PDA

View Full Version : Enclave Suites

millie
27-10-2004, 03:57
Noticed a few people have stayed there recently and we have friends going in June and have not heard much about it? Any feedback for them?

Jill
27-10-2004, 14:38
I think Tyson was going to stay in the Enclave Suites, if so he can probably give you some helpful information.

amy
27-10-2004, 15:45
They are not a patch on a private owned pool home, for comfort or value for money.[msnwink]

Nostromo
27-10-2004, 16:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by amy
They are not a patch on a private owned pool home, for comfort or value for money.[msnwink]
[/quote]

I think in Tyson's case, he had to make do with what he could get at short notice after all that hurricane induced disruption of his holiday. Considering the circumstances, looks like it went well after all.:)

orlandodaze
26-01-2005, 04:29
Have stayed in the Enclave suites before, three blocks of apartments with a two outdoor pools and one indoor pool (indoor pool was open 24hours). Block two appeared newer than the other two buildings.

Accomodation was certainly adequate for us at the time (one double room, one twin and a living room with small kitchen) living room had a pull out sofa, there was a small balcony with a lovely lake view looking on to Wet & Wild. There was only one tv though. There was also a coin laundry room on each floor.

A free breakfast was provided (you could collect it from reception) muffins, fruit, orange juice and coffee, more than adequate for us. The location is ideal, just off International Drive, with a TGI Fridays across the road and I think a Chilis(?) also.

Although after staying in villas it would be hard to go back to staying in a complex like this as you have so much more room and freedom in a villa.

chrizzy100
26-01-2005, 05:34
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by millie
Noticed a few people have stayed there recently and we have friends going in June and have not heard much about it? Any feedback for them?
[/quote]

I've had family stay there and go back a few times.....they used it last year and I hear they had a good time......

laudan
06-02-2005, 23:24
Staying at the Enclave suites in May. Friends stayed there last year and said they were fine. I have read some poor reports on other forums recently, any up to date information please. All I am looking for realy is basic, clean accomodation.

dogwalker
10-02-2005, 14:59
We are staying at the Enclave Suites in March. Will report back when we return.
Like you we have seen some bad reports lately but to look on the bright side, considering the number of suites they have, there will always be someone who is not satisfied. We are just hoping for the best. [8D]

poohbear
10-02-2005, 16:07
i know this site is full of villa owner and they may not agree with me.but it does not matter that you are not staying in a villa (even thought they are all lovely) orlando has so much going on you will be out most of the time anyway. so dont worry and look forward to enjoying your holiday!!!!!!
we went three times and stayed in the same hotel (until we discovered villas) five of us all in one room but we enjoyed being in orlando and it did not matter one little bit we were cramped as long as we were there.its fantastic where ever you stay...(and yes we stayed on international drive and loved it.) guess it helps no being to picky as well.

Lesley and John
10-02-2005, 16:42
We stayed their twice a few years ago. It was perfectly adequate but the decor was begining to get a little tired. The indoor pool was very busy at times as was the outdoor pools. One time it was full of spring breakers, so got a little noisey at night. But agree with others, a villa is better (more privicy, more space etc) and more cost effective

John

laudan
10-02-2005, 16:56
Will look forward the the dogwalkers report in March. We are not expecting 5* just decent, clean accomodation. We will be going with an open mind and if its not to an exceptable standard we will complain.

dogwalker
27-03-2005, 15:14
Well, here we are back from our 2 weeks at the Enclave Suites.
Having read some of the poor reports on this hotel my wife & I breathed a sigh of relief when we opened our apartment door.
We had a studio apartment (basically a room with a small kitchen) and for us it was ideal. The apartment was spotlessly clean and maintained that way by the maids. Used towels & bath mat were replaced daily and bed linen every 3 days. (TIP - leave one. We left $2 on the table when we went out each day).
The kitchen is very basic, fridge - microwave - coffee percolator - blender - a small grill/toaster - a 2 ring hob - and of course - a dishwasher. The kettle takes ages to boil on the hob - it's worth taking a travel kettle for your morning cuppa (don't forget an adapter).
The TV is connected to a network which provides some TV channels free, also films, nintendo and internet are available at a price.
The only faulty item was the air conditioner switch would not work, we reported it on our way to breakfast and when we returned an hour later it had been fixed.
We were in block 3 which is the one nearest I-drive and unfortunately next to the go-cart track which is a little noisy to say the least. It's OK with the windows shut but if you want to sit on your balcony it's a little intrusive. They shut down around 11.30 pm.
There was very little noise in the hotel although we noticed some rooms were close to the lifts and main doors which I would think may be a bit noisy.
The free breakfast you colect and take to your room is nothing more than 2 tiny cartons of OJ, 2 muffins, an apple and an orange (for 2 people). We bought some Cornflakes to supplement it on the odd days we had breakfast there (there's a supermarket across the road). You can upgrade it to a buffet style breakfast for $3.99 each which is OK apart from plastic plates & cutlery (I hate plastic cutlery).
We would be happy to stay there again but if we were in block 3 I would ask for a room at the back overlooking the lake away from the go-carts. All that I-drive has to offer is only a few minutes walk away, I felt safer walking there at night than I do in my own town. I-drive does carry a lot of traffic at times but you can use Universal Boulevard which runs parallel to I-drive and crosses Carrier Drive which is where the Enclave Suites are located. You can join it from I-drive or the Beeline.
I hope this puts your mind at rest, but do bear in mind this is only our experience and we did not hear of any complaints while we were there. If you are not happy - complain.

laudan
27-03-2005, 16:50
Have been waiting patiently for your report.
Great report, just what we wanted to hear, as long as its clean we will be fine. We have just paid our balance as we head off in May and you have put our minds at rest. If its not clean we will complain as we know there are decent rooms available. Looking forward to it now. Hope you had a great time. [sporty]

laudan
07-05-2005, 02:34
ANYONE BEEN RECENTLY