PDA

View Full Version : Applying for visas again ?

parrot 2
03-11-2004, 14:44
Does anyone know if once you have been issued with Visa from American Embassy for Criminal Passed or Over Staying your welcome, do you have to apply again if want to go next year and go through the interviews again and payments??????

steph_goodrum
03-11-2004, 15:58
Parrot,
If the visa is issued for 10 years then you dont have to go through it all again until the visa expires. Obviously then you have to reapply for a new visa as you cant rewrite history so will still be ineligible to enter under visa waiver scheme, as the answers to the questions will still be the same.

parrot 2
03-11-2004, 16:11
AH THANKS FOR THAT, I WAS TOLD YESTERDAY BY SOMEONE THAT THE HOLIDAY VISA THATS STAMPED INTO YOUR PASSPORT WOULD ONLY LAST 3-6 MONTHS AND WOULD HAVE TO GO ALL THROUGH IT AGAIN [msnsad]

steph_goodrum
03-11-2004, 18:48
Did you not get something when the visa was approved to tell you the length of it? I think they are usually 10 years but don't know if there are exceptions .

parrot 2
03-11-2004, 19:01
been told that visa has been accepted and posted self address envelope yesterday so should receive within a week.

Because its a holiday visa i thought might be true and only cover you for 3-6 months, have to wait and see i guess :o(

E. Cosgrove
03-11-2004, 23:13
it says on the website that if you have a criminal record you may be able to get a restricted visa....I don't know what this means but may mean only 3 - 6 months.

george
04-11-2004, 12:59
If you were arrested and all charges were dropped - I am told that you still have to apply for a visa but.... they can't say that you have a criminal record because you don't so would the visa last longer than 3-6 months in this instance ?

Pamela

blott
04-11-2004, 15:52
The US Embassy has complete discretion to issue (or not) a visa to any potential US visitor and I'm not sure that there are any hard and fast rules which can be quoted as definitely applying.

They usually evaluate each case on its merits (that's why you have to provide your paperwork and go for an interview) - I had a guest who had an arrest and conviction for a motoring offence who was issued with a ten year visa but that doesn't mean to say that everyone will be treated in the same way, even if they have similar situations.