PDA

View Full Version : Lilo & Stich

flyrr100
08-11-2004, 02:21
Hey guys... we did the new Lilo & Stich ride at Magic Kingdom today. It's open to passholders only right now.
If you remember the old Alien ride, it's the same ride! Same circle's of seats and the same tube in the center. Instead of the Alien escaping Stich escapes. It's loud with flashing lights. And you get sprayed with water.
All in all it's kinda confuzing unless you are intimate with the movies.
The kids liked it though![msnsmile]

MaggieAllan
08-11-2004, 02:28
My daughter adores them, can't wait to see it in December. the Alien was quite frightening for them, they were 6 and 10 at the time. You've got to just 'do' the new rides haven't you whether they are aimed at younger or older people.

brizzle
08-11-2004, 11:08
Going to try it but all accounts so far is it seems like Disney did a conversion on the cheap. As you said same Alien Encounter experience but aimed at kids.

We'll be in the MK for the official opening on 16th November so I'm sure we'll try it out. Can you remember the height restriction?

Brizzle.

LiesaAnna
08-11-2004, 11:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by flyrr100
Hey guys... we did the new Lilo & Stich ride at Magic Kingdom today. It's open to passholders only right now.
If you remember the old Alien ride, it's the same ride! Same circle's of seats and the same tube in the center. Instead of the Alien escaping Stich escapes. It's loud with flashing lights. And you get sprayed with water.
All in all it's kinda confuzing unless you are intimate with the movies.
The kids liked it though![msnsmile]
[/quote]

such a shame Lauren loves Lilo and Stitch and we're not going to MK this year!
oh well i'm sure there will be plenty of other things to see and do!!!!!![msnwink]

Nostromo
08-11-2004, 13:59
I hope that they bring back 'Alien' in some other shape or form in another park. I am a big fan of the first two Alien films. (the only 'proper' ones)

CarolAnn
08-11-2004, 14:46
As we didn't go for the Alien Ride, this sounds like one for me:Dand it won't seem like a repeat either:)

flyrr100
08-11-2004, 16:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
Can you remember the height restriction?

Brizzle.
[/quote]

Jack is 34" and he just passed the height bar.

jolliffee
08-11-2004, 16:44
A new ride is a new ride even if its an old one (daughter speak) so I know we'll be trying out on our next trip.[msnsmile2]

dimension3
08-11-2004, 17:10
sadly we are back now, but we went on this last Wednesday (3rd) - it was open for Disney employees and anyone who wanted to wait. Its' better than the 'Alien' version of the ride IMHO it fits the plot of the (Lilo and Stitch) film prety well. I got shouted at for camcording the pre-ride animatronix (our kids were too scared to ride it before they had an inkling of what is was about as there were 'this ride is scary' notices posted outside!).

Ian

Magical Dreams
10-11-2004, 01:21
Loved Alien Encounter, my eldest (now 14) was terrified!!

WHY??

Can't wait to go on the NEW Version!!

[beer][beer][beer][beer][beer]

pbensur
22-01-2005, 02:14
Went on this when we were down a few weeks ago - sorry to say it was a big disappointment! So much anticipation and then a big let down!

Ray&Sarah
22-01-2005, 02:33
Oh dear Patty, so I better not recommend it to my son then.[msnscared]

pbensur
22-01-2005, 03:37
Well, I suppose anything is worth trying once!! Everything is always so top rate at Disney that I guess we just expected more from this. And of course this is just my opinion (but my husband and 3 kids felt the same way!).

esprit
22-01-2005, 06:06
Went on this with Blottie and her mum at Mickeys Very Merry Xmas party. Were we scared, no we were not!!! Talk about naff. Waste of space.

Nostromo
22-01-2005, 13:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
Went on this with Blottie and her mum at Mickeys Very Merry Xmas party. Were we scared, no we were not!!! Talk about naff. Waste of space.
[/quote]

I see what you mean. I have not seen the new attraction yet, but cannot imagine how Lilo & Stich can be an effective replacement for 'Alien'. But if John Major could have replaced Margaret Thatcher, I suppose it is possible.:D

christhear
22-01-2005, 13:28
Ray & Sarah, I think your boys are too old to be impressed by this, just right for my 7 year old, but not nearly as good as Alien was. Go on it if there is no queue, but don't waste time waiting for it.

Ray&Sarah
22-01-2005, 13:34
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by christhear
Ray & Sarah, I think your boys are too old to be impressed by this, just right for my 7 year old, but not nearly as good as Alien was. Go on it if there is no queue, but don't waste time waiting for it.
[/quote]

Thanks Chris, just when I saw it was the replacement for Alien, I thought it might be up his street but will give it a miss.[msnsmile2]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-01-2005, 14:01
We went on it at Christmas and I thought it was awful. It just like Alien with Stitch instead of the Alien - nothing else seems to have changed.

Alien was scary but this is just, well, I don't know quite how to take it [msneek]

brizzle
22-01-2005, 14:22
I agree, I thought it was awful and so ill thought out.
Didn't feel as though Stitch was out of his tube and I just came out thinking what a waste of valuable park space.

If you've not done it of course you've got to do it but I don't think I will again, even if there is no queue.

A shame because I remember Alien being pretty good.

Brizzle.

lisacrotty
05-09-2005, 03:03
We just went on this ride and it was a terrible .
What a let down.
i sat in the ride waiting for something exciting or scary to happen but nothing left the ride feeling deflated.
shame i did not read this thread before i went