PDA

View Full Version : character meals in ioa/universal

traceya89
03-11-2004, 04:17
does anyone know of any character meals in ioa or universal. we had lunch in ioa about 3 years ago and then the following years the character meals were not on. it was great with spiderman, thing 1 and 1, and others. i see from a previous link there was character meals last year with cat in the hat but that was when the film first came out. quite a few years ago there were character meals with scooby doo. any idea if any characters meals are on now??

Nostromo
03-11-2004, 20:25
I don't think that Universal / IoA do regular scheduled Character Meals in the WDW mould these days. There is the Cat in the Hat Breakfast, of course, and they offer special birthday packages. There might be seasonal events that include meal deals occasionally, but as far as I know, nothing like Disney's own.

traceya89
03-11-2004, 23:16
as it is all about making money I am surprised that universal do not do more character meals.[msnsmile2]

traceya89
03-11-2004, 23:17
as it is all about making money I am surprised that universal do not do more character meals.[msnsmile2]

Nostromo
04-11-2004, 00:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by traceya89
[/quote]

I think there are reasons behind their decision. Universal's characters are not quite as cute and cuddly as their Disney counterparts and don't lend themselves to Character meals as easily. Remember that these meals are mainly aimed at the kids who might not enjoy dining with Spiderman or Bluto as much as Mickey or Goofy.