PDA

View Full Version : Weather talk

chrizzy100
09-11-2004, 17:25
We have ice outside.....its 35 degrees right now.......so I'd hate to think what it was last night....we are told the rain showers due could turn to our first snow........I just looked.....50% chance of snow today......I love the first snow......then it gets old and expensive to keep warm.......

LiesaAnna
09-11-2004, 18:14
sounds lovely! from here![msnwink]
can i ask whereabouts in the USA you are?

chrizzy100
09-11-2004, 18:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
[/quote]

We are in Massachusetts....
I could send you a link if you like looking at pictures....we have some great Cape Cod sunsets on there.......[msnsmile]

rosie
09-11-2004, 19:13
Saw on the beeb last night that Scotland could be getting their first snow of the season this week [msnsad]

chrizzy100
09-11-2004, 20:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rosieuk
Saw on the beeb last night that Scotland could be getting their first snow of the season this week [msnsad]
[/quote]

I love the snow.......if its warm indoors.....but when you get $300 heating bills and your house is not even that warm....it takes all the fun out of it.......how people on a low wage keep warm I'll never know.....

We found a nice gas fire in home depot last week......we were thinking of having one of those fitted........but I may just open up the real fireplace.......and buy in some logs first......we have a wood burning stove in the sun room and that stays nice and warm for hours......

LiesaAnna
09-11-2004, 21:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
[/quote]

I love the snow.......if its warm indoors.....but when you get $300 heating bills and your house is not even that warm....it takes all the fun out of it.......how people on a low wage keep warm I'll never know.....

We found a nice gas fire in home depot last week......we were thinking of having one of those fitted........but I may just open up the real fireplace.......and buy in some logs first......we have a wood burning stove in the sun room and that stays nice and warm for hours......
[/quote]

sounds so nice!!!!!! cosy![msnwink]

LiesaAnna
09-11-2004, 21:31
[/quote]

I could send you a link if you like looking at pictures....we have some great Cape Cod sunsets on there.......[msnsmile]

[/quote]
yes please would you send a link
cheers[msnwink]

rosie
09-11-2004, 22:13
Chrizzy, we have a real fire in the living room, we found it in a s[bad language filtered out] yard and had it restored. Its lovely when its freezing cold outside but we end up moving further and further away from it once its been on for a few hours.

We love it though and wouldn't dream of changing it back to a gas one :)

Ray&Sarah
09-11-2004, 22:25
Rather you than me Chrizzy, hate the cold weather. Snow is fine to look at, as long as you can stay inside in the warmth of the central heating and not have to drive.[msnscared]

chrizzy100
09-11-2004, 22:26
Chrizzy, we have a real fire in the living room, we found it in a s[bad language filtered out] yard and had it restored. Its lovely when its freezing cold outside but we end up moving further and further away from it once its been on for a few hours.

We love it though and wouldn't dream of changing it back to a gas one :)
[/quote]

OK you have sold me on it rosie.....I'll go look this weekend....[msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
09-11-2004, 22:27
[/quote]

[/quote]
yes please would you send a link
cheers[msnwink]
[/quote]

Its on its way.......:D

kaysvacationvilla
09-11-2004, 23:16
We got a gas fire place that actually looks like a wood burning stove, and it is wonderful. One thing that I like about is that you can just shut it off and leave the house. When we had a "real" fire place we could never have a fire the same day we were going out because we did not want to leave live ashes burning.

Chrizzy, we got ours at Wood Stoves and Fireplaces in Middleboro on rte 28. They had a great selection you may want to check it out.

It is so sad, our landscapers came today to to the fall clean up and we will not see them or green grass until next April. The heat is on and I am cold. I really need to get on my husbands case to move to Florida!!

chrizzy100
09-11-2004, 23:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kaysvacationvilla
We got a gas fire place that actually looks like a wood burning stove, and it is wonderful. One thing that I like about is that you can just shut it off and leave the house. When we had a "real" fire place we could never have a fire the same day we were going out because we did not want to leave live ashes burning.

Chrizzy, we got ours at Wood Stoves and Fireplaces in Middleboro on rte 28. They had a great selection you may want to check it out.

It is so sad, our landscapers came today to to the fall clean up and we will not see them or green grass until next April. The heat is on and I am cold. I really need to get on my husbands case to move to Florida!!
[/quote]

The gas fire we were looking at looks like a wood burning stove.....$399 at home depot....no bad I thought......

I want the fireplace for the evenings mostly....I think I will try the wood burning first......that way I'm paying for the wood upfront..I'll have no big gas bill.....its really cold here and I have no heat on......you get used to being cold......[msnsad]

mm69340
09-11-2004, 23:47

The heat is on and I am cold. I really need to get on my husbands case to move to Florida!!
[/quote]

Same here- we won't move but you and I could meet up in Boston and go to Florida in December! Jetblue has some round trip tickets from Logan about $140 total.

Chrizzy- we must be having a heat wave here is Western Mass- it is 45 degrees here!

Low income earners can get help from Joe Keneedy's heat assistance program. They advertise A TON from now until april to help all that need it!

We have a wood fireplace and I know what you mean about backingup after my pyro of a husband loads the wood in! We go through a 1/2 cord of wood a year!

CarolAnn
09-11-2004, 23:57
Well here in Buckinghamshire,England, I was out side this afternoon in just jeans and a T-shirt [msncool]Positively tropical!! We don't seem to get the cold weather in the middle of the country like we used to[clap]I am glad to say! But, I would like to see the snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas day, then it can go!

chrizzy100
10-11-2004, 00:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mm69340

The heat is on and I am cold. I really need to get on my husbands case to move to Florida!!
[/quote]

Same here- we won't move but you and I could meet up in Boston and go to Florida in December! Jetblue has some round trip tickets from Logan about $140 total.

Chrizzy- we must be having a heat wave here is Western Mass- it is 45 degrees here!

Low income earners can get help from Joe Keneedy's heat assistance program. They advertise A TON from now until april to help all that need it!

We have a wood fireplace and I know what you mean about backingup after my pyro of a husband loads the wood in! We go through a 1/2 cord of wood a year!
[/quote]

its 36 here....[msnsad][msnsad]

blott
10-11-2004, 02:19
Er, what's a cord of wood please?

chrizzy100
10-11-2004, 02:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Er, what's a cord of wood please?
[/quote]

Its a 128 cubic feet of wood stacked tighty......

kaysvacationvilla
10-11-2004, 03:04
Sounds good to me Karen. We flew Jet Blue the beginning of Oct and it was great. A lot less hetic then flying Delta out of Boston. We probably would never really move to Florida while the kids are still in school. My youngest is only in 2nd grade so I have along wait.[msnsmile2]

A cord of wood is a measurement that is about the size of the back of a pick up truck. That is what I told anyway some time ago.

blott
10-11-2004, 03:29
Thanks Chrizzy and Kay. Sounds like another one for the UK US dictionary!

mm69340
10-11-2004, 04:45
Blott- you can come over and help us move it from the driveway to the back of the house!!!!

I wasn't even sure how much it actually is- that is just how it is sold and I KNOW it is HEAVY!!!!

I have a 1st grader and a 3 grader!

My brother is going to Boston Friday of Thanksgiving for his birthday- ant thoughts on what to sightsee???

I love jetblue! A few more days like yesterday and today and I am just going to book a ticket!

chrizzy100
10-11-2004, 05:08
Blott- you can come over and help us move it from the driveway to the back of the house!!!!

I wasn't even sure how much it actually is- that is just how it is sold and I KNOW it is HEAVY!!!!

I have a 1st grader and a 3 grader!

My brother is going to Boston Friday of Thanksgiving for his birthday- ant thoughts on what to sightsee???

I love jetblue! A few more days like yesterday and today and I am just going to book a ticket!
[/quote]

Its snowing here......just a few flakes......but its bitter cold......

LiesaAnna
10-11-2004, 10:24
you just dont appreciate the snow![msnwink]
i love all wintery things,!!!!!!!!!!! yes i know i'm mad but when its cold and rainy its horrible but cold AND SNOW now thats something else!!
i would love to have some snow:D

julieanne
10-11-2004, 12:43
i love all wintery things,!!!!!!!!!!! yes i know i'm mad but when its cold and rainy its horrible but cold AND SNOW now thats something else!!

[/quote]

Oh No![msnoo]

I don't want it to snow - not on a day I have to go out anyway.

Now the snowfall they have in Celebration - that's a diffrent matter altogether [msnwink] [msnwink]

LiesaAnna
10-11-2004, 13:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne

[/quote]

Oh No![msnoo]

I don't want it to snow - not on a day I have to go out anyway.

Now the snowfall they have in Celebration - that's a diffrent matter altogether [msnwink] [msnwink]

[/quote]

yeh we'll give that a go! artificial snow[grouphug]

MaggieAllan
10-11-2004, 13:49
Snow is alright if it's on day when most people are at home and can enjoy it , but one of my least favourite things when driving along with ice and fog....had a couple of driving like bambi moments and it's no fun at all.
When you've been sideways down a steep hill with other buses and lorries coming towards you , and no one has control, you have to go with it and hope for the best.....well you don't like it believe me.

I think Clebration and others have it just right, atmosphere and nothing to cause a hazard...it isn't slippy is it???

Mind you, I think it may be easier in other countries, we all know the UK grinds to a halt at the mere mention of bad weather.

It's quite pleasant here ( Manchester) this morning for a November day....can wrap up against any cold. The only type of winter weather I can put up with is when it's dry and crisp and just right for walking, all wrapped up, with Poppy (cocker spaniel).

LiesaAnna
10-11-2004, 13:54
Hi Maggie
yes its a lovely altho crisp autumnal day!!!!!!
freezing actually! here in Brighton
i do love snow, because we dont have it at all down here! it is rare, and when we do its a dusting thats all, yes and the UK will then grind to a halt, mind you when it is cold and very icey i dont like driving or walking! it is exciting in an area with no cars but obviously you have to get there!
i should imagine it will be strange for us at Celebration, snow but warmish!!!!!;)
looking forward to seeing it and just visiting Celebration!![msnwink]

blott
10-11-2004, 16:29
[/quote]Sorry, Karen, I'd really love to but... there's not a snowball in hell's chance! :D I'll think of you though! :)<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
I think Clebration and others have it just right, atmosphere and nothing to cause a hazard...it isn't slippy is it???[/quote]Er, yes it is slippy actually, almost as much as the real thing! :)

chrizzy100
10-11-2004, 17:06
We have a covering of snow this morning....but even England could cope with the amount........[msnsmile2]

I'm just going out to Friendlys for a breakfast......:)

MaggieAllan
10-11-2004, 17:26
:)<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
I think Clebration and others have it just right, atmosphere and nothing to cause a hazard...it isn't slippy is it???[/quote]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Orignally posted by Blott
Er, yes it is slippy actually, almost as much as the real thing! :)
[/quote]

Here comes MaggieBambiAllan then:)

It doesn't go into dirty slush does it? I presumed it was some sort of dry stuff, and that as it snows every hour that the previous lot must have been cleaned up?? Well, I'm that used to not seeing any litter in Florida.

LiesaAnna
10-11-2004, 18:22
i was wondering that to, i thought it went down special drains maybe?? and recycled????

gromit
11-11-2004, 00:09
I didn't realise Celebration had snow!!! It doesn't surprise me though. I love Celebration and I love the snow. We love going ski-ing either in New Hampshire or Colorado, but couldn't last year with Alex being a month old!!! Can't wait until we have had all our children and can take them all ski-ing!!! I love Florida but will still take a ski-ing holiday too!!!!!

Let it snow!!! Down here in Dorset it is quite mild, only outside with a sweatshirt on!!!

LiesaAnna
11-11-2004, 09:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gromit
I didn't realise Celebration had snow!!! It doesn't surprise me though. I love Celebration and I love the snow. We love going ski-ing either in New Hampshire or Colorado, but couldn't last year with Alex being a month old!!! Can't wait until we have had all our children and can take them all ski-ing!!! I love Florida but will still take a ski-ing holiday too!!!!!

Let it snow!!! Down here in Dorset it is quite mild, only outside with a sweatshirt on!!!
[/quote]

thought Alex was born in January![msnwink]
did you mean last winter?
why is it i didnt for one moment think you were in Dorset???
i thought you were up the northerny end of the country?:)

chrizzy100
11-11-2004, 17:27
Its going to be nice here today.....60 degrees.......mostly sunny... a bit windy.....but its always windy here this time of year......

kaysvacationvilla
11-11-2004, 17:47
60 sounds good as we will all be heading over to my parents house to rake leaves!!

blott
11-11-2004, 18:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
:)<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
I think Clebration and others have it just right, atmosphere and nothing to cause a hazard...it isn't slippy is it???[/quote]Er, yes it is slippy actually, almost as much as the real thing! :)

Here comes MaggieBambiAllan then:)

It doesn't go into dirty slush does it? I presumed it was some sort of dry stuff, and that as it snows every hour that the previous lot must have been cleaned up?? Well, I'm that used to not seeing any litter in Florida. [/quote]No, not dirty slush nor dry either but not sure I should give away the secret... [msnwink]
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
Oh... all right then... it's soap bubbles! :) :D

chrizzy100
11-11-2004, 18:16
60 sounds good as we will all be heading over to my parents house to rake leaves!!
[/quote]

I've been putting the leaves at the end of my driveway..hoping they will blow up the street.....so far its working......I know its very bad of me.....but all the old folks have people in to remove their leaves in a few weeks......so I'm just making sure the guys have enough work......[msnsmile2]

julieanne
11-11-2004, 19:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]I'm just going out to Friendlys for a breakfast......:)
[/quote]

Hope you enjoyed your breakfast Chrizzy [msntongue]

chrizzy100
11-11-2004, 20:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]I'm just going out to Friendlys for a breakfast......:)
[/quote]

Hope you enjoyed your breakfast Chrizzy [msntongue]
[/quote]

I sure did......me and my daughter go to breakfast once a week.....then we go as a family or everyone not at work goes.. some Sunday mornings........

chrizzy100
14-11-2004, 20:15
I've just put my wood burning stove on in the FL room.........next I'll fire up the hot tub.......this is what cold weather is all about......:D:D:D

LiesaAnna
14-11-2004, 23:59
how nice!!
am thinking of you but not..........
;)

mind you i'm absolutely freezing tonight, just had a lovely hot bath!!! got the gas fire full up, then hubby goes into the kitchen and leaves the doors open!!!!!!!!!
am sooooo cold.......:(

chrizzy100
15-11-2004, 00:04
how nice!!
;)

mind you i'm absolutely freezing tonight, just had a lovely hot bath!!! got the gas fire full up, then hubby goes into the kitchen and leaves the doors open!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I can only have a bath in FL......our bath here is really small and almost on the ground......and not that deep........I miss having a bath and sitting by the gas fire........[msncry]

julieanne
15-11-2004, 00:19
how nice!!
;)

[/quote]

If you're freezing in Brighton Liesa - imagine what it's like up here in the cold North [msnsad]

LiesaAnna
15-11-2004, 00:22
no!!!!!! dont want to be even colder thankyou Julie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D
whereabouts are you?

julieanne
15-11-2004, 00:33
Teesside in the North East, wishing I was in the States [msnsad]