PDA

View Full Version : OV Crashing?

fiona
21-10-2002, 16:58
Anyone having any problems today? Three times this am my machine has crashed on me when I am posting a message.

Or is it just IE again......[V] It is crashing SO many times each day at the moment, and I am fully up to date on 6.:(

I am looking to switch to netscape - any suggestions?

Lakul
21-10-2002, 17:02
Hi Fiona

I'm using IE and have had no problems with OV today. Is it worth uninstalling and re-installing IE.

blott
21-10-2002, 18:04
Fiona, make the switch! I use Netscape and it's heaps better than IE for me. I found IE was permanently crashing my PC, stopping, getting stuck, etc and I haven't looked back since I found Netscape which has no such problems (so far...). You don't have to keep pressing refresh either to get the latest page up as Netscape does it for you!

You can have both Netscape and IE on your PC and choose which one you want to use (I still use OE for my mail).

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-10-2002, 19:27
It's not OV as far as I know - I've been accessing it from home and work using IE 6.0 and it works as it should.

I'd suggest repairing your IE installation and see if that fixes it.

janny
22-10-2002, 13:00
I agree with Blott-he told me to do the same thing after I was totaly fed up with IE crashing several times an hour.I downloaded Netscape and still keep outlook express as my default mail.It works a treat.Go do it!
Janny

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-10-2002, 13:47
Janny:

Just in case Blott gets offended - she is not a man :)

janny
23-10-2002, 22:30
My sincere apologies Blott.

blott
23-10-2002, 23:06
Oh, only just noticed Janny and I would have thought you just missed an 's' off and made a typo...:D