PDA

View Full Version : Ice - gaylord palms hotel

christhear
07-11-2004, 22:54
Hi

Thinking of taking my 7 year old son here at Christmas. Has any one ever been there as I believe they have it every year. A whole room of things made from ice including slides. I'd appreciate any previous visitors reports

blott
08-11-2004, 02:21
There's some info here (with pics) http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_5118.asp

nikkikk
08-11-2004, 16:24
We went last year - on the spur of the moment - just a few tips:

1. Make sure you are properly clothed - long trousers and trainers for instance. They issue you with insulated coats but it is minus goodness knows what - I went in shorts and flip-flops and was frozen to the bone!
2. Take your camera - it is amazing.
3. Take time out and then go back in if you get cold - Gaylord is lovely to look around.

Well worth the visit - we will be going back this year and I think I will even have a go down some of the ice slides!

Enjoy!
Nikki

LiesaAnna
08-11-2004, 21:14
this sounds absolutely lovely, only one problem for me, i never wear trousers, and i only wear open toed shoes!!!!!! i have looked on the above website and it is lovely, have now put on my list to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hope they dont care about my shoes [msnwink]

blott
08-11-2004, 22:28
Better put on your thermals by the sounds of it Liesa! :) And watch out you don't get frostbite! ;)

Lisa and Scott Parker
09-11-2004, 00:25
Hi Christine

I have just booked online to take the family to the Ice Palace at Gaylord Palms. It looks amazing and we have heard very good things about it. Booking online was easy and you can even print out the tickets although each one took more than a page! It says that you can visit at any time during its opening hours on the day you specify when you book so at least you are not tied down to a particular time.

Hope you enjoy it - we are going on 23 Dec and can't wait![msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Lisa

TINAPETERS
16-11-2004, 20:17
We have booked to go on Xmas Eve and have also printed our own tickets