PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for 4 couples!!!

poet123
31-10-2004, 02:17
Every year before Xmas we and 3 other couples go on a trip either overnight or just for the day. It has to be in luxury and not outside the UK.[beer]
In the past we have been on the orient express to both Edinburgh and Bath, a murder mystery weekend. This year we are off to Sharrow Bay in the Lake district to stay for 1 night only in the garden rooms!!!and we are really looking forward to it. So.......Where can we go next year as we always plan well ahead, any suggestions wlcome or any reviews of Sharrow Bay???[msnsmile][msnsmile]

KJH
31-10-2004, 03:30
Not meaning to be rude, what age bracket would you put yourself in, either mentally, physically? Just to get an indication of capabilities/restrictions.[msneek]

Is there a combined interest in any one particular thing? Apart from Florida. Any pet hates?[msnwink]

Wouldn't want to suggest 18-30 rave nor Eastbourne Tea Dance if it was the wrong age sector.[msnscared]

I'm sure collectively we will come up with something,

Kaz[msnsmile2]

Nostromo
31-10-2004, 03:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJHewitt
Wouldn't want to suggest 18-30 rave nor Eastbourne Tea Dance if it was the wrong age sector.[msnscared]

Kaz[msnsmile2]

[/quote]

For all you know Kaz, the 4 couples' ages could range from a rave to a tea dance. What then? [msnwink]

KJH
31-10-2004, 04:05
Give them a pint of Baileys each and they won't mind where they are![}:)]

Kaz[msnsmile2]

linda allen
31-10-2004, 13:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by poet123
Every year before Xmas we and 3 other couples go on a trip either overnight or just for the day. It has to be in luxury and not outside the UK.[beer]
In the past we have been on the orient express to both Edinburgh and Bath, a murder mystery weekend. This year we are off to Sharrow Bay in the Lake district to stay for 1 night only in the garden rooms!!!and we are really looking forward to it. So.......Where can we go next year as we always plan well ahead, any suggestions wlcome or any reviews of Sharrow Bay???[msnsmile][msnsmile]
[/quote]

We went to Sharrow Bay last November for 1 night to celebrate our wedding anniversary and stayed in one of the garden rooms. It was beautiful and our dinner was fantastic. no complaints.
The room we had had the bedroom downstairs and a sitting room upstairs with wonderful views of Lake ulswater. It was very comfortable and luxurious. Get there as early as you can to enjoy the view and maybe have a walk to build up your appetite. House champagne is wonderful (billicart salmon) and traditional english breakfast in the dining room was really good.
Another place I would recommend is The Manoir Quat Season in Oxfordshire. We used to live about 10 minutes away and stayed there on our wedding night. Rooms again are beautiful, we didn't have dinner but had breakfast and lunch the next day and both were wonderful.
Have a great time in Sharrow Bay[clap]

Linda

poet123
31-10-2004, 14:36
We are not quite tea dance age yet!!!!! nor are we 18-30!!!
We are all just over the 40 age mark!!!! and usuallly up for a bit of fun. At least one of our number could drink a pint of Baileys and feel no after effects, but I am naming no names!!!!
Linda, we are in the Harmony room which sounds as if it may be the one you stayed in?. Thanks for the review, it sounds great, and we are reallly looking forward to it.
I will put the Manor on our suggestion list, that is Raymond le Blanc isnt it?
Keep them coming!!!!!!!!!!!!![clap][clap]

linda allen
31-10-2004, 15:15
yes, thats right. I think it was the harmony room. also the manoir is owned by Raymond Blanc. Have fun
Linda