PDA

View Full Version : TOP TEN THINGS ONLY WOMEN UNDERSTAND

fiona
07-11-2004, 22:33
10. Cats' facial expressions.
9. The need for the same style of shoes in different colours.
8. Why bean sprouts aren't just weeds.
7. Fat clothes.
6. Taking a car trip without trying to beat your best time.
5. The difference between beige, ecru, cream, off-white, and
eggshell.
4. Cutting your hair to make it grow.
3. Eyelash curlers.
2. The inaccuracy of every bathroom scale ever made.
AND, the Number One Number One thing only women understand:

1. OTHER WOMEN [clap][clap][angel]

LiesaAnna
07-11-2004, 22:49
oh i love you:D:D

you make me laugh!!!!!!!!
i'm trying to make the dinner,!!!!

are you bored or something[msnwink][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

brizzle
08-11-2004, 00:00
I don't understand [msnwink]

MaggieAllan
08-11-2004, 00:26
Brilliant Fiona. You think you've seen all these lists round work over the years, but this is a new one on me.

fiona
08-11-2004, 00:45
Variation on a theme:

10. Why it's good to have five pairs of black shoes.

9. The difference between cream, ivory, and off-white.

8. Crying can be fun.

7. FAT CLOTHES.

6. A salad, diet drink, and a hot fudge sundae make a balanced
lunch.

5. Discovering a designer dress on the clearance rack can be
considered a peak life experience.

4. The inaccuracy of every bathroom scale ever made.

3. A good man might be hard to find, but a good hairdresser is
next to impossible.

2. Why a phone call between two women never lasts under ten
minutes.

AND THE NUMBER ONE THING ONLY WOMEN UNDERSTAND:

1. OTHER WOMEN!

My sister is sending them to me, for those of you not on the owners section I am awaiting the results of a biopsy after a mammogram and scan last week. It looks like a benign growth but I get the results Friday am, hubby and ED (eldest daughter) are in Dubai (work!) until Thursday, and it's YD and the dogs (2 old english sheepdogs), the cat and me at home. Supper all week is treaty meals from M&S - smoked salmon followed by duck pancakes tonight (diet, what diet!).

MaggieAllan
08-11-2004, 00:52
Seems like you are doing your best to take your mind off it and keep good humoured ..... thanks for the laughs.

Take care...will be thinking of you on Friday.

Thank goodness for WWW...when you are away from family and friends it makes keeping in touch much easier.

Big hugs from me[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

gromit
08-11-2004, 01:08
They are new ones on me and I can't believe how true they are!!! Especially the one about the telephone - hey Lynne!!!?

Good to have some laughs when you need to put your mind somewhere else...fingers crossed for you Fiona.

LiesaAnna
08-11-2004, 01:25
number 6 is mine and my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wish you all the best, and will be thinking of you [lucky]
DM if you want to chat about anything!!!!![msnwink]

Fletch
08-11-2004, 01:34
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fiona
Variation on a theme:

8. Crying can be fun.

7. FAT CLOTHES.

lunch.

next to impossible.

minutes.

1. OTHER WOMEN!

My sister is sending them to me, for those of you not on the owners section I am awaiting the results of a biopsy after a mammogram and scan last week. It looks like a benign growth but I get the results Friday am, hubby and ED (eldest daughter) are in Dubai (work!) until Thursday, and it's YD and the dogs (2 old english sheepdogs), the cat and me at home. Supper all week is treaty meals from M&S - smoked salmon followed by duck pancakes tonight (diet, what diet!).
[/quote]

Thanks for the laughs Fiona - will be thinking of you on Friday.[grouphug]

LiesaAnna
12-11-2004, 11:42
Fiona,
just wanted to let you know, we are all with you today, holding your hand,
must be a very anxious time for you and your family!
i would send flowers by pics but there isnt one so you can have a [grouphug] instead!
thinking of you xx

julieanne
12-11-2004, 12:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fiona
Variation on a theme:

8. Crying can be fun.

7. FAT CLOTHES.

lunch.

next to impossible.

minutes.

1. OTHER WOMEN!

[/quote]

Good luck Fiona - hope everything is ok [grouphug]

Cruella DeVilla
12-11-2004, 23:25
[grouphug]
Fiona, best of luck.

Chloe
13-11-2004, 00:58
I know exactly the anxieties you are going through, Good luck. Chloe

Rhosyn
13-11-2004, 13:03
Fiona
thinking of you. chin up[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

fiona
13-11-2004, 17:01
Thanks for your kind thoughts, sadly news is not good. I see the surgeon on Monday and in on Wednesday for masectomy and removal of lymph nodes, then bone and liver scan to see if it has gone anywhere else.

Am now in frantic mode trying to get house clean, large stock of food (thank goodness for internet shopping) and everything else sorted as will not doing much for a few weeks afterwards.

Ray&Sarah
13-11-2004, 17:09
Hope all runs moothly for you Fiona, we will be thinking of you this week.[grouphug]

LiesaAnna
13-11-2004, 18:53
Hope all goes well for you have sent you a DM
be thinking of you!
take care.......;)

esprit
13-11-2004, 20:01
Well I have said it all in emails, Fi, sweetheart. Thinking of you and Chris and the girls, and wishing you all the luck in the world with the op and the tests.

Fletch
14-11-2004, 03:52
Fiona, all the very best for next week. Will be thinking of you.[grouphug]

LiesaAnna
14-11-2004, 12:50
alot has been said for positive thinking!!!!!!!!
so we're all there with you with positive thoughts, every step of the way!![grouphug]

julieanne
14-11-2004, 23:34
Fiona, although I don't know you I am thionking of you. One of my closest friends had this operation in January of this year.
She has made a wonderful recovery.

Keep thinking positive thoughts [grouphug]

pt cruiser
15-11-2004, 12:08
Fiona, like Julie said we have never met but i will be thinking of you. [grouphug]
Teresa

LiesaAnna
15-11-2004, 13:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pt cruiser
Fiona, like Julie said we have never met but i will be thinking of you. [grouphug]
Teresa
[/quote]

think we can say, we're all thinking of you xx

one step at a time,

do as the good Drs say! and you'll be ok[msnwink]

with you in thoughts
xx

mollymoo
15-11-2004, 15:56
Fiona, all the very best as I'm writing this you will be in hospital.

Hope everything goes well my mum had exactly the same as you five years ago, and she has now been given the all clear and is in remission.

Our thoughts are with you[msnsmile2]

Kerry-Ann

CarolAnn
15-11-2004, 16:14
[grouphug]Words fail me,but my thoughts are with you every step of the way!

fiona
15-11-2004, 23:36
Thank you all of you, and for so many of you sending all those lovely messages of support.

Met my consultant surgeon today for the first time who explained everything very slowly and clearly and was very insistent I just view things one step at a time. He thinks it is a bit of a rush to go in this Wednesday, so I am now booked in for next week. One bit of me feels oh crumbs another week worrying, being tense and not able to sleep, but the rest of me is relieved as I now have time to clear my desk at work (we run our own business so it never really goes away), get everything with the villa uptodate, and most important of all, lick my gals into shape in the form of getting their rooms clear. (2 teenager daughters, can't see the floors in their bedrooms, need I say anymore?[V]!) Having whipped round town today buying vests with supports in, pjs (easy access - do you remember when that was for another reason[msnwink] just a tad more exciting!) water spray for the face, flannels etc. not to mention yesterday buying a fortnights worth of dog and cat food plus stocked up with pasta, tins of tomatoes, I now feel I can relax and get sorted properly.

If I have to have chemo it will start immediately, and as I am categorised as young (aren't the medics wonderful, have a first child at 28 and you are an elderly mother, at 49 I am young[msnsmile2][clap]) they will probably do it anyway just to make sure.

What he did stress is more people survive this than don't, and he is sure I am going to be one of them. So thinking positive and as he says one step at a time. [beer](it's bacardi and coke but never mind) to you all.[grin]

KJH
16-11-2004, 00:09
Fiona,

All the positive thoughts and good wishes on this forum are with you at all times. Although it will be extremely difficult and very selfish of me to ask, could you ask your daughters to post an update to let us all know how you are doing. I presume you won't be taking a laptop into hospital!;) I am sure as soon as you are up and about we will here from you personally.

I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but I had 5lb of tissue taken away seven years ago, due to loads of lumps in both sides, my scars are lovely, very fine and hardly show. So far (touchwood) I am OK.[msnsmile2]

One day at a time............then loads of Baileys when you feel up to it.[grouphug]

linda.s
16-11-2004, 00:21
Fiona,
As has been said previously, although I don't know you personally, I feel as though I do through your posts.......... I am so very sorry to hear your news, and so very pleased to hear your strong words and positive outlook - It's the first step to overcoming any problems, and I am sure that this is just a small hurdle in the race of life, that you will clear with ease........
My thoughts are with you, for a quick and speedy recovery.
Take care.

julieanne
16-11-2004, 13:11
[grouphug]
Good to hear you sounding so positive Fiona. We're all with you...
As I said in a previous post my friend experienced this earlier this year and having "lived through" it (so to speak) with her and her family there really is light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep smiling :)

fiona
17-11-2004, 02:48
Thanks once again, you are dead right the laptop will NOT be coming into the hospital! Daughters will be answering enquiries, and Catriona will post on here either Thursday or Friday.

LiesaAnna
17-11-2004, 02:54
you know we're all here for you! you know theres gonna be many ups and downs, but we're here to try and keep you up and up and up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]