PDA

View Full Version : Florida 2004 - Last 2 days......... SOB!

linda.s
25-10-2004, 16:06
Day 13
Penultimate day, and although we had a fabulous couple of days at the Keys etc, we are all in a state of disbelief that we go home tomorrow - Why does 2 weeks feel like a couple of days??? Weather was bright this morning, and our friends had decided to go to Blizzard Beach for a few hours. Neither of our younger 2 kids fancied going, and as you now know from previous reports, I don't like water parks, so my eldest decided to go and I agreed to meet them in the car park to drop my daughter off at 11.00am. BIG MISTAKE! Sky started looking overcast by about 10.15, and we left about 10.30. Just as we turned into the Disney entrance, the heavens opened, and you could barely see beyond the front of the car! Managed to get to BB car park, and waited for our friends to show. Still raining very heavily, but was due to clear in a couple of hours. They decided to come back about 2pm, so they took my daughter off my hands, and I drove back to the condo........ We were all very tired from the 2 day trip, and pottered around the condo for a bit, packing and finishing the washing, then we decided to head off to Florida Mall, as we hadn't been there so far this time. My son had his birthday money to spend, and we had heard that Best Buy on Sand Lake was a great place for anything electrical, so we called in there on the way to the mall to see if we could pick up a good portable CD player. What a great shop! Oh the TV's we saw! Huge screens, and amazing value! Quite a large choice of CD Players, and he eventually plumped for a Panasonic one at $48. Daughter also had some of her money to spend, and decided to buy the same CD player - Sigh, means marking them both with initials when we get back to stop the "It's mine" arguments! (We were pleased when we got back, as the same CD player is currently on sale at Comet for £59!) Great CD and DVD bargains to be had here too! Left Best Buy very happy, and headed off to Florida Mall. Weather had now improved, but it did seem to signify a change. Sun was out, but temp was down a few degrees. Not cold by any means, but just not as hot and humid as before. Off to Florida Mall, and the rain seemed to have bought everyone shopping! Car park was packed, we were just pleased that the rain had passed over now, as we had quite a walk to the entrance! Went straight into the music shop that we bought from last time, and picked up a few more CD's. Picked the suitcase we wanted from the suitcase stall - We'll be back on out way out! Raided the candy shop, as I am participating in a Haloween Sweet Swap on another website, so decided to pick up some Halloween themed sweeties for the swap. Much better choice than the UK for that type of product, and I hope the recipient enjoys them! Hubby and I always buy something to remember our holidays by, and this time, we had decided to push the boat out (well a little bit!) and buy ourselves a piece of jewellery each. We wandered in every shop there - several times, and he saw a lovely white gold and diamond ring, reduced in the sale from $300 to $199. It's a lovely ring, and not at all ostentatious, but he wasn't sure, so we wandered around again! I had spotted a blue pearl and diamond pendant, that would go really well with the ring I bought on our last trip to Florida. My middle daughter chose an oyster at the Pearl Factory in Seaworld, and the pearl was a beautiful large blue, which I had made into a ring there. I love it, and have always wanted a matching pendant and earrings, so this pendant really caught my eye. However, we then went into another shop, and I spotted a gorgeous Alexandrite and diamond white gold ring......... Dilemma! The ring won though, as I had never seen such an unusual stone, so many colours... So, ring tucked away in a box in my bag, and it was back to Zales for his ring. We were very lucky, as both rings on display were the correct sizes for us. We left the mall, after buying our case, very happy!
Off to pick up our eldest from Orange Lakes, then we ecided to have a really good dinner as it was our last night. I wanted to try Joe's C

julieanne
25-10-2004, 16:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linda.s
I really wanted to go and see Celebration on our way to the airport. Thought it would be a good idea as it was on the way, and would kill an hour or so, but no-one else fancied it, so I was out voted. Sad I missed it, but will certainly go next time.
[/quote]

Linda
I went to Celebration for the first time this trip and I absolutely loved it :) so much that I went back a second time.
It is definately on my list for future holidays - would love to see it at night time too.

Enjoyed your report - pleased to hear you got a replacement case, just hope you didn't lose anything.

LiesaAnna
25-10-2004, 18:11
Linda,
thankyou for sharing your lovely trip with us, you had my eyes all watery at the airport with that horrid girl breaking your case, glad it was replaced and hope you didnt lose anything that was treasured or expensive,
sad you missed celebration, i'm putting my foot down with a very firm hand this time, i/we are going there[msnwink]

Harmony
01-11-2004, 18:48
A wonderful trip report with some great photos. How it made me long to be back in Florida. Only two months till we go out again but can not come soon enough [msncry]. Last Christmas we managed a four week stay and it STILL was not long enough. I bet you're already saving for the next visit. [beer]

Jeff

E. Cosgrove
01-11-2004, 19:49
Time to start planning the next trip Linda, but this time you must definitely schedule A trip to Celebration. We have just stayed there for a week and it was heaven, a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of the 192 but only 5 mins drive. Totally unspoilt. [msnsmile]

linda.s
01-11-2004, 20:17
Oh I wished Liz, but as I posted a while ago on the countdown thread, it'll be at least 3 years before we get to go back! Our house is falling down around our ears (well a slight exageration, but it does need decorating badly, and the kitchen IS falling apart!) So we promised ourselves that we would just have a week in Portugal or somewhere next year, on the timeshare, then in 06 we are supposed to be going to Vegas with friends, but, that does look shaky at the moment........... If we don't go to Vegas, then Florida here we come again! If we do go to Vegas, then Florida in 06........ [msncry] Unless of course, we wim the lottery, in which case, I will be joining you Villa owners! [grouphug]

I get my Florida fix by watching the Dolphin swim on the DVD, reading the threads on here, and now waiting for my neighbours to come back (they only went Sunday!) so they can give me a blow-by-blow account of the fun they had!

Lucky you Jeff, only 2 weeks to go - don't forget the report, so I can keep reading!

Ray&Sarah
01-11-2004, 20:48
Celebration is great, at christmas the lights in the houses are amazing and having just got back from Florida we drove around to look at the Haloween decorations that people had put up and they had really gone to a great deal of time and trouble.
Great report Linda.[msnsmile2]

linda.s
03-10-2005, 04:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linda.s
Oh I wished Liz, but as I posted a while ago on the countdown thread, it'll be at least 3 years before we get to go back! Our house is falling down around our ears (well a slight exageration, but it does need decorating badly, and the kitchen IS falling apart!) So we promised ourselves that we would just have a week in Portugal or somewhere next year, on the timeshare, then in 06 we are supposed to be going to Vegas with friends, but, that does look shaky at the moment........... If we don't go to Vegas, then Florida here we come again! If we do go to Vegas, then Florida in 06........ [msncry] Unless of course, we wim the lottery, in which case, I will be joining you Villa owners! [grouphug]

I get my Florida fix by watching the Dolphin swim on the DVD, reading the threads on here, and now waiting for my neighbours to come back (they only went Sunday!) so they can give me a blow-by-blow account of the fun they had!

Lucky you Jeff, only 2 weeks to go - don't forget the report, so I can keep reading!
[/quote]

Well, I haven't been around for quite a few months, as 2005 has been the nightmare year from hell for us all! So much for the week in Portugal!
January started reasonably well, but then I was told that I was going to be made redundant........... Ended up being out of work for about 3.5 months, something we can ill afford, as we need both our salaries. Never mind, at least I got a job eventually, and we have our health, what else matters? Oooops, wrong thing to say - Tim has been suffering minor chest pains on exertion, and in July he gets called for his angiogram, due to pick him up after about 6 hours, but I get a call to say that they won't let him home, as his arteries are dangerously blocked, and he will stay at our local hospital until they can get him a bed in London! He ends up having a quadruple bypass the day before our 20th wedding anniversary - so much for the party! He's a contract worker, so another wage missing for quite some time, about 12 weeks off work in all, but again, who cares, he's much, much better now, and starting to feel more full of life!
So, that's our update and I hope to keep popping back to see how all of you are enjoying Florida - Only 2 years to go until we make it again (if we can ever save enough!)

blott
03-10-2005, 04:51
Oh my goodness, you poor things! :( Still, life sounds as if it's looking up a bit now and nothing's more important than your health and family so, having got both of those sorted now, the only way is definitely up!

03-10-2005, 09:53
Linda, What a rotten time you have had[msnsad] I hope hubby is well on the road to recovery now and like blott says things are on the up now,we couldn't go this year for various reasons so I know how you feel on that one! But take care, you will get to Florida again[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

sundowner
03-10-2005, 14:12
What a terrible year for you. Things will get better. If you are with RCI for your timeshare you could book through them to go to Florida.

Ray&Sarah
03-10-2005, 20:14
Wow Linda, poor you and your hubby, hope things are on the up and up now.[msnsmile]

linda.s
04-10-2005, 00:27
Thanks for your good wishes guys - Yes, things ARE on the up, thank goodness! We are going to Tenerife for a week just before Christmas - some friends collected some money so we could pay the balance, how kind are they?? We are using our timeshare, and would have lost the week otherwise........... It's with Sunterra not RCI.

Things can only get better, and we are planning a 3 or 4 week jaunt in 2007! Will incude Las Vegas and California too! (Might as well think big eh??):D

orlandodaze
04-10-2005, 01:25
Linda I was sorry to hear what a dreadful time you and your husband have had. Go off to Tenerife and have a good break , you both deserve it . Good health to you all and may your luck inprove 100%.[lucky][lucky][lucky][lucky]

E. Cosgrove
04-10-2005, 02:49
Remember the song Linda "Things can only get better", well it looks like things are improving with your trip to Tenerife on the horizon.
Hope that Tim continues to improve and that 2006 is "your year".
Good Luck and keep us all in touch with what happens:)

Sharon G
05-10-2005, 23:57
Linda, What a year!!!!

Good luck and all the best this next year.

Sharon

linda.s
27-11-2005, 06:05
The run of "luck" continues...............

I've been suffering with a flu type virus for the last couple of weeks, lost voice, cough, tiredness etc, just starting to feel better, and on Monday my face started to feel strange, well after a barrage of tests at the hospital, it seems I now have Bells Palsy, so the right side of my face is paralysed.......... I look like Quasimodo! Apparently it can be linked to stress too, so I guess being run down didn't help! So, another obstacle to climb, but I am back to work on Monday, although I can hardly talk, but we can't afford for any more time off, just got to "grin" (which is very lopsided!) and bear it!

Thank you all for your good wishes though, knowing that people are thinking of you helps! [msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
27-11-2005, 11:34
poor you Linda!
hope you feel better soon, maybe getting back into work with all the christmas festivities coming up you will be better in no time![grouphug] heres a hug! that'll help, cos its from OV always helpful!!

dbrook
27-11-2005, 11:35
Sorry to hear this Linda. I had Bells Palsy when I was a teenager. Can you imagine that - it wasn't cool at all and I got fed up of people asking me if I had had a stroke!!! Probably took me about 4 weeks to return to normal. I think I got it from a draft on a car journey. Didn't know what stress was at that time, although it would look very likely that yours is stress related with the unfortunate year you have had:( Food tastes like plastic too doesn't it Linda[V]

Anyway my best wishes for a quick recovery and lets hope 2006 is a lot better year for you all.

Ray&Sarah
27-11-2005, 13:17
Sorry to hear about your latest problems Linda.

I have a friend who developed Bells Palsy last year, she too thinks it was as a result of a draft from her car window (which wouldn't shut properly). She seemed to be back to normal after 3-4 weeks and it hasn't re-occurred.

Have a good Christmas and hope 2006 is a good one.[grouphug]

linda.s
14-12-2005, 02:54
Latest update! I am feeling a little better - Eye now shuts so I can sleep without an eye patch, and getting some tingling and pain, which is a sign of recovery - Thank goodness! Off to Tenerife on Friday morning, and I will be off work for 3 weeks, so I intend to rest, rest, and maybe relax a bit! Even ordered all my grub from M&S, so just take off the wrapper and shove it in the oven! No hard work! I will be better by 2006!

Thank you everyone! :D

Ray&Sarah
15-12-2005, 21:53
Have a great time Linda, glad to hear you are on the mend.[msnsmile2]

16-12-2005, 10:09
That's good news Linda, and have a wonderful time[clap][clap]