PDA

View Full Version : info on canada immigration??

Epic
08-11-2004, 18:41
does anyone know of any kind of forum for people who want to immigrate to canada and can talk to people who have done it or are planning to[?].id love to find a site simalar to this to be able to get all sorts of info from people.anyone with info im very grateful thanks

Epic

chrizzy100
08-11-2004, 18:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Epic
does anyone know of any kind of forum for people who want to immigrate to canada and can talk to people who have done it or are planning to[?].id love to find a site simalar to this to be able to get all sorts of info from people.anyone with info im very grateful thanks

Epic;)
[/quote]

You could try this one.....I've not used it myself....I lost the link to the one I used....

http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?s=b83987cd9d385aab2780d71f7562aaa 2&forumid=175

KJH
08-11-2004, 19:43
Read in the paper Saturday, Canada are doing all they can to encourage immigration. apparently lots of Americans are applying as they prefer the more liberal govermant.

Kaz

chrizzy100
08-11-2004, 20:36
We were going to go.....but it really was to cold or to wet for us.......40 below is not my idea of fun...its like you miss half your life.....its bad enough where we live now.....at a party we went to at the weekend so many of the people are moving down to FL because of the cost of heating and living here......

Chloe
08-11-2004, 23:18
I can't give you any info.on the immigration aspect of things, but what I can tell you is that I am sure you are making the right move. About 25 years ago I spent 3 years in Canada, in Alberta in the Rockies. It was spectacularly beautiful. I loved every aspect of living there. The people were wonderful, and the country so clean. It is a vast country so has a varied climate. All that I can say is that with regards to Alberta, the Summers were lovely,you had a proper Autumn, with beautiful colours. Yes, the Winters were snowy and harsh, but because it is the norm there, they are equipped for it, and it really was'nt so awful at all. I LOVED it so much, and have wondered a 1000 times if I did the right thing to come home to England. It was, for me perfect. Good Luck. Chloe

Lynne S
08-11-2004, 23:35
My husband was born in Canada, wish it was Florida.....[msnwink][msnsmile2][msnwink]

Epic
11-11-2004, 01:04
thank everyone for that[msnsmile]
thanks chloe for those encouraging words.we definatly are going to work our butts off to work towards immigrating there.we feel as though it will be the right move for us so cant wait.thanks a lot

Emma