PDA

View Full Version : How far off can one go?

Nostromo
27-10-2004, 13:55
Since this new forum is supposed to be 'off topic' I wondered if this includes posts unrelated to Florida eg a trip to Siberia. Or, does there have to be a Florida connection?

parrot 2
27-10-2004, 13:59
Not 100 % sure but i think this is where we can talk about anything , even Siberia :D

Magical Dreams
27-10-2004, 16:32
I'm sure you can think of some way of bringing Florida into it if need be!

[grouphug]

Nostromo
27-10-2004, 16:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pontelad
I'm sure you can think of some way of bringing Florida into it if need be!

[grouphug]
[/quote]

I'll try. The farthest south I'll get next year will be Myrtle Beach, and that's not all that far from Florida!

MTP
27-10-2004, 17:42
If you are travelling all the way to Siberia it would seem daft not to continue on to Florida as you must be over half way there.[msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
27-10-2004, 18:17
I would think off topic is anything off topic....so holidaying somewhere else would be off topic.....so it would be OK.....and interesting......[msnsmile2]

Nostromo
27-10-2004, 18:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MTP
If you are travelling all the way to Siberia it would seem daft not to continue on to Florida as you must be over half way there.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Actually, this Siberia trip is not a joke. There really is something called 'Siberian Winter Splendour' which I am planning for January 2006. You fly to Moscow, stay for a couple of nights that includes watching the Bolshoi Ballet; then take the Trans-Siberian express as far east as Lake Lagoda. You actually get to walk across the frozen lake and observe how the local fauna (I cannot imagine that there will be much 'flora' at -40*C) and people live. Sounds interesting to say the least.

PS: It might be dangerous to continue to Florida immediatly afterwards, tempting though it is. Any frozen bits might snap off in the sudden warmth! :D:D

MTP
27-10-2004, 19:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
[/quote]

PS: It might be dangerous to continue to Florida immediatly afterwards, tempting though it is. Any frozen bits might snap off in the sudden warmth! :D:D
[/quote]

[msnembarrased][msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

Always fancied the Trans-siberian Railway journey. We have done coast-to-coast with Amtrak and Krakow to the Hell Peninsula in Poland.

chrizzy100
27-10-2004, 19:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
[/quote]

[/quote]

[msnembarrased][msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

Always fancied the Trans-siberian Railway journey. We have done coast-to-coast with Amtrak and Krakow to the Hell Peninsula in Poland.
[/quote]

I love train journeys of any kind.......we missed doing one in FL because it lost its A/C........so we'll do it next visit......

Nostromo
27-10-2004, 19:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100

[i]
I love train journeys of any kind.......

Me too. There are two that I want to do above all others. One is the Winnipeg to Vancouver one over the Canadian Rockies, often described as the "most scenic train journey in the World"; the other is the Trans-Siberian.

chrizzy100
27-10-2004, 20:07
We nearly lived in Winnipeg......a very nice place.......

We did a road trip that took in Vancouver......we stayed in some beauiful hotels alone the way.....and some really bad little motels......it was great fun......