PDA

View Full Version : advertising rentals

marg3574
22-10-2002, 12:53
I am considering buying a property in Orlando with closure at the end of April 2003. Would it be advisable for me to start advertising the property for rent ASAP or should I wait unitil closure.

fiona
22-10-2002, 12:55
Welcome Margaret, you have sent me an e-mail which I am just going to respond to.

The sooner you start marketing your villa the sooner you will have rentals in! Just make sure there will be no building going on or you could have problems. That is assuming it is new?

chris
22-10-2002, 14:02
I bought a resale in December last year. I put the offer in and had closing 2 weeks later. Consequently I didn't advertise before closing! My first guests went in in February so I had 2 months with no income. Fortunately my management company did a deal of no fees for 3 months so I got my lawn and pool looked after for nothing in that time.
I suggest you do start advertising now but leave a little gap between closing and your first guests at this stage in case there are any unforeseen hitches in the building work.
Also writing a website and getting it right takes time, so get started on that too.

Chris

athurstance
22-10-2002, 16:07
I agree that it is definitely worth advertising in advance. A good idea to get your website up and running while you have time before you get the added workload of responding to enquiries, taking bookings etc.
Do leave a good gap though between closing and taking bookings. Our closing was delayed by nearly 4 months for various reasons and fortunately we hadn't booked anyone in for those months. Moving them all would have been a nightmare especially as it included Christmas.
Most house sales go through more smoothly than that fortunately.

Angela