PDA

View Full Version : Our perfect dream part 1

anna maria freak
23-10-2004, 05:26
<span style=&#39;color:black&#39;></span id=&#39;black&#39;>

Well here we were at last, Friday 24th September 2004 (Pauls birthday) and we were off on our three week holiday to the sunshine state [msncool] Due to our very limited choice of carriers operating out of Belfast we were flying with my travel [msnmad] At the time of booking we enquired about increasing luggage allowance but were told this was not available, but we could upgrade to premium for an extra 250 pounds per person which only gave an additional 5kg allowance [msnwink] not worth the extra expense, and anyway our two yr old grandson would be excluded :( so not an option. Checked in and all cases were slightly overweight, not a good sign [:O] Would there be problems on the way home? GUESS!!

After an uneventful flight we landed at Sanford on time 3.10pm and proceeded through immigration very quickly indeed, picked up the keys of the supposed 8 seater which Paul gave to son in law Ian to load the cases (bad back) whilst Paul said his good-byes to his brother who had booked a villa on the beach at New Smyrna, also he was jealous of his Chrysler 300 and needed a drool before seeing the watered down army green van he had [msnsad] 20 minutes elapsed before he finally appeared and we drove out of the airport heading for the interstate it was now 5.10pm and the rush hour was in full flow, then the sighn saying delays expected loomed ahead, so with accidents at Maitland and roadworks further down it took almost two hours to reach our exit 58, Carla`s directions were spot on and we found her beautiful villa Camelot Castle on Thousand Oaks with no problems at all, Ian rushed to the keypad to enter the code when we heard a screech (wimp) a tiny green tree frog had been hiding in the keypad and jumped when he lifted it [^] needless to say that was the last time he rushed anywhere alone, eventually the door was opened and wow!! What a beautiful home, Carla has gone overboard with impeccable taste to make her home truly amazing, from the sumptious furnishings and themed rooms complete with four poster beds to the well equipped games room in the garage,outside the pool area was excellent with top of the range loungers and the ooooooh so alluring hot tub, It would be the following morning before we would fully appreciate the magnificent vista over the tranquil lake, Heaven!! We all agreed that we had certainly made the right choice from an extensive list :D:D:D

Lorraine and Paul

sonofsos
23-10-2004, 11:47
Know what you mean about limited choice of carriers from Belfast ( and also a lot more expensive ) :(. We gave up flying direct from Belfast a few years ago, we now go to London first and then on to Florida. There is more choice and it also saves a lot of money. Next year we are trying the Dublin route.

LiesaAnna
23-10-2004, 12:20
well yor there!!!!!!

come on dont keep us in suspense!!!

Carla
23-10-2004, 15:38
Those little green frogs get everywhere.:D:D Poor Ian, what a shock!!

It's always great to read the trip reports and especially when it's your own guests. :D:D

Thank you for your lovely words about my home Lorraine and Paul, and I'm really looking forward to reading your next installments.

23-10-2004, 22:26
That little frog must be a resident because the same thing happened to us!!

Carla you will have to start charging him rent!!!LOL!!

I also left my little girls hat out to dry on the deck airer and when she came to put it on there was a little green frog inside, well you have never seen a 2 y/o run so fast it was so funny!!![msnsmile2]

Carla
24-10-2004, 00:20
He's actually a handsome Prince, but no one has had the courage to kiss him yet!! [msnscared][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

So, it sounds like I'll have to give a warning to all new guests, to beware of the frog.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

It's never happened to me, yet, however, I have accidently walked on one on the driveway. Not nice for him, or for me, but especially not for him!![msnoo][msnoo]