floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-11-2002, 20:35
You can now!

Regards

eaglevilla
31-01-2003, 03:41
Hi there

My villa is at http://www.vacation-rental-villas.com/villaview.asp?villa=456

Can I have access to the owners forums please?

Thank you.

Sarah

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
31-01-2003, 14:30
Hi Sarah

I've pm'd you with the details.

Regards

John

Julieb
31-01-2003, 21:58
I have just tried logging into the owners forum and its asking me for a password. It was ok this morning.

Julie

fiona
01-02-2003, 15:12
Is there a problem today?

When I first log on I don't get access to the villa owners section. When I go in via general chat I have to give password to access every topic, even if it goes on to another page I have to log on as well.

Also the little blue arrows have disappeared so can't go to first unread

:(

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-02-2003, 15:20
Not sure what the problem is Fiona. The blue arrows are definitely there.

Are you accessing the forums at www.orlando-guide.info/forums or www.orlandovillas.com/forums as the latter does not have the blue arrow on?

fiona
01-02-2003, 15:29
And I can't post there either!! I'll have a look and see how it is being accessed.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/active.asp

No owners section coming up - the blue arrows are back!

I'll now try the owners section and see what it says.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=21

and this is what happens when I try and read a posting

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2813

I then log in, and when I press go back having read it (and not been allowed to make any posting - oh good I hear you all say!) I then have to log in password again. I then get taken to topic I have just read:(

Shall I give up on netscape and try it on explorer?

fiona
01-02-2003, 15:53
Am now on explorer. Very slow. Had to give password to access owners area but was allowed to post. Blue arrows back!!

I give up!

Lesley S
01-02-2003, 16:06
This is what was happening to us this morning, but it all seems to be working now.

blott
01-02-2003, 16:35
Fiona, I had the same probs with Netscape but John's told me to delete cookies and use http://www.orlandovillas.com/forums and Netscape now works fine for me, if you want to try that?

fiona
01-02-2003, 17:15
Tried that, still no access to owners area! And still no blue arrows!!!

However, was allowed into topics with only signing into owners area instead of having to sign in to each topic.

Andy & Arlene
01-02-2003, 18:02
I can't get in either. It asks for a password. When I key it in it says its invalid.

Arlene

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-02-2003, 18:05
Right - just removed the cookie code for the last read message and added code to do it via a database table.

Can anyone still having problems remove ALL cookies from their PC and then go to www.orlando-guide.info/forums and try it all again.

Lakul
01-02-2003, 23:42
I've been having problems today too. I've deleted all my cookies. Logged in again but the arrows have gone:( Is that right???

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-02-2003, 23:45
Hi Kerry

Sorry for the confusion. To try and solve the problems I have temporarily reverted back to the original version of the forum and will be adding the arrow code back in later on without doing anything with cookies as that seems to be the bit that was upsetting some peoples browsers.

Lakul
01-02-2003, 23:50
OK. Thanks John but I'm missing them already:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-02-2003, 23:50
Me too...will put them back once we have the children in bed and I have some time to myself!

Lesley S
02-02-2003, 01:13
John, just noticed the large numbers on top of each topic, what is this, is this a new function...

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-02-2003, 01:28
Hi Lesley

No it's me again finding the correct place on the page to put the new database driven last read code. Should all be done now.

Lakul
02-02-2003, 01:30
My arrows are back - thanks:D

fiona
02-02-2003, 01:41
Everything seems ok now thank goodness. I thought you were trying to tell me something!!!;)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-02-2003, 02:20
That's good news Fiona. Hopefully all is back to normal now and we also have a few small additions too:

- goto last read post on individual topic and active topics view. This is database driven so no more cookie problems for people.

- in active topics, hover the mouse over a topic and it will display the start of the first message so you can see if it is of interest before opening it

- some fancy mouseover events on the homepage, active users and topics view

Lakul
02-02-2003, 02:27
It says I have made a posting but I can't see it!! Also when you click on go to last post it goes to the first post. :(:(

Lakul
02-02-2003, 02:29
When I click on the arrow it refreshes the page then when I click on it again it goes to the first post and not the first unread post!!

PS I have posted this already but it didn't appear:(

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-02-2003, 02:32
Kerry

That's because we have just switched over to using a database to hold the last read posts for each user and topic.

As you view topics and then re-view them you will start to see it working.

Lakul
02-02-2003, 02:34
OK - I'll keep an eye on things:D

Lakul
02-02-2003, 14:00
It's still not working for me. Even when I have read a posting it still refreshes the page and then goes to the first post and not the first unread post, when I click the arrow. Is it just me :(

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-02-2003, 14:02
I'll have to have a look at this later on as I've got a huge pile of other things I need to do first.

Lakul
02-02-2003, 14:05
Any suggestions and it's driving me nuts!!

fiona
02-02-2003, 16:37
It's doing the same for me this am, and not I have to log into owners area again!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-02-2003, 16:39
Not sure I follow you Fiona?

Lakul
02-02-2003, 16:51
Still doing it!! Help please. I've read this thread a lot this morning and the chocolate one and it still takes me to the first post!!

blott
02-02-2003, 17:03
Fiona, I had to log into the owners' area again this morning but, since I did that, it's been working fine. When I close the forum altogether and then open it up again, it shows active topics in the owners' area and I can access them, just like normal.

After my problems from Friday/Saturday, I hardly dare say this but the blue arrow does the same for me as Kerry says... but I'd rather it didn't work than repeat the trauma again! ;)

Ruth
02-02-2003, 17:11
Blue arrow is not working for me but the go to last unread post is. Same as for Blott, I logged on to the owners area once this morning and it has been working okay since.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-02-2003, 17:15
It's working perfectly for me.

I've had to refresh the last read database table this morning when I was ironing out the last few bugs so if I could ask everyone to leave it a few days so the database builds back up with your viewings and then let me know if there is still a problem.

fiona
02-02-2003, 18:15
Sorry, should have said now not not!

It doesn't recognise me as an owner so I have to go to villa owners area, look at what topics I don't recall reading, and then read them. Once I have given the password I seem to be accepted as an owner - unlike yesterday when I had to keep doing it.

Blue arrow is also taking me just to first post!

Let's see how it goes for the next few days.

Julieb
02-02-2003, 19:19
If I click the blue arrow on the left side of the screen it takes me to the first posting BUT if I click the blue arrow on the right side of my screen it takes me to the last posting!!

Julie

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-02-2003, 19:35
Julie

Ignore the one on the right hand side of the screen - it's the other one we are talking about.

Pick a thred and view it, then go back to the active topics list, click Refresh on your browser toolbar, then click on the left blue arrow for that thread and it will take you to the last read item on that thread (probably the lest on in the thread unless someone has posted to the thread in the meantime).

Julieb
02-02-2003, 21:25
Left hand side is working OK for me now.

Thanks
Julie

joanneclaire
08-02-2003, 23:02
Hi John & Sarah,
Not sure if this is the right place to add this post, but can I please have access to the private forum, my villa id is 556,
many thanks
joanne
(joanneclaire)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
08-02-2003, 23:37
No problem Joanne.

I see you have used the OV community map (www.orlandovillas.com/map.asp) on your website. Would have been nice for you to ask us first :).