PDA

View Full Version : Indian Wells

suzie20
28-10-2004, 20:06
Hi guys,

I'm planning to go to Orlando next July/August. After trawling through pages and pages of villas I've finally found one that I love the look of (and the price of :D ) in Indian Wells.

Has anyone else stayed here? Also, we're going to pay quite a bit more to have a private pool. Is it worth doing this or is the reality that when you get to Florida you don't really spend much time in your villa?

Thanks in advance [msnsmile]

KJH
28-10-2004, 21:41
Most of the villas come with pools and a lot have spas as well. It's lovely to sit in the spa after a day at the park. I can't imagine not having a pool in Florida.

You would normally only pay extra to have the pool heated from Oct-March. You don't pay extra to have a private pool.[confused]

We loved ours with a nice drink by the side.[beer] Sorry haven't stayed at Indian Wells, only Glenbrook.

Kaz

wilfy
28-10-2004, 21:57
We stayed in Indian Wells several years ago in a very nice 3 bed villa. One of the reasons we booked a villa was for our own Private pool. The kids could lark about without getting in anybodies way. Also leaving the theme parks mid-afternoon, go for a swim in your pool. Then out for a bite to eat before returning to the park's.

One thing we really liked and i'm sure that other people may disagree, it's THE closest community to Disney and within spitting distance of the bottom of international drive for access to Sea World, Discovery Cove, Premium Outlet Malls etc etc etc.

wend
29-10-2004, 01:32
Hi, I agree Indian Wells is an ideal location for journey times to the Orlando theme parks. We passed Indian Wells by taking a wrong turn - as you do - on the way back from Sea World (about a 12 or so minutes drive) to our own villa at Eagle Pointe. I think Indian Wells is an 'older' community and at the time we passed hadn't weathered the storm too well.

I don't see why you seem to be paying quite a bit more to have a pool as most villas are pool homes and all at very reasonable rates. We find having a pool home essential. After a tiring day at the park, with the kids in bed, there is no better way to spend the evening than by the pool with a glass of wine.

Enjoy your trip - when are you visiting?

Wend

wend
29-10-2004, 01:33
sorry, you did say, July/August. Oh pool definitely essential and will be lovely in the evening.

Wend

suzie20
29-10-2004, 03:33
Thanks for all the advice, I really like the sound of it, just hope the villa I've found is available now :)

With regards to paying more to get a pool, this is only because we're a small group (4) and there are some well priced 2 bed condos that we were originally looking at. It's not a massive amount more for a villa with a pool but I just wanted to be sure that we'd actually have time to use it- I've never been to Florida before so have no idea what to expect. You guys have definately sold me on the pool though [beer]

I don't know what I would've done without all the info on this site- it's the fountain of all Florida knowledge!:D

heathercobbett
29-10-2004, 12:08
It is bliss to get up in the morning and have a swim in your own pool and take breakfast out on the deck.Also if you have young children it is far less intimidating than a public pool and their swimming really comes on.We have had lots of children learn to swim in our pool.
Also,at that time of year it is best to hit the parks before they open,go back to your villa for the afternoon and then return to the parks late afternoon for the evening.
During the afternoon,you can have a swim,a snooze and enjoy all the facilities of your villa.That way you miss the full heat of the day and avoid the longest queues.
Your villa owner will be able to give you lots of tips that will make your holiday more enjoyable.
Have a good time