PDA

View Full Version : memory book

MsRuthieB
27-10-2002, 20:06
A friend told me about a villa her family had rented in Colorado. She said the most helpful item she found was a memory book. Basically, it's a journal used by the guests who stayed at the villa to write about anything from good places to eat at, specialty shops, what they like in particular about their experience in the villa, etc. I thought I'd share it with the Villa owners here. It sounds like something I could sure use when visiting Florida for the first time. I hope the villa I rent has one [:I]

blott
27-10-2002, 22:27
Hi Ruthie

I think you'll find that most home owners have a similar system but not necessarily in a book at their home, although a lot do have a guestbook.

Some home owners will send lots of local info out to you with your drive directions and some, like myself, have info available online for you to choose whether you want to print it out and take it with you. In most cases, you'll probably be overwhelmed with the amount of info you receive!

Every home owner wants guests to enjoy their vacation at their home and will do everything possible to make sure that you have all the local info you need to do just that.

Precious
28-10-2002, 11:51
I keep one of the "lets go" type of books on Orlando and the surrounding area avialble for my guests. I also provided many leaflets which I pickup at the varios Malls.

imported_n/a
31-10-2002, 20:41
I compiled a Vacation Reference Guide which I keep in our home for our guests' use. It lists maps, phone numbers and location (some email addresses) of all major theme parks, water parks, shopping and malls, golf courses, some favorite restaurants, and emergency phone numbers for guests. Each is in a plastic page protector so they may use the maps for their day's journey and replace them unharmed for the next guests to use. I also leave spare coupons for our guests so if they decide to have a pizza delivered, they can use that $2 savings to do something else the next day. Every little bit helps. And we also have a guest book in our home and love reading the wonderful compliments our guests leave behind. I'm also starting a photo album this fall. Any guest who would like to leave a picture from their trip in our "Extended Family Album" can do so. We don't consider our guests just customers, they are our Extended Family.

FL Vacation ;)

http://hometown.aol.com/vacation7727/myhomepage/business.html

fiona
31-10-2002, 23:17
I have a villa guide of my own (not the one the MC leaves!) which offers advice on the parks, good restaurants, shopping etc. We also have a guest book and I have to say it's the first thing I look for once I arrive and have checked the villa is still in one piece! People have said the nicest things, as well as offering suggestions for food and shopping.

I hadn't though of leaving a photo album, but I think after reading your posting Kathy I might! Mind you I am in trouble for using pictures of my daughters in our marketing, so they might not like it if I put more in (very self concious these teenagers!).