PDA

View Full Version : New Friends

holly20
08-11-2004, 02:06
Hi my name is Holly. I am nearly 21 years old and am moving to Florida (Lake Mary) in next few weeks. I am outgoing and friendly and would love to hear from anybody around my age, as I wont know a soul when I get there. I am partner with my dad in a pool business but am a trained beautician and also a trained film/tv make-up artist.
My hobbies include reading, drinking ( which I wont be able to do until next June)!!! and line dancing, cinema and all the normal things we 20 year olds do.
Would love to hear from anyone who is my age and moving to Florida.

Holly

chrizzy100
08-11-2004, 02:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by holly20
Hi my name is Holly. I am nearly 21 years old and am moving to Florida (Lake Mary) in next few weeks. I am outgoing and friendly and would love to hear from anybody around my age, as I wont know a soul when I get there. I am partner with my dad in a pool business but am a trained beautician and also a trained film/tv make-up artist.
My hobbies include reading, drinking ( which I wont be able to do until next June)!!! and line dancing, cinema and all the normal things we 20 year olds do.
Would love to hear from anyone who is my age and moving to Florida.

Holly
[/quote]

Holly you sent me a DM.........sorry I never got back....I've been so busy.......I'll catch up with you soon.....I have a daughter 23...I may have to hook you both up....we come down to FL when we can...[msnsmile]

esprit
08-11-2004, 03:34
Line dancing is a good one to make friends, I am sure. Join clubs etc, take courses. anything you can to meer people. Lake Mary is quite an American area so you wont have a big expat community around you. My son was lucky, his one year at high school gave him American friends. While I can honestly say that my husband and I live in an expat community and our friends are mainly Brits, his social life is totally American now.

flyrr100
14-11-2004, 04:21
Julie...
There are British expat communities?
I live in Winter Springs. We have one British family in our neighborhood. I didn't know there were British areas! Sounds kinda scarey!

esprit
14-11-2004, 22:43
Not British communities just a lot of Brits living scattered all over who all know each other, Try living down near Disney. Kissimmmee, Clermont and Four Corners area full of Brits, quite a lot in Celebration too. A lot of us are in the vacation industry in some way or another and all know each other through work.

flyrr100
15-11-2004, 00:35
When we moved here our big consideration was schools. Seminole County Schools are far better than Orange County Schools. Not sure about the schools in your area. But I think the attraction traffic would drive me bonkers!

esprit
15-11-2004, 05:44
Celebration is good, some of the rest not so.