PDA

View Full Version : First Full Floridian Day

brizzle
29-10-2004, 18:39
Not including your day of travel, what do you do on your first full day in Florida.
I normally do Epcot as it's a nice introduction to the weather, theme park life and has grown to become one of our favourite parks (kids included).

linda.s
29-10-2004, 18:59
Usually a Water park to chill out a bit for the first day, then we're off!

Magical Dreams
29-10-2004, 19:03
With out a doubt!
Magic Kingdom is ALWAYS our first Park we visit!!

Its become The Moore Family Tradition!!

[lucky][lucky][lucky][lucky][lucky]

Nostromo
29-10-2004, 19:12
Until this most recent trip, we used to go to either Splendid China or Cypress Gardens on our first full day. In fact, as Roger will probably recall, we had actually purchased SC tickets for our 2004 trip before learning that it has closed down in December.

Having said that, I think a 'start early - finish early' park like Animal Kingdom is a good choice to do on the first full day in Orlando because of the Westward jet lag effects.

brizzle
29-10-2004, 19:31
Nostromo, I like that reasoning.
If it wasn't for the fact that our first day is the last, therefore for us only, day of the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot I may well have tried that this trip.

julieanne
29-10-2004, 19:38
Has to be the two super S's for me.

Sunbathing [msncool]
and shopping [msnwink]
In fact, as you could tell by my trip report, that's what I did every day on my latest trip!!

LiesaAnna
29-10-2004, 19:56
i opted for lazing around the villa, pool, pool and more pool, then we hit walmart and find somewhere to eat, then more pool ;)

chrizzy100
29-10-2004, 20:18
I have to clean house and do the garden.......[msncry][msncry]

KJH
29-10-2004, 20:31
Ours has to be shopping,

Look round the villa and see what else I can add, then we all take a trip out to the malls to see what we have missed. If it's hot then swimming and sunbathe, then to the malls and dinner out.

Of course this time we have only to go across the road to the new Walmart on 27, as it's just a minute away from Glenbrook now.[clap][clap][clap]

29-10-2004, 21:51
I voted for other, I like to go shopping get a Srabucks and generally check out the area[msnsmile]

emm
29-10-2004, 21:55
Usually our first full day(s) would be spent sorting out little jobs that need to be done, seeing the MC and seeing the accountant etc etc. When all that is out of the way we would head off to one of the parks!

WR1
29-10-2004, 22:02
Usually Islands of Adventure & Universal Studios followed by nice meal and early to bed exhausted!!

KirstieLou
11-11-2004, 15:00
Shopping!!!!!

Sally D
11-11-2004, 23:24
I went for lazy day around villa. We go out for breakfast then off to Walmart to get supplies then its back to the villa where we stay until dinner time. We hit the parks the next day.[msnsmile]

markburwood
12-11-2004, 00:53
Lazy day around the villa for me.[msnsmile2]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-11-2004, 00:58
Magic Kingdom for us every time [msnsmile2]

mollymoo
12-11-2004, 15:41
We have a lazy day, get in supplies, and see how lost we can get[msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

When we went to Disney in 2000 we booked through the Sun, flew Virgin and stayed in a Hotel/Motel, can't remember where but when we arrived there were loads of dodgy looking characters standing outside the resturant. They looked like Drug Dealers. We wanted to get back on the plane!!!!!!!! Once we had a sleep they didn't look half so frighting[msnmad][msnmad]

Kerry-Ann

big momma
14-11-2004, 18:23
'i opted for lazing around the villa, pool, pool and more pool, then we hit walmart and find somewhere to eat, then more pool'

I have to agree with LiesaAnna just need a day to get my bearings- check out the pool and find a good food store and then I'm sorted to face the best of what Florida has to offer!

caroline
14-11-2004, 18:48
Laxy day at the villa would be my first choice, however we've had guests in our villa for our first couple of nights of our last 3 trips so we've stayed in a hotel for the first 2 nights, so we went to Universal/IOA :)

Phil and Mel
12-01-2005, 11:58
I voted for a lazy day by the pool! Just to make sure the energy reserves are full for the assault on the parks!! [msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
12-01-2005, 12:19
Just another god reason to book a villa Kerry Ann![msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mollymoo
We have a lazy day, get in supplies, and see how lost we can get[msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

When we went to Disney in 2000 we booked through the Sun, flew Virgin and stayed in a Hotel/Motel, can't remember where but when we arrived there were loads of dodgy looking characters standing outside the resturant. They looked like Drug Dealers. We wanted to get back on the plane!!!!!!!! Once we had a sleep they didn't look half so frighting[msnmad][msnmad]

Kerry-Ann
[/quote]

Cruella DeVilla
12-01-2005, 13:35
We have an admin day, unpack, grab some groceries and chill, have an early night and the jet lag has gone by next morning and we are ready to rock and roll!

Ray&Sarah
12-01-2005, 22:13
Mostly laze around the villa and chill out.[msnsmile2]

benfilo
13-01-2005, 01:29
normally Sea World , we don't have to be ther too early give us time to shop for food