PDA

View Full Version : our perfect dream part two

anna maria freak
26-10-2004, 03:43
September 25th 2004

Up early,Magic Kingdom would be the order of the day. Doorbell bell rang it was Alison Carla's mc checking that all was well and advising us that hurricane Jeanne was on its way. Scheduled to arrive the early hours of Sunday morning. NO way was she going to dampen our spirits Magic KIngdom here we come!! We had a lump in our throats as we walked up main street and watched our little grandson Ross take in all the sights and run to hug all the characters he met in his path. Money can't buy that.
Done everything possible but found it difficult to get Ross to leave any puddles of water he found as he had as good a time jumping in and out of puddles as he did doing the rides { obviously doesn't understand the cost involved)
Intended to make a day of it and include the night parade and fireworks but Jeanne was on her way so Magic Kingdom was closing at seven pm. We decided to take in a character meal at Liberty Bell---Bad idea meal was horrible the only thing that saved the day was the delight on Ross's face as he hugged kissed and tried to share his dinner with the characters when they appeared every few minutes.

We left Magic Kingdom at 5.30 pm and headed back to the villa. Paul headed down to Publix at Champions Gate to get the only thing we had forgotten Coffee! Only to discover that Publix closed at 3pm the only place still opened was the liquor store, so he arrived home with Pina coladas mud slides and beer and announced that we would have a hurricane party instead of coffee.

We hunkered down and awaited the imminent arrival of Jeanne (actually we went to bed and slept right through) I guess we missed the worst of Jeanne )when we awoke at 6am minus the electicity,outside looked like a bad day back home (remember we are from Northern Ireland). When daylight broke the lake looked like it was bouncing and the wind and rain was beating of the windows and doors. We were cocooned in Carla's villa and were oblivious to the noise outside until Paul went out to close the pool screen door which had blown open that we heard the roar of Jeanne which can only be described as a freight train thundering towards you. Spent the rest of the day playing board games eating salad and fruit and enjoying the comforts of the villa.

On Monday morning still no electricity but enough hot water for us All to shower (well Paul always liked a cold shower) Headed up I drive and Ihop for breakfast which we enjoyed. Then up to the Beltz for a bit of retail therapy unfortunately not all shops were opened until 12 noon. Outdoor world was our next stop where Paul spent a fortune on fishing tackle (which he knew he would have to leave behind too heavy to take home he does it every year). Then on to Point Orlando which is not the same without the toy shop but managed to spend quite a few dollars before heading to L B V outlet mall. We bought loads of goodies there and were constantly reminded by Paul that our cases were already overweight when we flew out and that we would never get it all home (ignored him as usual). Lots of sore feet later we headed to Chillis for dinner to sample the wings, we had eaten there before but unfortunately we were disappointed as the meal was not great loads of food but poor quality. Back to the villa electricity still off.

Tired now will upload pictures in part three.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/anna maria freak/20041027192853_IMG_2016.JPG

This is the lake at Thousand Oaks towards the end of Jeanne

Our grandson Ross

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/anna maria freak/20041027193457_IMG_1970.JPG

Hope these work, fingers crossed

Lorraine

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/anna maria freak/20041027193512_IMG_1998.JPG

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/anna maria freak/20041027193526_IMG_2007_2.JPG

LiesaAnna
26-10-2004, 11:58
thats lovely, keep em coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Jill
26-10-2004, 12:09
I am glad to see you got you priorities correct in the end and had a hurricane party instead of a hurricane coffee morning! It is lovely to read the trip reports and I am looking forward to the next section.

linda allen
26-10-2004, 12:15
Looking forward to the next instalment.
What a shame about Chilis, its usually very good and one of our favourite restaurants.
Linda

Nostromo
26-10-2004, 12:53
Great report AMF. It was really sporting of you lot to have coped smilingly with the loss of electricity and shortage of water in Jeanne's wake. Me, I'd have freaked out!

Big Mack
27-10-2004, 20:16
Great report AMF[msnwink]

We were there at the same time and it brought it all back to me.

Coming from Scotland I know exactly what you mean about the Sunday being just like a bad day back home. [msnwink]

We were lucky enough to get our power back on around miday on the Monday. I hope you guys did not have to wait too long.

Mack

eagleydo
27-10-2004, 21:40
We were there at the same time but appear to have been unluckier than most, with electricity that is. Our electricity went out a 8.20am and was out for 4 days. Had to throw all the food away in freezer and fridge.

MTP
28-10-2004, 00:37
Great report and lovely photos.

I am sorry that the meals weren't so good - Chillis and Liberty Tree Tavern are usually firm favourites on our trips and we have generally had good meals there. Perhaps the hurricane had an effect on the restaurants?

Nostromo
28-10-2004, 00:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MTP

I am sorry that the meals weren't so good - Chillis and Liberty Tree Tavern are usually firm favourites on our trips and we have generally had good meals there. Perhaps the hurricane had an effect on the restaurants?
[/quote]

I agree that Liberty Tree Tavern is usually very good, one of the best in MK in fact. MTP, you may be right about the hurricanes - the bad weather probably affected the food, the chefs and the customers.

anna maria freak
28-10-2004, 03:26
MTP- Nostromo,

Hope you are both right as Chillis is also one of our favourites,and we will certainly be back.

Lorraine
:)