, 16:59
If you have the time to spare, go to the presentation and keep remembering you are only there for the free holiday, the hard bit it when they seperate you and your partner and work on you seperately! .....but remember these are salesmen that could sell electric blankets to snowmen!

Best of luck, let us know how you get on!

Tricia

Magical Dreams
10-11-2004, 17:20
My elder brother goes to these everytime he is one holiday!!

He knows the crack and walks away with the free gifts, breakfast for all the family and what ever he can gt his hands on.

Take the Holiday weemac.

You'll have a fantastic time................... Especially knowing you didn't pay for the fabulous villa that you will be staying in.

When do you have to take the holiday by??

daxon
10-11-2004, 20:28
Hmm. My sister & her husband went to one of these & confirmed all your worst fears! They stuck out for their free holiday but when it was offered it was for a few days hence, totally impractical - the company were just filling up flights! I also used to employ a girl who worked for one of this type of company & she also confirmed that only the gullible are likely to be taken in! If you have the time why not go but I wouldn't waste my time![msneek]

Magical Dreams
10-11-2004, 23:36
Totally agree Dawn.

We have never done it ourselves, too busy soaking up the atmosphere in Disney and the other fabulous places!!

Nothing in life is FREE!!

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

weemac
11-11-2004, 00:02
The company is called Millennium Vacations International and we have 18 months to take the holiday. Has anyone heard of them?

Rhosyn
11-11-2004, 00:16
Try reading this link

http://www.crimeshare.org/98.html

Rhosyn
11-11-2004, 00:18
Just read the page in full, sorry for the bad language in some of the coments,

Magical Dreams
11-11-2004, 00:26
Well there is one thing we can all guarentee, they are NOTHING to do with this forum or our villas.

I am sure that there are more of these unsavoury people out there trying to take advantage of the general public.

I suppose Timeshare suits some people and not others.
I know that it would never suit us.

Great Site Rose.
Never knew that existed until now!!

[clap]

Rhosyn
11-11-2004, 01:01
just looked it up its news to me. Although i have had telephone calls saying that we have won a holiday and that my husband filled out a form. Thing is my husband works away most of the time and he is the last person to fill in forms.There is a lot on the net about this company but I could not post some as they have links to other properties.

weemac
11-11-2004, 01:07
Thanks for that website - that has definately made up my mind NOT to go to their presentation this Sunday. You have probably saved us a lot of money and stress -THANK YOU [clap][clap] I will be ready for them when they phone next time to see why we didnt turn up at their meeting!!

chrizzy100
11-11-2004, 01:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rhosyn
just looked it up its news to me. Although i have had telephone calls saying that we have won a holiday and that my husband filled out a form. Thing is my husband works away most of the time and he is the last person to fill in forms.There is a lot on the net about this company but I could not post some as they have links to other properties.
[/quote]

The only timeshare I've ever looked at was the Custom House in Boston.....I just love that hotel......but we ended up not going to Boston as often has we thought.....so in the end I'm happy to just pay the few hundred a night to stay there........