PDA

View Full Version : Golf Clubs

Lynne S
27-10-2004, 23:45
One for the Golfer's out there,[msnwink]

Where can my husband buy a new set of irons ??????

We go out in December to close on our villa, and he thinks I get the villa he can have new clubs [msnwink]

Iain Watt
28-10-2004, 00:47
Have a look at Sports Authority.

Its on the 192 beside Home Depot and Target, which are both East of Walmart and Medieval Times.

We got a couple of full sets there for equivalent of £125 each a couple of weeks ago (we went for the budget / special range but they seem pretty good!)

Iain

David
28-10-2004, 00:50
I would recommend Edwin Watts. They have an outlet store just off International Drive where the sell off last years models at significantly reduced prices.
David

emm
28-10-2004, 01:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by David
I would recommend Edwin Watts. They have an outlet store just off International Drive where the sell off last years models at significantly reduced prices.
David
[/quote]

All the Edwin Watts stores seem to have good deals going on most of the time I think.

Magical Dreams
28-10-2004, 13:53
Not a golfer (yet) myself!

But there has been some good deals on the Price-drop & Bid-up-tv channels according to the other half.

Full sets going for around £75 with Bag and other bits and pieces!!

Probably not your choice, but if it is to leave for the guests use, may be good enough!

SteveW
28-10-2004, 17:56
Lynne

Just beware that customs will collect VAT on arrival if they spot you. The safest way to bring them back is in a golf bag, with grass stains on the irons, and the usual accessories in the bag !

I got stung for £75 about three years ago ! Mine were in a nice brown cardboard box !!! [msnmad][msnmad]

Magical Dreams
28-10-2004, 22:24
£75 was a bit steep!

What did you pay for them??

Was it VAT and Duty??

gromit
28-10-2004, 23:51
Your are entitled to £145 per person in goods to bring back into the UK but you can not pool together for a single item. So if you can get a good set of clubs for this amount you won't have to worry about any duty!!! I'm not a golfer, but Wal-Mart and Target had several sets of clubs and there seemed to be lots of people buying them so maybe worth a look.

For what it is worth excess is VAT & Duty and is about 21%.

foxfirelane
29-10-2004, 18:19
Ebay is always worth a look, and some good value stuff comes up there. Also, you could order over the internet in the US before you go and get the clubs delivered to your Florida house.

If he is a keen golfer, I find it is definitely worthwhile keeping a set out there and avoiding lugging them backwards and forwards.

At our house (in Naples), we often get guests who make use of the golf clubs we provide with the villa.

amy
29-10-2004, 18:50
With the £145 duty limit,(that has not been updated since Adam was a lad and £145 was a lot of money) you will be lucky to get a decent driver for this.

The customs at Manchester appear from nowhere when they see a shiney golf club, the other year I got a 7 wood and had to carry it home as I had not taken my clubs on that trip as I was approaching the green channel, he pouced.

Much to his disapointment and my ammusement he went back into hiding when I showed him the $80 receipt, as it was an end of line club.:D

Magical Dreams
29-10-2004, 18:58
That must be one to the Traveller Paul?

That does not happen very often!!

[clap][beer][clap][beer][clap]

Matt
30-10-2004, 15:14
OutDoor World (I think thats what its called) down by Belz has a good selection of clubs. Not sure on the prices though I had a look around but with no intention of buying so didn't check the prices out.

However, it is a huge store and will probably hold anything you need for the experienced golfer[:P]

Matt

Lynne S
30-10-2004, 17:16
Thanks everyone for all your idea's [msnsmile2]

I'm sure Des will spend many happy hours looking and trying out the golf clubs when we go over. Then go back to the first set he saw !!!!!!!! And they call women for shopping[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

TINAPETERS
31-10-2004, 00:27
Great, we will need to buy a new set also

finishrich
31-10-2004, 15:12
Definately Edwin Watts. That's my DH first port of call on any holiday to Orlando!