PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for 18 men

MaggieAllan
27-10-2004, 20:00
Right , here goes, venturing ever so slightly off topic..

Suggestions please for my hubbys darts and dominoes annual weekend away. Just to give you the background, they are aged between 18 and 70..average aroung 45. Every April/May they have a few days away and have always stayed in the UK...e.g. York, Lancaster.

Anyway, they have now decided after all these years to venture into Europe i.e. a short haul flight. Hubby has suggested that as I spend so much time on the internet, I can find them something:(

I am watching the cheap flight sites as they usually start to sell Summer flights from now into November, and I've a few ideas in my head for places,but would welcome suggestions please.

Please note one of the party finds it difficult walking so hilly places or hotels up hills are out. Also, we are in the Manchester area, flights from Man or L/pool would suit, and because they going abroad, bless em, they would prefer to be beside the sea[msncool]

(If this post goes well, I might venture further into off topic land[msnwink] I'm very surprised that John boy hasn't.)

Nostromo
27-10-2004, 20:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan

(If this post goes well, I might venture further into off topic land[msnwink] I'm very surprised that John boy hasn't.)

[/quote]

With the Presidential Elections drawing so close, I think JB could be otherwise busy. [msnwink][msnwink]

andrewmckay5
27-10-2004, 20:07
Eurostar to Brussels if they are within striking distance of Waterloo.
Only about £50 return.
Loads of bars and restaurants and quite compact.
andrew

MTP
27-10-2004, 20:09
We have just booked with Ryanair to go to Milan in May from Glasgow Prestwick for a long weekend to attend a huge optical fair, £112 return including taxes for four of us (the seat prices were £8.98+taxes return each!). In thinking what to do in Milan while we are there (in case we have any time not involving work[msnwink]) I noticed that Maranello isn't too far away. A group of 18 men may well like to visit there.

brizzle
27-10-2004, 20:25
Prague, Dublin, Barcelona are three I would suggest.
I know Easyjet have routes to these Prague/Barcelona and Ryanair do Dublin from Bristol so should be available elsewhere.

Dublin was a great place and I really enjoyed it, not too cheap once there though. Not done Prague but people who have been love it and it's cheap once you're there.

Brizzle.

Nostromo
27-10-2004, 20:50
Check out with Guardian Unlimited. They come up with some really 'different' vacation ideas for all sorts of individuals and groups.

MaggieAllan
27-10-2004, 21:49
Thanks for the suggestions so far folks...I knew you wouldn't let me down.:)

I have edited my original post with more info...which doesn't mean the suggestions so far are not relevant,far from it, and anyway, lots of others could find the info invaluable just like all the other topics.

Maggie

brizzle
27-10-2004, 22:14
Easyjet flys to Palma-Majorca, Nice or Alicante from Liverpool airport. All coast destinations.

MTP
28-10-2004, 00:18
Nice sounds quite nice!!

I may be going there for a meeting in January, only problem with flying is that I can't fill up the car with cheap plonk - how much do you think we could get in the boot of an Easyjet plane?[msnsmile2]

KJH
28-10-2004, 00:30
Talking of men on tour, Our rugby team have been to Cork, Dublin, Prague,Portugal, Belfast for the European destinations. They had a brilliant time everywhere they went.:D

Kaz

poet123
31-10-2004, 01:08
Maggie,
Easyjet have just released flights from Liverpool to Palma and in April they are good prices, and it is y the sea.... bless.
Now where are the girls off to???????????

MaggieAllan
01-11-2004, 00:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by poet123
Maggie,
Easyjet have just released flights from Liverpool to Palma and in April they are good prices, and it is y the sea.... bless.
Now where are the girls off to???????????
[/quote]

Thanks I've seen the Easyjet flights ..I'm on email alert for them and every other airline going!!! the problem is that they want to go on the bank hol weekend at the end of April....prices not so cheap....typical fellas..don't think things through...the cheapest I can find them for flight & hotel for 4 nights is £150...they were hoping for less (cheapskates)

With regard to where the girls go.....when the men went to York , we went to New York...I think we won hands down. And we rubbed it in when we got back about the upgrade to first class we got!!! We've been going abroad for years . We like Palma as it's not too long a flight, and such a beautiful city and harbour. There aren't 18 of us..usually three... so it's not as difficult to organise.

brizzle
01-11-2004, 11:42
Seems a good price for 4 nights accommodation and flight.
Remember the Easyjet prices (in fact most airlines now) will always go up not down so if they want it, jump in now.

Brizzle.

linda.s
01-11-2004, 13:05
£150 sounds like a very good price to me for 4 nights and flight! I paid that for 2 nights and Eurostar to Paris! Go for it if I were you, then plan your trip!

MaggieAllan
01-11-2004, 14:02
We have done the same trip for £80 in the past so they think they can???? But, there were 3 of us on a normal weekend...getting the same for 18 on a bank holiday weekend is impossible....but try telling them that. They'll end up back in Lancaster or York ( even though it will cost them over £100 accom only plus paying for transport)

I'm leaving it up to them now....they're big boys

Thanks fopr all the suggestions folks.:)