PDA

View Full Version : day 4 to remember for tyson !

tyson1212
27-10-2004, 20:18
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tyson1212/2004102716445_buildingdown.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tyson1212/200410271659_stormpic.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tyson1212/2004102716534_kidahh.jpg

as i awoke on the sunday morning i lay there and it sounded like i was out at sea, you could hear the gusts blowing past the enclave suites, as i opened my curtains i was amazed to see the hotel accross from us had lost the outside of the top half of the building as picture 1 shows.
slowly but surely each member of the family got up and just looked outside in amazement.
then a rep from the hotel came and seen us and asked us to keep the kids away from the windows in case one blew in.
we had got food in the day before so we would be ok.
at about midday me and my dad went downstairs and asked security if we could go to the main building as we had heard the pizza parlour was open, they said we could at our own risk. so off we went.
it was an amazing feeling to witness the force of nature first hand.
while we where in the pizza parlour a gust came along and took off the outside roof and it landed in the pool. they then shut down the pizza area but we had just got our pizzas in time.
after dinner the electric went off, everybody was now totally board, we are in the most exciting resort in the world and bored !
one by one the kids went to sleep happy that they wheresafe with dad looking after them, as picture 3 shows. i went and lay on the bed and left the radio on so when power was restored it would come on, which it did at about 5.00pm. it gave a quick report on the state of orlando and then went off with the parting phrase "stay safe and may god be with you all"
i thought s--t i am only on my hols.
during the day two lamposts where blew out of the ground and a number of trees uproooted, also some local flooding. then the hotel said the police had issued a mandatory curfew so we ahd no option but to drink the rest of the bud and go to bed.
would this storm br gone for the morning well we where all in for a suprise.

brizzle
27-10-2004, 20:56
I know a hurricane must be scary and the devastation caused horrible but you have to be in awe by the sheer force of nature.
It must have been an experience but not as much as trying to keep 6 kids occupied!!!!

Little one looks really cute...asleep at least :)

Brizzle

LiesaAnna
27-10-2004, 21:06
wow!!!!!!!! what a fright!!!!!!!!!
hope things get better!!!!!![msneek]

Jill
27-10-2004, 22:31
A very interesting report. I do not envy you trying to keep all the children calm whilst the storm went through, although we can see from the gorgeous picture of the 2 sleeping beauties that you managed perfectly well. Am looking forward to tomorrows epsiode.

Nostromo
27-10-2004, 23:47
Wow! Imagine being told that you could go to the in house Pizza Parlour at 'your own risk' while on a holiday! Your hotel picture could just as easily have been from Baghdad instead of Orlando! I can imagine the cost of repairing the damage running into billions.[:O]

ellie
28-10-2004, 00:01
What an incredible experience, Tyson, and don't the children just look like angels. Always think they look at their best when asleep. What wonderful memories you will have to share in the future.

That hotel in your photo has had a long and sad history as it was never finished. Its twin, once also pink, had been a rather run-down hotel. It had sustained considerable damage after Jeanne, Tyson, so it must have really come in for a beating by the time number 4 hurricane came along. It has been empty for simply ages - the identical tower to the left, now painted blue and gold, has been revamped as a vacation club, or timeshare!

Wonder if they will ever reconstruct it - it really looks so sad now?

Look forward to the next installment - and hope you will reveal the famous person soon - or are you going to leave us on tenterhooks????:)[msnsad] Its is on a very valuable site, though, overlooking the lake behind Wet and Wild, so imagine that in time it will, too, become a time share.

amy
28-10-2004, 01:02
Glad you and the family got though it safely......luck you had the bud in store:D

wiljohn
28-10-2004, 22:24
Phew!It was obviously an anxious time,all that waiting for it to arrive,and then just when you thought the worst was about to happen, hey presto your pizza's arrived, that sure was a close call.[laugh][msnwink][msntongue]

finishrich
29-10-2004, 06:06
We passed that pink hotel a few times, I just thought they were in the middle of building it. We were lucky and had power through out, Spend most of the day in bed, playing games and watching the Disney Movies, in between the news reports. My DH now refers to it as a "Disney Day"

eagleydo
05-11-2004, 00:04
Tyson, its been over a week since this report, patiently waiting fo next part. We were there at exactly the same time and it has been good to read about the hurricane from a different perspective. Nearly have a family as large as ours, we have six, five boys one girl.

LiesaAnna
05-11-2004, 02:14
yeh been wondering where hes got to!!!!!!!!!!;)