PDA

View Full Version : tyson part 2: the magic is back !

tyson1212
26-10-2004, 01:40
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tyson1212/20041025211925_tyson2.jpg
this is me with the kids outside the magic kingdom !
when we arrived at the enclave suites on international drive i explained to them that we would be spending 2 days in a villa on lake bearkley, which is when they said i had better read the bulliten on the reception desk,.-hurracaine incoming on sat evening-, i could not believe it-jenne was on her way out to sea 12 hours ago. we put the cases in the rooms and i put on the weather channel and all my worst fears where relised, i had not escaped jenne, it was as though she had waited for me. i was so determained she would not spoil or get to my family and assured them all that it would be o.k.and with that we drove to lake bearkley.
as i woke up on day 2 in what i must say was a first-class villa on lake bearkley the sun was beaming through the window and it was only 8.00am, the children had there breakfast and we all set out down the 192 (i must admit i was very dissapointed with the state of the 192, it was very tacky looking)to the magic kingdom, as we entered the park the old magic feeling came rushing back to us all. if they could bottle that feeling disney would make more money than they do now. as we walked down main street i was filled with a feeling of pride that i had brought my family to this world again,(all those rainy mornings in widnes at 05.00am on my way to work all seemed worth it).

we did all the rides that we could fit in and then went off for dinner at cinderellas castle, if you have not done this you are missing out, it is superb. i had the best steak and mashed potato i have ever had in orlando and come to think of it anywhere.

after dinner we continued with as many rides as was possible but in the back of my mind was this force of nature that was on her way in.

we had a superb day in the kingdom and then headed off to chucky cheeses for the kids on international drive and then onto uno`s which was again first class.

the night was ended with a few beers on the balcony and then a tour around the kids as they slept with a message that nothing and i mean nothing was going to spoil there`s and my dreams for the next 2 weeks.

Jill
26-10-2004, 02:56
I like your picture Tyson it is a great shot of the little ones. We have not had a meal at cinderellas castle but will definitely add it to our list of places to try next year.

It must have been a strange feeling after all you went through to find you were in Florida at last and now in the direct path of another hurricane. We are looking forward to hearing more sections of your trip report in the coming days.

amy
26-10-2004, 10:13
great report Tyso, thanks for sharing the Magic![msnsmile]

LiesaAnna
26-10-2004, 12:01
thanks Tyson!
that was great, nice pic!!!!!!:)

KevinT
26-10-2004, 14:33
Hi Tyson,
Glad you liked Lake Berkley. The 192 near there is pretty bad at the moment as they have been widening it to 3 lanes on each side and are doing about a mile stretch at a time. I'm hoping when they finish that bit it will look like it does around Old Town with new street lights and double rows of Palm Trees.
Good picture - eagerly awaiting next instalment. [clap]