PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Ridge

Joolz
26-10-2004, 01:16
Looking forward to going out in December- wouldve been going to our villa but had to cancel purchase...:(
How is Sandy Ridge porgressing? and has there been much delay re hurricaines?

Jan.B.
30-01-2005, 19:00
can anyone tell me anything about this community? i know it is very new so there is not much information about it.

especially interested in whether there are supermarkets etc nearby.

I believe it is near 'Championsgate'..... is this a shoping mall??

benfilo
31-01-2005, 01:29
Sorry to hear that Joolz[msnsad] hope you have a great trip.
Hi Jan.B. Championsgate has a large supermarket, shops and restaraunts/ take out and Golf and looks like there'll be mor in the future

Cruella DeVilla
31-01-2005, 11:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jan.B.
can anyone tell me anything about this community? i know it is very new so there is not much information about it.

especially interested in whether there are supermarkets etc nearby.

I believe it is near 'Championsgate'..... is this a shoping mall??
[/quote]

Champions Gate is a golf course. There are also shops, eateries and a gas station . There are a few villa communities in that neck of the wood.

E. Cosgrove
31-01-2005, 13:30
Hi Joolz Sorry you had to pull out of your sale, believe me there have been times in the last few months when I wish I had done the same.!!
We closed on our new home in Sandy Ridge on 30th of December and went out there on the first of Jan. The houses at the entrance are nearly all finished and there are several completed in our own road. We expect that by the time we visit at Easter most of the properties around us will be completed. The lovely thing is that once inside you would not know there is building going on, both our neighbours are completed ( hopefully Nick!!) and it is so tranquil.
CDV reported on another thread ( maybe in the owners area) that it felt very rural to her and it is true, no doubt somewhere in the future there will be numerous developments around, but for now it is very peaceful when you approach from the 532, yet the distance to the 192 if you travel via Old Lake Wilson Rd is 10 mins, that brings you to marker 5 just a mile from the Disney turn off. If you head down to Championsgate and pick up the I4 it is even less.

Jan, Championsgate is 2-3 mins drive from Sandy Ridge. There is a publix supermarket and Mc Donalds, Subway, a Chinese and a pizza place that is also a small restaurant. There are other small shops a gas station, ATM etc. There are 2 golf courses ( well there would be wouldn't there[msnwink])

domster
22-02-2005, 02:56
Hi,

When we visited and bought it was all ready for development, now there must be 20-30 completed (probably more).

When we were looking the realtor was very excited about this development, she mentioned the knock on effect (on prices) being so near to the new reunion resort (over the road). If you have visited it is very exclusive etc and should bring prices up in the area.

Like Liz says it is not a busy as the 192 and I think this will be a real plus point, a not many people want to be too noisy.

Most of the people on this site are still waiting for theirs to be built, but in 6 months most should be up and running.

DOM