PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berkely, Kissimee PT2 and final installment!

Mrs-PRG7000
04-11-2004, 03:02
This is extremely long and i am going to try and interspace it with pics if I can figure that out!!!. Sorry if its long winded.

Part 2

Next day we got up a bit brighter and looked forward to the day. We headed to Universal Islands of Adventure. We had a fab time, the kids met so many characters, inc Shrek, Tommy, Angelica, Crash Bandicoot, Popeye and Olive Oyl, Spongebob, then into another part of the park they had their pics taken with Spiderman and Dr Seuss, The Grinch, Cat in the Hat etc and all the other Seuss characters, they were in awe, so many on the first full day. We had been to Disneyland Paris a few years back and they didn’t see a single character apart from in the parades, so they were very disappointed then, but this time I could see the sheer excitement not only in their faces but my own eyes were welling up each time a charachter spent some time with them, oooh a couple of others on this day also were Shaggy and Scooby, Woody and Winnie. I am not one for the rides but I enjoyed the simulater, inc Spiderman, but just shut my eyes when it falls !!!! Yeah I know I am a coward….I got bribed into going on the Popeye ride lol, to which we got drenched, but it was great fun and as it was late and there were no queues we stayed on for a second ride.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mrs-PRG7000/2004113225529_DSCN0010.jpg

Part of our mob on the Doom ride
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mrs-PRG7000/2004113225939_1.jpg

All in all I couldn’t fault the day. Took loads of cam film as well as pics, we were thoroughly exhausted again by the time we got home but it was well worth it.

Incidentally we got lost on several occasions either going to the parks or coming home, the signposts either had blown down during the hurricanes or they don’t signpost very well, but by the end of the two weeks and it took us that long to get our heads around the routes we finally had it under control lol.

The rest is a condensed version of events, as I didn’t diarise daily and it all whizzed past far too quickly to remember what happened on what days…also Belz grabbed me and everything else is a blur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so we tried out a shopping day at Buena Vista. Found the TCD place and picked up a few leaflets and stuff, bought some t shirts and found the shoe shops, little did we realise that this was just a taste of what was to come hehehehe , I think it was that night we had a meal at Pacinos and Italian restaurant, it was a standard started, main course and dessert meal instead of Buffet which made a change. We had a very nice evening there, my brother in law had the Sizzling Steak I think it was and nursed it most of the meal, it was so fiery even for him and he is used to spicy food so beware lol

MGM Studios we also had lined up, we enjoyed this but not as much as Universal in fact we had been back to Universal 4 or 5 times during our stay. We did the Terminater simulater which everyone thought was fantastic. Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror were invaded by my kids and brother and sis in law. There was a water park within this park and the kids got drenched which they thoroughly enjoyed as it was so hot.

The Barney Show a grab from the camcorder
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mrs-PRG7000/200411323133_2.jpg

We had a character breakfast at Animal Kingdom where the kids met Donald, Mickey, Goofy and Pluto, and managed to fit in the Safari ride and the Bugs Life thing before the tail end of Tropical Storm Matthew opened up for the day, so we had to call it a day there. So off we headed for International Drive for the rest of the day!!!!
Well what can I say……Wow……. I had the best time so far. Shopping is like a hobby but this was serious now lol. We found Belz and just started from there really lol. We found the best little pizza place called sbarro, great pizza and Ziti. More shopping then we got lost on the way home…story of our lives, after a 30 min drive headed way in the wrong direction we finally heade

traceya89
04-11-2004, 03:56
this definitely has me in the mood for florida.

kaysvacationvilla
04-11-2004, 05:30
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I can't wait to get back there in April.:)Great report!![clap][clap]

LiesaAnna
04-11-2004, 12:00
Mrs PRG!!!!!!
ooohh you got me going!!!!!!!you really got me going!!!!!!!!!!!
we met shrek, eliza doolittle, donny, scooby doo and shaggy oh so many of the same as you!!!
we're aiming at universal again but with islands of adventure as well,
how lucky to get all the sale stuff, my steve was glad we wernt there!!!!!!lol, then!!!!!!!
glad you all had a fantastic time, looking forward to the photos,
thankyou[msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
04-11-2004, 12:05
Great report, sounds like you shopped till you dropped. Love the Barney pic, reminds me of our first time in Orlando, our younger son was a Barney fanatic and he loved the "Walk in the Park with Barney" show.[msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
04-11-2004, 12:29
Thanks Lynn:) Nice to have some pics too! What a great way to have breakfast in the morning, guess some people read the papers? Nah! I would rather read about Florida holidays/Trips, posts like yours! Tee Hee[msnwink]

MaggieAllan
04-11-2004, 14:17
Another excellent report....interesting about other holidays to elsewhere. After our first visit to Florida we went on a 'normal' 2 week holiday in Europe and found we really struggled with the lack of activity. We have never been spit roasters and always enjoyed a walk, boat trips etc but just could not settle. Since then the longest we book in Europe is one week, which we really enjoy, and three day trips are good as well short haul. But a fortnight....just couldn't face that ever again.

I have to admit, we sometimes think we might not enjoy 2 weeks in Fla again (hangs head in shame)but every time we go we find something new to do, and we haven't seen half of it yet. We alos want to travel all over the States...only time and money stopping us.

Mrs-PRG7000
04-11-2004, 14:45
I know where you are coming from Maggie, 'normal holidays' methinks might become a thing of the past once you taste the cream of holidays. I think that although going to Fl is faster paced because of the parks as opposed to somewhere like Greece, you also have facilities like a washer and dryer whereas handwashing in Greece and returning with a case full of dirty clothes, normal meals (if you can call ENORMOUS buffets normal lol) as opposed to tummy upsetting meals and spending most of the holiday not straying too far from the nearest loo!!!! but then thats the charm of somewhere like Greece :D

Like you I think a week is now enough in Europe, as for Florida....well no less than 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amy
04-11-2004, 14:49
great report, looks like you had a fab time.

Kiddie001
04-11-2004, 18:28
Glad its not just me that got lost every time I went out.
I suspect being a clairvoiyant would help.
When you want "192 east" you naturally drive past the "192 west" sign expecting your one later, only to find out afterwards that you should take "192 west" which then branched off into "192 east"[msnmad]

Ian

Madabouttigger
04-11-2004, 22:42
We did the got lost everyday for the 1st week too. What is it with the road signs out there??
[msnscared]

daisy
05-11-2004, 02:08
sounds like you all had a fantastic time will look out for the photos. can almost hear my other half groan when i even think about the shopping i`ll be doing when i go and i`ve neaver been before ! carnt wait [msnsmile2]

Southsider
05-11-2004, 04:00
Your pictures are brilliant! I Dont like the one of the Dr. Doom ride though, it gives me palpitations, it has to be the scariest ride ever invented!![msnscared]

Tricia