PDA

View Full Version : Polar Express

MTP
25-10-2004, 02:07
Just read in the Sunday papers that the film version of The Polar Express is released in the UK soon. It is using a new form of animation to capture the artistry of the book.

For those that do not know this story (it is more of an American tradition) it is the lovely tale of a boy visiting the North Pole and meeting Santa, taking the Polar Express. The pictures throughout the book are really beautiful.

The website for the film is:
http://polarexpressmovie.warnerbros.com/

stabard
28-10-2004, 23:13
Just saw a preview of this at the cinema - looks great[clap]

Magical Dreams
30-10-2004, 02:03
Just watched the Trailer on the Website, looks very life like!!

Tom Hanks!! So so like him!! Great Actor

Can't wait to go see it!!
[lucky]

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/pontelad/2004102922842_photo4.jpg

MaggieAllan
10-12-2004, 17:38
We have booked to go and see this at the Printworks in Manchester next Friday night....can't wait..has anyone actually seen it yet?

KarenScott
10-12-2004, 17:51
Yes went with our children last weekend. We saw it at our local IMAX as it is also out in 3D. We thought it was fab. Very child friendly. It was brilliant trying to catch the snow and the train coming to a halt right in front of your nose!! If you get a chance try to see the 3D version. It kicked off our Christmas.
[:I]

steph_goodrum
10-12-2004, 20:04
I went to see the previews a couple of weeks ago and thought it would be brilliant at the Imax when it came out. I think it is the 3-10th at the Imax cinemas and 12th for general release, we went the last week of November.
I bet the roller coaster bits were even more effective, I had a feeling it might be a bit too intense for my liking at the Imax, but I enjoyed the film, nevertheless on the normal screen.

MaggieAllan
10-12-2004, 20:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Marthas Harbour
Yes went with our children last weekend. We saw it at our local IMAX as it is also out in 3D. We thought it was fab. Very child friendly. It was brilliant trying to catch the snow and the train coming to a halt right in front of your nose!! If you get a chance try to see the 3D version. It kicked off our Christmas.
[/quote]

the one we've booked is 3D...[8D]

KarenScott
10-12-2004, 22:43
No it really wasn't too intense. I think it added to the film. We had two four year olds in our party and they just loved it.

SunLover
10-12-2004, 23:12
Tom Hanks was interviewed on the Letterman Show the other night, and he said this movie cost $1,000,000 a minute to produce !!! Yikes !!! [:O]

Mr G
11-12-2004, 01:46
We were in london last weekend for the Christmas lights,shopping, etc. We managed to see the West End shows Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, then Fame.
We had a walk round Leicester Square and by chance saw the Vue cinima showing The Polar Express. I thought it was great. Our 9 yeAr old Daughter is doubting Father Christmas this Year [msnsad] I know how could she[msnscared]

The film has made her think again.It is quite magical and Tom Hanks is great in it.

steph_goodrum
11-12-2004, 13:36
"Our 9 year old Daughter is doubting Father Christmas this Year I know how could she"

Miracle on 34th Street came out at just the right time for me when my daughter was at "the age of disbelieving".
Anyone know what happened to Mara Wilson? She was such a talented little actress, I'm sure she would have a great career in the movies, I know when she was making Matilda and was about 8 I think, her Mum died whilst the film was being made and last I heard she was being brought up by an aunt I think. Just wondered if she had continued to make films at all?

MaggieAllan
18-12-2004, 12:25
We saw this film last night at the Imax in Manchester....WOW!!!!

The effects are brilliant[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

There were lots of children in the audience ( and many unnaccompanied adults) and the whole place fell silent once it got going.

Definately recommended, if only to admire the technology. Can't imagine what it's like without 3D though.

lisag
19-12-2004, 20:00
Went to see it last weekend in 2D and it was brilliant but you could tell from the special effects that it would be AMAZING to watch in 3D.

SunLover
19-12-2004, 20:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
"Our 9 year old Daughter is doubting Father Christmas this Year I know how could she"

Miracle on 34th Street came out at just the right time for me when my daughter was at "the age of disbelieving".
Anyone know what happened to Mara Wilson? She was such a talented little actress, I'm sure she would have a great career in the movies, I know when she was making Matilda and was about 8 I think, her Mum died whilst the film was being made and last I heard she was being brought up by an aunt I think. Just wondered if she had continued to make films at all?

[/quote]

Steph

Mara's last movie appearance was in Thomas & The Magic Railroad in 2000

Matilda was 1996.

blott
19-12-2004, 21:50
You've just reminded me that we wanted to go and see this so we're going this afternoon.

MaggieAllan
19-12-2004, 22:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
You've just reminded me that we wanted to go and see this so we're going this afternoon.
[/quote]

Where are you going to watch it?

blott
19-12-2004, 22:40
A cinema in Osceola Square Mall - it's only on at three places locally and that's the nearest.

steph_goodrum
19-12-2004, 22:54
"Mara's last movie appearance was in Thomas & The Magic Railroad in 2000

Matilda was 1996."

Hi Chris and Peter Thanks, I wondered if she had continued to make them.
I wasn't sure of the dates, I know my daughter has another of her films "a simple wish " but hadn't checked when that was made either.