PDA

View Full Version : Forum Position

MTP
27-10-2004, 16:11
Hi,

I was just wondering why the Buying a Florida Villa forum is in the area restricted to Villa Owners? As many non-owners are thinking of buying a villa (like ourselves), but we obviously can't access this forum for the advice that it contains.

Many thanks,

MTP

Nostromo
27-10-2004, 17:02
I am sure the forum administrators and Villa owners have their reasons for that arrangement. After all, the rest of us are potential customers and our future choice of a community or specific villa might be unfairly influenced by reading discussions between the owners themselves. If I owned a villa, I would want it that way too.

But there is a forum for 'General Moving to Florida Questions' which all of us can access. :)

MTP
27-10-2004, 17:39
Hi Nostromo,

I can well appreciate why there are restricted areas for villa owners (and then further restricted areas for owners that advertise on this site) and in no way am I arguing with or questioning the reasoning of this. But to become a villa owner you have to fist buy a villa and therefore it would seem sensible that the buying a villa forum was more openly viewable (there could still be some restrictions eg you have to first ask the powers-that-be and they can tell from your history on the forums if it is correct or not for you to have access or you must have made a minimum quota of posts).

Admittedly there may be things in there that more relate to the post-buying/villa-owning experience rather than to the first-time buying experience and are appropriate to post there (eg immediate problems after closing) and so relate more to villa owners rather than villa buyers. I realise that there are villa owners who go on to buy subsequent villas, therefore it makes sense for them to have access. But what about some help for the villa buying virgins out there?

If you are just buying a villa for holiday purposes then the General Moving to Florida forum doesn't seem right, and any question could always be posted in the Ask the Experts forum, but I feel you also gain a lot of knowledge from reading others threads and questions.

Cheers,

MTP

Ruth
27-10-2004, 18:08
Youi can ask for access to the General Villa Owners area if you are thinking of buying I think MTP. Just DM John and ask if you can have access.

MTP
27-10-2004, 18:54
Thanks Ruth, that was what I was wondering.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-10-2004, 18:56
Absolutely.

We do not want the guest areas diluted by owner type talk as the forums are primarily to promote vacationing in villas in Florida and also for people to plan their Florida vacations with the help of experts.

As Ruth rightly says, if you are thinking of buying a villa you only need to ask for access to that area. Do it by email to info@orlandovillas.com with your forum username, realname and any supporting information.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
Youi can ask for access to the General Villa Owners area if you are thinking of buying I think MTP. Just DM John and ask if you can have access.
[/quote]

MTP
28-10-2004, 00:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
Absolutely.

We do not want the guest areas diluted by owner type talk as the forums are primarily to promote vacationing in villas in Florida and also for people to plan their Florida vacations with the help of experts.

As Ruth rightly says, if you are thinking of buying a villa you only need to ask for access to that area. Do it by email to info@orlandovillas.com with your forum username, realname and any supporting information.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks John,

I will do this shortly,

MTP