PDA

View Full Version : Waiting

MsRuthieB
21-10-2002, 16:22
A question for villa owners - Say a person is interested in renting a villa. They fill out the form to contact the owner in regards to availability, deposit, etc. How long does it usually take before the owner gets in touch with the possible renter? Does the owner usually email (if the owner is in the UK and the renter is in the USA)? If it's already rented for the period being requested, would the owner still contact the person to inform? Can anyone please let me know also what the time difference is between the USA and the UK? I very much appreciate your time in responding.

Andy & Arlene
21-10-2002, 16:45
If you put in a request for a specific villa, then the owner should contact you to let you know whether they have the availability for your requested dates. This is all done by e-mail.
If you put in a general enquiry to OV, then normally only the owners who have availability for your dates, will get in touch with you.
The time difference between Florida and the UK is 5 hours ie if it is 7pm in the UK, it is 2pm in the US. However, different parts of the States have different time differences, but Florida is 5 hours.
Hope this helps.

Arlene

fiona
21-10-2002, 16:55
Most owners will respond by e-mail if that is the original request format. We don't like to be seen to be too pushy - but will phone as a follow up if given a number.

The time difference is 5 hours on the east coast and 6 hours on the west coast.

If you are having problems with a particular owner I am sure the site administrators will be happy to expedite the matter for you.

However, someone could be away on holiday or ill, which may be a reason for a delay.

steph_goodrum
21-10-2002, 16:59
Most owners will respond very quickly as they never wish to miss the opportunity to share their wonderful homes, but I would advise if you send an e-mail to an owner specifically , that if they haven't responded within a day or so then to try again and also to verify that you have typed your own e-mail address in correctly on an enquiry form. We frequently have e-mail returned as undeliverable where the address is not quite right (or the guests inbox is full). The same applies to responses, with so many homes on the Website, there is almost inevitably somebody who would meet your requirments, so if you get no replies at all just double-check. I had one instance in the summer where a guest e-mailed the site owners to ask why, when they had specifically directed a request to me they had no response and thought it strange (or not very courteous), once we were in direct contact it appeared that for some reason the enquiry had never gone through as neither the administrators or I had seen it before and it was a distinctive address, but all was sorted and they went and stayed in my villa and had a wonderful time, but if he hadn't made the 2nd request I would never have known about it.

bellaepovera
21-10-2002, 19:09
You should get a reply in 24 hrs. If not check back again as there could be something wrong with email address server etc. Florida is 5 hrs and California is 8 and Mid west is 6.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-10-2002, 19:32
The US east coast is 5 hours behind the Uk and the west coast 8 hours behind.

MsRuthieB
21-10-2002, 19:46
Thank you everyone! But I feel so dumb. I figured out what the problem was. I has my email filter set too high and my messages have been automatically deleted unless the address is in my 'safe' list. I had been getting spammed big time awhile back and had set it that way and the forgot all about it until mentioned here. If anyone reads this that I contacted regarding your villa, would you please re-email me? My email is ruthieburnside@hotmail.com. Sorry about the confusion and thank you for helping me to sort it out :D

jewell
21-10-2002, 22:14
Hi Ruthie, I've just read your message, and you did indeed put in a request for our villa (ref 159), which we replied to straightaway. Sorry you didn't get the reply, I have re-sent it to you now!

It's great that you thought about mentioning it on this Forum, that way we find out when things go slightly 'wrong'. Wouldn't want any of our guests to feel ignored :D