PDA

View Full Version : islands of adventure!!!!!!!!

LiesaAnna
31-10-2004, 15:42
my lot are really looking forward to this one!
ages are 9, 16,21 and of course me and steve whats there for wimpy me????

is this one better aimed at teenagers? think i read that somewhere.......[msncool]

eagleydo
31-10-2004, 16:04
Have you not been to IOA Liesa? This is one of the best. I'M a scaredy cat but love this Park. Spiderman is the King even Roller Coaster fans like it, best virtual ride ever. Popeye is great for getting wet and I love Rip Saw Falls (have to be in the middle though) this is ok for me even though scared of heights because I can't see down. Jurassic Park river Adventure is great too.

eagleydo
31-10-2004, 16:07
Just a thought, does this mean you have not Universal Studios? If not you have lots of good things to look forward too. Such as Men in Black, Twister, Mummy and Earthquake. Do Not! miss the horror make up show, this is good and to think we only saw it for the first time last year and had never looked before.

Nostromo
31-10-2004, 17:34
IoA is a thrill ride park, but there us something for everyone, even wimpy you Leisa. As has been said, Spiderman is mainly a 3D simulated ride and you can happily go on it. Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges ride is great fun & gets you wetter than any other, but is relatively mild. Likewise, the Jurassic Park River Adventure is good and has only one big drop at the end. And while braver souls in your party are doing the big rides, you can take the kiddies on the Flying Unicorn, Pteranodon Flyers, Cat in the Hat etc. As I said, plenty to see, do & have a good time.:)

eagleydo
31-10-2004, 17:40
Not sure abot Pterandon Flyers, I know it is for little ones but I for one was too scared to go on it!

daxon
31-10-2004, 18:56
My sister has awful problems with heights but she quite liked going on pteradon flyers (even with her eyes shut!!) ;)

LiesaAnna
31-10-2004, 19:06
yes we have done Universal studios, we try not to go mad, we're not made of money!!!! and there is always something else to go back for!!!!!!!!!!!!
i did jaws, earthquake, i was afraid of twister so i held the bags, also Lauren dosent like half this stuff so i/ yes memememe have to look after her:D
have now seen men in black on tv so i think i'm ready for that, it was extreme rides or something like that last sunday and they showed how it works, so think that i can do that one[msnwink]

eagleydo
31-10-2004, 19:34
Men in black is just a trip in a car which holds 6 people and you shoot monsters with your phaser guns. I always get the lowest score but who cares, good fun. We usually buy the two day ticket which comes with a third day free, to be used in 7 days.

LiesaAnna
31-10-2004, 22:31
yes i think thats our aim this time!! then if we run out of doh we can go back!!!!!!!!on the 3rd free![msnwink]
is there a ticket for universal studios and islands of adventure? could i get those then hopefully have a deal with 3rd day free??

am not tight just careful[msnwink][laugh][laugh]

eagleydo
31-10-2004, 23:32
At the top of this page click on the orlando tickets and there is exactly the right ticket for both parks with the third day three. Careful is sensible and that is why I always look for the best buys.

LiesaAnna
01-11-2004, 01:15
just had a good look Jan, its worth while doing it this way , but dont know now if i've allowed enough time,
sorry i meant about delivery time!!!! i would get myself in a state of panic! as we leave in 30 or so days!!!!

eagleydo
01-11-2004, 03:00
If you can make time then i would suggest you give it a go. I am sure you would all like it.

E. Cosgrove
01-11-2004, 21:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
just had a good look Jan, its worth while doing it this way , but dont know now if i've allowed enough time,
sorry i meant about delivery time!!!! i would get myself in a state of panic! as we leave in 30 or so days!!!!
[/quote]
I think they say tickets should normally arrive in 10 - 14 days Leisa, so plenty of time. IOA is great, but I hate the cat in the hat ride...too twizzy round and Spiderman makes me sick as well, I'm no good with virtual reality. I love the hulk and Dr doom though![msnsmile2]

Sally D
02-11-2004, 02:23
I'm the whimp too. Love Spiderman though and Popeye and Blutos barges. First time didn't know what the Jurassic ride was about so just got on it. Loved it and went on again this year 3 times. My girls laugh at me as that is as brave as I get.

LiesaAnna
02-11-2004, 03:53
what is the jurassic park ride? is it water ride?

Nostromo
02-11-2004, 11:49
what is the jurassic park ride? is it water ride?
[/quote]

Yes. You are in a 16-person Raft that initially meanders through a prehistoric jungle setting with noises and shadows reminding you that there are dangerous Dinos loose. You then climb into a sort of research facility building where your raft is attacked by a T-Rex, but you escape via a big 80-foot (and very wet!) drop to safety. Quite good.

LiesaAnna
02-11-2004, 17:30
can you fall out???[confused]

amy
02-11-2004, 17:46
[/quote]

Not really, it appears as more as a rollercoster car than a raft and a bar holds you in.

eagleydo
02-11-2004, 18:44
You cannot fall out. You are in a large boat with a lap bar going across you, it is not as scary as nostromo's accounts appears (if it was I wouldn't be ever on it). Your only big question should be will I get wet and the answer is yes.

Nostromo
02-11-2004, 18:50
[/quote]

Actually, it depends. They have TWO T-Rexes that are let loose in turn on the visitors. One of them (the female) is bigger and meaner and tends to get a bit...well, overenthusiastic...with her attacks on the raft. If the restraining cables stretch too far, then there is every possibility that one or more riders may fall out...or worse, end up as the big T's lunch. I have heard that there have been a few near-misses, but no major mishaps thus far. I am sure that you'll be all right Leisa, but just to be sure, try to sit in the middle of the raft.[msnscared]

LiesaAnna
02-11-2004, 19:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
[/quote]

Actually, it depends. They have TWO T-Rexes that are let loose in turn on the visitors. One of them (the female) is bigger and meaner and tends to get a bit...well, overenthusiastic...with her attacks on the raft. If the restraining cables stretch too far, then there is every possibility that one or more riders may fall out...or worse, end up as the big T's lunch. I have heard that there have been a few near-misses, but no major mishaps thus far. I am sure that you'll be all right Leisa, but just to be sure, try to sit in the middle of the raft.[msnscared]
[/quote]
yeh right and you want me to come back and tell you that i didnt get wet right???????
i bet i should sit on a side?? oh well we'll just have to wait and see, but am looking forward to trying this ride now!!!!!!, but this bar will it hold me in dont forget i am a fatty!!!!!!!!![msnwink]

eagleydo
02-11-2004, 19:45
NOSTROMO !! You are wicked !! [laugh][laugh][laugh][angel]

Nostromo
02-11-2004, 20:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by eagleydo
NOSTROMO !! You are wicked !! [laugh][laugh][laugh][angel]

[/quote]

I must be, because during our last visit to IoA, they offered me the job when one of the in-house T-Rexes went off with stress. The pay was good and I almost accepted, but I found that I could not get on with that aforementioned female colleague!

LiesaAnna
02-11-2004, 22:44
i just had a look on some page and watched it through a live media stream (or whatever its called) and watched jurassic park! yep !!its a big drop, but so long as your sure that i wont fall out of it i'll have a go, it looks great!!!!!!!![msnscared]

eagleydo
02-11-2004, 22:56
Good for you !! you will enjoy. When you off to Florida ? Soon isn't it ? Need a babysitter ? Someone to carry your bags ? Back just over 3 weeks and need to be there not here, bad isn't it ?

LiesaAnna
02-11-2004, 23:18
we're off in 4 weeks, yes we have a spare bed, dont tell my villa owner [msnwink] (only joking)
so bag carrier, where do you live???? we'll pick you up on the 2nd of nov, ok?[msnwink]
thanks for all your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

chunkichik
15-11-2004, 02:48
Liesa

Now I am not wanting to get too personal, we have only just met after all, but be assured, if I can get under the lap bar you will too, just hold on and enjoy it!!

Anita

LiesaAnna
15-11-2004, 13:12
Anita, i worry cos i'm a fatty! no other way of putting it i'm afraid!
when i went on to splash mountain the bar went down, but am so concerned that with my weight behind it ,it will pop up!...........
that'll teach me not to go on that diet!!! i keep starting one, and nothing comes off so now i'm not dieting i lost 2lbs last week with the nurse at the surgery!!!!!

chunkichik
15-11-2004, 23:37
Liesa, arrh bless you, I have seen pictorial evidence of you!! when we first went my main worry was fitting in the plane seat, and then the roller coasters!!!! I even sat in the test seat outside Kraken, how embarrassing was that!!!!!! I have just started my fitmess drive for October next year, I have gone back to my old job in retail and needless to say eight very frenetic hours on my feet everyday has two advantages, I lose a bit of weight (nothing too dramatic) but my feet can cope with Disney all day no problem!!!

My sister in Law and I were doing the same job before we went in 2002, we even went to the Ideal Home Exhibition in Earls court and our feet were fine!!! (the old man and kids were moaning like hell though tee hee!!!! [}:)]

Well done on your 2lb! Keep my posted, perhaps we should start a forum diet club!!

LiesaAnna
16-11-2004, 02:23
come on then, lets be having a photo of you then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

KJH
16-11-2004, 02:56
Hattie please stay still, I can't find you!

LiesaAnna
16-11-2004, 12:50
Hey Kaz!!!!!!!!
you cant miss me!!!!!!![msnwink]

IanW
27-11-2004, 04:41
I've got a 9yr old and a 4yr old and I wondered if Islands of Adventure has enough to occupy the younger age group. Should we put it off for another year?
Ian

LiesaAnna
27-11-2004, 13:49
watch this space, we have a 9 year old and 16 year old, 21, and another 3 older ones at home, when the 9 year old went to magic kingdom 2years ago, she looked bored on video, and pleased me with photos, so am hoping she may enjoy Islands of Adventure better, we go on wednesday next week, so we'll keep you posted about 9 year olds[msnwink]

KJH
27-11-2004, 16:45
We first went when Alfie was 7. He enjoyed all of it, everywhere. The girls were 10/12.:)

jolliffee
27-11-2004, 23:14
Liesa I think you should all enjoy IOA, it has a lot of good rides don't forget the rear right hand seat is best for the coasters.[msnwink][msnsmile2][msncool]

LiesaAnna
27-11-2004, 23:21
ha ha ha sorry i dont believe you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres only so many rides that i'm gonna do! rollercoasters are no go!![msnwink]

KJH
28-11-2004, 04:29
See hattie,

We should be out there at the same time.:DI hate the coasters and sit by myself in the sun. We could be chatting, although I wonder if we would be able to speak, we would have to sit with laptops and type to each other.[msnwink]

Sorry for going off topic.

All my lot love the coasters.

Kaz

CarolAnn
28-11-2004, 06:02
Plenty for the younger,slighty less brave(teenager like!) amoung you!! We are looking forward to going again in April 05. Missed IOA out this year, but we enjoy this park, plenty of variety, and very colourful. Shows & presentations are excellent, it really isn't ALL about the rides!! Though they are cool too if it is your cup of tea [8D]

Southsider
28-11-2004, 22:56
LiesaAnna - Get yourself some 'Rescue Remedy' in superdrug or Boots before you go, it is completely natural and takes away any anxiety before getting on the rides or even flying, 2 drops in water or straight onto your tongue is all it takes.

Tricia

LiesaAnna
29-11-2004, 01:56
thats my plan tomorrow, but need to get something for my 16 year old daughter as she is getting panicky about flying!

LiesaAnna
18-12-2004, 22:17
lovely place and so decorative!!!!!
something for everyone , we liked this park, it did help that the weather was very warm!
my lot really enjoyed the hulk ride, and the river rapids style boats, they got drenched!
nice snacky foods, just a lovely park!
(especially after meeting spiderman!)[msnwink]