PDA

View Full Version : Needing help

Kissyme
04-11-2002, 10:24
We would like to rent a villa but are a little worried. Afew years ago we rentend a villa in spain (privately) When we got off the plane all we had was an address this was`nt too bad as there were a lot of cabs, but on the second day my son had an accident and needed hospital treatment we had to find a hopital and deal with all that one our own. If you rent a villa in florida is there some sort of office you can contact in an emergency or do you wing it once you get there
Kym x

steph_goodrum
04-11-2002, 11:30
Hi Kim
I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience in Spain, however, please don't let it put you off renting again. All our private villa owners have a local caretaker or management person available to help in the event of any emergencies, and almost all villa owners will have in their home a Welcome book, which will give full details of where to go in the event of accidents etc. and telling you where the local walk-in medical centre is. Our owners all love their homes and are happy to contact you by phone to discuss any worries you may have and in doing so, like to think of their guests as extended friends and family and are always keen to help their stay be as enjoyable and problem free as possible. We try not to be intrusive as many people choose this sort of holiday for the extra privacy they gain over a hotel but we are never more than a phone csll away, and as many homeowners have made several trips before venturing into investing their life savings in a home, they can be relied upon to give you a wealth of information that many tour operators won't, never even having visited the places. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Harmony
04-11-2002, 13:38
Hi Kym,

I agree with everything Babblin Boo has said but would just like to add this. When in Spain every problem seemed greater due to the differculty of not speaking spanish and the locals disinterest in helping us. By contrast in Florida everyone has aways been so helpful and kind, and of course we do sort of talk the same.

I'm sure you would have a wonderful holiday and will want to go again and again just like us.

Best wishes and have a great time.[8D]

blott
04-11-2002, 14:23
Hi Kissyme

As already said, all home owners have 24/7 emergency help available (hope you won't need it on this holiday!). We've also stayed in various villas in Spain and, as you say, most of them don't have this facility or much in the way of useful local information.

All the home owners on this website will provide you with comprehensive driving directions as well as all sorts of local info when you book a home because we want you to get the most out of your Florida visit.

Just to put your mind at rest about some of the medical facilities, I've been treated in a walk-in medical center in Florida and the treatment I received was excellent, if expensive.

Please, just take out comprehensive travel insurance when you book your holiday to make sure you're covered for all eventualities and then sit back, relax and enjoy your Florida holiday!

florida4sun
04-11-2002, 18:09
This is not a worry in Florida. If it is serious then you simply call 911. All homes have a 24 hour help line. Local hospital numbers and walk in medical centres telephone numbers have to be listed in the home by law.
Finding medical help is not aproblem over here, I would say its easier than in the UK.

quote:Originally posted by Kissyme

We would like to rent a villa but are a little worried. Afew years ago we rentend a villa in spain (privately) When we got off the plane all we had was an address this was`nt too bad as there were a lot of cabs, but on the second day my son had an accident and needed hospital treatment we had to find a hopital and deal with all that one our own. If you rent a villa in florida is there some sort of office you can contact in an emergency or do you wing it once you get there
Kym x

Kissyme
07-11-2002, 17:45
Many thanks for all your answers very helpful.:DHave already booked to go next year but with a tour company then found your website and amazed(and a little peeved):( at how much we could have saved so next year you will definatly be on our first chioce list out of interest can you arrange flights,car hire ect kym

blott
07-11-2002, 18:10
Hi again

Whoops! It's always cheaper and you get better information by booking direct through a home owner (plus, you can ask them as many questions as you like before and after you book!).

There are links to flights and car rentals on this site if you click on 'Home' in the top menu and even discount theme park tickets by clicking the link.

Have a great Florida holiday!