PDA

View Full Version : another virus

bellaepovera
28-10-2002, 18:30
two things this afternoon i was sent this from hotmail with an attachment and when i opened up this attachment thank god they have a good anti virus there was a big time virus attached+.-/
here is the letter they sent+.-/This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients.
This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:admin@orlandovillaowners.com

For further assistance, please contact < postmaster@hotmail.com >
If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the message returned below.

Copy of your message, including all the headers is attached
i did not send any messages to this address.+.-/
also i spilled coffee on my keyboard and now i cant use capital letters as it zaps whatever site im in away what should i do also when i press enter this shows up+. help

blott
28-10-2002, 19:12
Don't know the answer to the virus but turn the keyboard upside down and try a warm hairdryer on it which should dry it out. You might find it takes a while but it should be OK! ;)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-10-2002, 20:19
There is a virus doing the rounds that comes into your Inbox looking like a message you have sent to an address that does not exist (you know the kind that bounce back saying mailbox not known or message undeliverable). It will ask you to open the attachement as it says that is a copy of the original message.

Be VERY CAREFUL about opeinign the attachment as it's likely to contain a virus.

We get 4-5 of these every day in the OV Inbox and they are a real pain:(.

bellaepovera
29-10-2002, 02:05
Funny that they used your email address as the supposed letter that i sent you. Which i didnt. I just dont understand. Bought a new keyboard, not as nice as the old one but...

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
29-10-2002, 02:16
Whose email address are you talking about Patti?

bellaepovera
29-10-2002, 23:31
admin@orlandovillaowners.com
this one..

Does this email exist?
I dont understand because hotmail sent it too me. How do they do this?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
29-10-2002, 23:39
We don't have anything to do with the orlandovillaowners.com website Patti - we are orlandovillas.com.