PDA

View Full Version : Halloween

gromit
01-11-2004, 18:52
Did anyone else have loads of trickle treat visits last night? I think it's great that we are making Halloween more special here - would be great if it became like it is in America. We have never had so many kids dressed up knocking on the door and they were all so well behaved!

I had to bath Alex in the middle of the visits so I put a sign outside saying Bathing baby, Happy Halloween and help yourself to some treats, I was really surprised that people were only taking enough for themselves. I thought the first group to see the bag at the front door would run off with the lot!!!!

Alex looked great as a pumpkin picture to follow soon!!!

LiesaAnna
01-11-2004, 22:33
ahhh my little grandson Bradley was dressed as a pumpkin!!! have to compare pics see if they are the same;) he looked so cute as i bet your little Alex did!
brilliant night, but as i had been painting all afternoon and then having to keep getting up to answer the door, kids wouldnt as some can be quite scarey!!![msnscared]
they were all good but i think there were some "thankyous" missing!!!;)
they seemed to come much later then we were expecting!!!
so we've told them to come earlier next time as we had run out!! at 7.30pm

mollymoo
01-11-2004, 23:48
I went out trick or treating with my two girls, Seven year old was dressed as a Cat and the 2 year old was dressed as a Witch, and Mummy was dressed as a devil the girls got lots of sweets:D:D

And Mummy got called 'Horny', I'm sure he was just referring to my Flashing Devil Horns[}:)][}:)][}:)]

Kerry-Ann

Ray&Sarah
01-11-2004, 23:54
Its great to see all the young children out dressed up for halloween. The thing that spoils it in our area is the teenagers who put on a horrible mask and knock on the door just wanting money and turn up their noses at sweets. It spoils it for the little ones too as many people then won't answer the door and they miss out.[msnsad]

mollymoo
01-11-2004, 23:58
I must admit Ray & Sarah, when we walking round the streets yesterday there were a lot of teenagers in the scream masks, and masks that ozze blood out of the eyes and they just seem to have attitude!!!

I wouldn't answer the door if I saw they were teenagers, don't mind the little ones, we knocked on a few doors and the little ones inside like to see who's knocking and if they came up against that it would give them nightmares.[V]

Kerry-Ann

LiesaAnna
02-11-2004, 03:16
our lot go to more or less the same houses in our avenue that they've been to over the last few years and brought me home loads of sweets, but today i'm starting my diet.......watch this space..............

a few of the neighbours asked if Lauren would be coming around so they were expecting her and her older sister and the baby!
they had great fun!
on the whole the kids were ok, but i do find lots never say "thankyou" mine do!!!!!!!!!!

CERICROWLEY
02-11-2004, 13:53
Went to Magic Kingdom 29th October. Costumes by the thousands. and some great ideas. GOing again next year. Will be very brave and dress up myself. I looked out of place not dressed up.

blott
02-11-2004, 16:01
I was in hospital and there weren't any there. ;) At home, we had no-one apparently. :)

LiesaAnna
02-11-2004, 16:23
oh bless, hope your ok?;)

blott
02-11-2004, 16:43
I'm fine thanks Liesa. :)