PDA

View Full Version : Catchy name wanted

KevinT
07-11-2004, 21:21
Hi All,
Wondered if you could give me some help?
As you might guess from the avatar I'm in the music biz. and need to find a catchy performance name for a male/female duo doing modern country music. Looking for titles based on American states or particularly towns.(Bearing in mind that most state names have been used already).
eg. Clearwater , Sundance , Indiana or two names - Santa Fe , Gulf Breeze , etc or even things like Starz ' n ' Stripes ,
Five ' n ' Dime or similar. Anyone any ideas? (not too obscene please!!) grateful for any help. Cheers [drinkpepsi]

LiesaAnna
07-11-2004, 21:28
we thought it funny for a possible username go to the hobbit topic, type in your name!!!!!!!
well theyre funny!!!:D
sorry, that'll teach me for not reading properly!!!;)
failing all that

Kentucky cluckers!
floridian foot stompers!
Dallas stompers!

blott
07-11-2004, 21:48
Florida Swampers?
Carolina Crooners?
Wisconsin Warblers?
Kentucky Krooners?
Moonshine?

sunseeker
08-11-2004, 00:47
Interstate?
wells fargo?

dave

Ray&Sarah
08-11-2004, 01:35
We used to do a dance at line dancing called "Swamp Thing"[msnsmile2]

steph_goodrum
08-11-2004, 01:45
What are the artists names, any that could be incorporated into the name?

steph_goodrum
08-11-2004, 01:49
Nashville or Tennessee are obviously good ones for country singers but obviously lots of them already (although good for coming up on search engines).

traceya89
08-11-2004, 02:04
? florida forums
? ov forums

CarolAnn
08-11-2004, 15:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
We used to do a dance at line dancing called "Swamp Thing"[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Wasn't that a film too, Swamp Thing?

I am fairly useless at this , but I do like Blott's suggestion of
"MOONSHINE";);)

Nostromo
08-11-2004, 15:13
Since it is a duo, why not call them Mississippi-Missouri ?

KevinT
08-11-2004, 15:19
Thanks for your answers so far. Very much liked Blotts "Moonshine" & Sunseekers "Interstate"

LiesaAnna. I thought maybe you'd misread it - It wasn't a Username I was after.But thanks for the afterthoughts!

Steph. Two names are mine(Kevin) and Sandra. Tried all sorts of combinations "Kevandra" "KevanSand" "Sanvin" etc but none appeal so far! I also agree that Nashville & Tennessee have the right tone - but unfortunately done to death!

Favourites from other non forum suggestions so far have been "Sundance" (actually a town in one of the states) and "Starz'n'Stripes"

CarolAnn. Swampthings certainly is unusual but conjures up horror films (maybe thats too close to the truth!!)

Nostromo - great name but I can't see the concert chairmen and MCs being able to get their heads round that one after a few pints!!

Any late entries still gratefully considered

Thanks again to all for your help.

CERICROWLEY
08-11-2004, 15:38
How about

Sweet Memphis

steph_goodrum
08-11-2004, 16:31
". Two names are mine(Kevin) and Sandra. Tried all sorts of combinations "Kevandra" "KevanSand" "Sanvin" etc but none appeal so far! "

Oh well theres your answer then Kevin,
Kentucky Sounds ((Ke from Kevin) and Sounds is almost a hononym of sands (short for Sandra):D:D:D

There used to be a local country group round here called Moonshine.

Southsider
08-11-2004, 16:37
What about

Kanzas Kavandra
Klondike Kevanra
or

The Kevanra Kentuckians

(I used Kevandra as is is your 2 names together!!)
and I think it looks good.

Best of luck - remember me when your famous!!!! (I like humvee's)!!!!

Tricia

blott
08-11-2004, 17:03
If it's anagrams you want, click here http://www.mi.uib.no/~ingeke/anagram/index_eng.html as there are hundreds for Kevin and Sandra!

Other suggestions:

Midnight Rodeo
Berkley Buskers
Sweet Berkley
Him 'n' me
Me 'n' her
Mountain Dew(!)
Mountain Harmony
Eagle Song
Two of a Kind
Florida Stompers

KevinT
09-11-2004, 01:19
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, we now have a shortlist of about 8 names and were leaving it to our agent to decide as he knows who's already working under certain names.
many thanks

Nostromo
09-11-2004, 13:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KevinT
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, we now have a shortlist of about 8 names and were leaving it to our agent to decide as he knows who's already working under certain names.
many thanks
[/quote]

Let us know what name the agent finally decided on.

CarolAnn
09-11-2004, 14:51
Kevin,

How about a poll on your shortlist( Make sure Moonshine is there though:))

Blotts anagram site might be worth a try before you set up the poll too!
This is fun! I must get out more[msnwink]

brizzle
09-11-2004, 16:53
Lonesome Two Knights?

KevinT
11-11-2004, 14:05
Thank you all for some great names, many of which were submitted along with others to our agent.
Eventual decision from him (and a few close friends) was "DreamCatcher" (As in the N.American Indian gizmo that is supposed to hang in your home and catch dreams!)
Thank you all so much for your postings.

ctgirlscout
11-11-2004, 17:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KevinT
Thank you all for some great names, many of which were submitted along with others to our agent.
Eventual decision from him (and a few close friends) was "DreamCatcher" (As in the N.American Indian gizmo that is supposed to hang in your home and catch dreams!)
Thank you all so much for your postings.
[/quote]

Dreamcatcher is a great name, Kevin! :) Very appropriate for country music!

LiesaAnna
11-11-2004, 21:25
very good!! will keep ours ears open for the name!!!!!!!!!!!!!in our travels!!!!!!!:)

Fletch
11-11-2004, 21:55
Good luck under your new name - I like it [msnsmile2]

blott
11-11-2004, 22:53
Great name Kevin! :) I hope it helps you to catch your dreams... :)

KevinT
12-11-2004, 03:49
Shock, Horror - have just been informed tonight that there is already a duo called Dream Catcher from Scotland ( not too far away) - so big U-Turn and back to the drawing board!![msnsad] "Nickel 'n' Dime" now a frontrunner.
[confused]

poet123
12-11-2004, 03:57
How about "The Sand Dollars"??????[clap][clap]

LiesaAnna
12-11-2004, 10:52
for what its worth, i think "Nickel 'n' Dime sounds better, more country and western?!!!!!!!
[clap][clap]
good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KevinT
12-11-2004, 15:33
Thank you Poet123 - will add that to the consider list. Should change my name to Tony then we could be "SanAnTone" !![laugh]

blott
12-11-2004, 16:14
Oh blimey Kevin, you sure are having problems here! [msncry] I'm frightened to suggest any more in case they've already been used.

KevinT
12-11-2004, 21:16
Please don't give up Blott! Everyone has come up with great ones so far and the right name may be 'just around the corner'. We may just stumble on an ideal one shortly. I should maybe ask a TV company for a good name as they always seem full of ideas for shop names, particularly hairdressers like Herr Kutz, Headmasters etc (and Roy's Rolls !).
We just need one where both of us can say "that's it"!
Started thinking along Red Indian lines now like "RainDance" "PeacePipe" or "Hiya Watha!" [msneek]

Joolz
19-11-2004, 14:19
You said it your self How about: - "Just around the corner" .....??
Could get a good country song from that too....

KevinT
19-11-2004, 15:37
Sorry all - had a busy few days so didn't get back to tell you that the general opinion (also approved by agent) was the name "Five 'n' Dime" . (As in the American 40s & 50s value shops like Woolworths etc) Probably the forerunners of Walmart!! [laugh]
Thankyou one and all for your suggestions, there were some great ones.

Southsider
19-11-2004, 16:40
That is a good name, Kevin, I suppose there is always 'Seven-Eleven' as a last resort!!!!

Tricia

LiesaAnna
19-11-2004, 18:37
not bad!!! will catch on i'm sure!!!;)

Nostromo
19-11-2004, 18:40
Or something like "Living Daylights" ? I always fancied that name for a band! The Bond story / movie has the prefix 'The' in the title and so you'll be all right with copywright.

KevinT
19-11-2004, 21:05
That's a good one Tricia 7-11!! There's a seven eleven filling station in front of our management co. and those are the sort of evening performance hours we do - I like it, if we have to make an "eleventh" hour U-turn we could definitely consider that - cheers!![clap]
Thanks also to Liesanna and Nostromo (not sure quite where the 'country connection' is with
"Living Daylights") but great suggestions from all [beer]