PDA

View Full Version : Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show

orlandobabe
21-10-2002, 20:04
Our second visit to this excellent show and had a great time.

Food is not brilliant-but edible.

There's plenty of laughs and the actors involve the audience as much as possible and if you are loud and noisy-like my son-then you get picked on even more which all adds to the fun!

It's at quite a small venue on Carrier Drive off Universal Blvd and it works because the audience is relatively small (up to 200) for Orlando standards.

The company has about 9 plays on the go and we've seen The Squires Inn and another one GK's 80th Birthday-I think!

If you pay at the door you will pay about $43 but go to a legitimate ticket seller and you should get about an $8 discount on each ticket.

tinkerbell
24-10-2002, 18:39
I really want to go to this one!! I also would like to try the Pirates one too, I am a bit of a fan of entertainment dinner shows! Does the Sleuths one include free wine??

blott
19-01-2003, 03:05
Went to this recently with Julie & Terry Carty and saw Squires Inn (snap OB!). I should really say got involved in as Terry was seconded as a star amongst the cast, playing a driver of a coach which had broken down, complete with official hat and lines! We shared our table with four local Floridians who were good company and chatty. To find out more about the plot, check out http://www.sleuths.com and you can also print out a discount voucher from there worth $4 each. Ring up and reserve your place on 407 393 1985 or 1 800 393 1985 and pay at the door - remember to take your $4 discount voucher!

The food was better than most dinner shows we've been to with a salad starter, main meal and gateau desert, followed by coffee. Those who ordered the cornish (with a small c - we were given a lesson about it by the Floridians!) game hen looked on rather jealously at my rib ($3 extra). This turned out to be a plate sized half inch thick steak which left little room for my jacket (baked) potato and French beans! :D

The show was very audience participatory as you are asked to discuss the crime amongst your table, elect a spokesperson and encouraged to ask questions of the cast. Unfortunately, we didn't manage to solve the murder but that was a bit secondary to having had a good evening's entertainment and a lot of laughs in great company. We went away happily clutching our photo key ring souvenirs ($6 extra). :)

esprit
19-01-2003, 03:59
You forgot to add that..... Squires Inn supposedly takes place in England so all the cast have decidedly iffy Emglish accents. The Lord seems to have been using Del Boy as a role model and sounds more like a Cockney barrow boy than a toff. Other stereotypes included lager lout type nephew dressed in rugby gear and English policewoman who was a big American bloke in drag. Terry got into bantering mode. "Youre really a bloke", arent you, says he. "Mmm, does that excite you" says "she" provocatively. Fortunately the Scottish stereotype, who looked like a mixture between Billy Connolly and Worzel Gummidge, supplied us with the corpse very early on. Terry was actually quite lucky with his coach driver persona as one other poor bloke in the audience was taken off and dressed up as a milk maid.

It was a fun night though I have to say we were totally useless at it. Beer and wine was free and unlimited, though may have been watered as it did not affect us in the slightest. The "mystery" dessert on the menu was actually carrot cake, fudge cake or key lime pie so no great mystery. Those who guessed correctly were put in a draw for the top prize which was so naff that the runners up did better with their Sleuth badges.
One criticism. It was not cheap and we were told at the end to tip the servers 20% because it was a restaurant as well as a theatre. Yet the food only provided a very small part of the package. You could have got that meal in Dennys for a quarter of the cost. No way.

Julieb
19-01-2003, 14:25
We spent New Years Eve at a Sleuths dinner show and had a great night.

Our original plan was to go to MGM but with the heavy rain and storms predicted we decided to go somewhere “inside”. I think lots of people had the same idea. There were 3 shows running at the same time and all of them were packed. We chose “Joshua’s Demise” With 2 teenagers 14 & 17 we were told this was probably the most suitable for them. They had a great night and they solved the murder! The food was much better than I had expected and we had free champagne at midnight.

dan
19-08-2007, 09:38
Our party of 8 went to this dinner show a few nights ago and we had a brilliant time. The actor's were superb and kept us in stitches throughout the show. The meal was enjoyable for some. The lasagne wsa seemingly nice. The hen was a bit skinny. The salad starter was lovely and the dessert was chocolate or strawberry cake. A jug of beer and coke was brought to the table and topped up as needed. The actor's ask diner's to give a tip for the servers once show is over. This is a must see show. 9 out of 10 points from me. [msnsmile2]

Stuart Bairstow
26-08-2007, 01:14
I totally agree, this show is a must to see. We have two teenagers 14 and 15 boy and girl and sometimes it is hard to find a show that we all really enjoy but this certainly did that. We found the food OK and the service good, the actors were really very entertaining and we laughed all the way through. Well worth the money.