PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berkley, Kissimmee

Mrs-PRG7000
03-11-2004, 23:19
Apologies in advance as this is lengthy[msneek]

Our holiday from 3rd Oct -18th Oct.
We are two partys, Paul myself and our 3 girls, Rebecca 14, Katie, 12 and Jenna 7, and my brother in law, his wife, and their two children, so 9 in all. We are staying at Lake Berkley in two separate townhouses.

We had a 1pm flight with TCD. Everything was going to plan, we checked in got rid of the cases then went for something to eat and a browse to kill time. Our flight was boarding so headed in the right direction. We boarded the plane, then we sat there…and sat there…and sat there ugh. They said they were waiting for paperwork. We got incredibly hot and after over an hour was asked to go back to the departure lounge where they would issue us with £5 vouchers to get food, so we new we would be here for a while [msncry]!!!! Apparently one of the flaps or rudders whatever it is called wasn’t lighting up in the cockpit, and they had to wait for a replacement part.
8 hours later a leaflet was circulated apologising for the delay and the fact that they had searched the country looking for the part and ended up getting one flown in from Belgium. 9 hours later we finally boarded the plane and was asked to applaud the cabin crew as they had volunteered to stay on. I wish they hadn’t as the one that served us was miserable as sin. They announced that there would be no hot food on this flight as there had been a lack of communication with catering and they hadn’t removed the meals that had sat there from the earlier intended flight. More like the cabin crew had been told to stay on but they wouldn’t serve up anything for us. So we got Pringles and sweets for the duration of the journey…just as well this turned into a night flight or this would have been unbearable. As it turned out we slept for the most part and it made the journey quicker. So we didn’t really get off to a great start, but we made the best of a bad situation. We arrived at Sanford in the early hours to a wall of heat, damp and sticky sort of heat. Picked up our car and headed out. A weird experience driving on the wrongs side for the first time and just as well there were not many cars on the road as we took a wrong turn straight into a toll and managed to reverse back out onto the right road!!!!.

Apart from going up and down the 192 about 5 times looking for the turn off to Lake Berkley [confused], we finally realised that because there were road works around this area that where it said ‘road closed’ it didn’t mean the road that you were going into but the lane going across…ahem!!!!!

Yeayyy finally into Lake Berkley and we were dead impressed [clap]it made up for the rotten journey that we had. The townhouses were excellent, 2 full bathrooms plus an extra loo downstairs, fully equipped kitchem with dishwasher, washer and dryer, you name it, it had it. We didn’t bother going to bed, and as it got light we had showers and headed out to Perkins for breakfast and whew it was huge. Service was awesome, so we went there often lol.

We decided that rather than go back to the townhouse and go to bed, that we would be better to go to a park and go to bed at a normal time later otherwise we wouldn’t be able to sleep, so from Perkins we managed to find Blizzard Beach, a bit hairier in daylight!!!!...mind the kerb
Had a great time there the kids where they got their energy from is beyond me as I was fit to drop and this was day one lol

We ate at Ponderosa opposite Old Town, then feeling stuffed to the brim went back to the Townhouse and collapsed in bed. [zzz]

End of day one

a couple of pics of the day to follow when I resize

Ray&Sarah
03-11-2004, 23:40
Great report, hope the delay didn't spoil your enjoyment too much. Sounds like Blizzard Beach was a hit.[msnsmile2]

amy
03-11-2004, 23:45
Glad to here you had a great time following the delay.[msnsmile]

LiesaAnna
03-11-2004, 23:47
Thanx Mrs PRG,
this is sounding good, and i know where that ponderosa is cos we've eaten there!!!!
shame about that flight tho, i think i wouldve cried if that was us, fingers crossed!!;)

Mrs-PRG7000
03-11-2004, 23:59
Awww thanks, we did have a fantastic time, so although it was a bit of a bad start, the holidau made up for that...Ok can someone tell me how to put my pics up, I tried using the image code, and then uploading a file, but I am not getting anywhere is there something else i should be doing

LiesaAnna
04-11-2004, 00:36
am not sure, but if you look in forum support/admin there is a thread about pictures

linda allen
04-11-2004, 02:25
looking forward to the next instalment. Shame about the flight, who are TCD? travel city direct[confused] even though I'm in the industry I can't keep up with all these new airlines that spring up and old ones that change names[msnembarrased]

Linda

Mrs-PRG7000
04-11-2004, 03:08
Thanks for the suggestion Linda I think I got it figured, I had to resize them as they were timing out.

EDIT:oops forgot this, yes TCD are Travel City Direct, and incidentally we had no problems whatsoever on the way back, and we had a very happy helpful cabin crew on the return journey, plus a roast chicken meal which I have to say for an airplane meal was pretty good...so a big thumbs up to TCD[beer]

Madabouttigger
04-11-2004, 22:36
Great start for the trip report, looking forward to the rest. What an awful experience on the flight out though!
[msnsad]