PDA

View Full Version : stars

parrot 2
22-10-2004, 18:01
whats going on with my stars, ive lost one and gone back to junior now [msncry][msncry]

LiesaAnna
22-10-2004, 18:04
we know you had them cos i did <span style="color:blue">3***</span id="blue">

parrot 2
22-10-2004, 18:07
[msnmad][msnmad][msnmad] I M N O T A J U N I O R , PLEASE PUT ME BACK TO WHERE I BELONG, 3 STARS AND EXPERT OR ILL CRY ALL AFTERNOON. IVE WORKED HARD FOR THEM. P L E A S E P L E A S E P L E A S E[V]

Nostromo
22-10-2004, 18:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by parrot 2
whats going on with my stars, ive lost one and gone back to junior now [msncry][msncry]
[/quote]

All right, own up. What did you do for the teacher to punish you so? :D

shenon
22-10-2004, 18:10
i've lost a star too,what's going on:(

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-10-2004, 18:11
Please bear with us - we are adjusting the star system as a few people have pointed out to us that certain users (I'm not saying anyone on this thread and will not be mentioning names) are just posting to boost their star status and not saying anything of particular value to a Florida vacation planning forum.

We are trying to reach a happy medium - it's not easy being caught in the middle [msnsad]

parrot 2
22-10-2004, 18:15
OH IVE ONLY BEEN TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO CHAT [msncry]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-10-2004, 18:28
I don't think anyone is singling you out - I know we are not [msnsmile]
OH IVE ONLY BEEN TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO CHAT [msncry]
[/quote]

parrot 2
22-10-2004, 18:38
oh ok that makes me feel better. maybe i need to join another forum so i can chat all day [msnsmile2] think you can tell im not that busy at work at the mo, getting paid to post and chat about florida[laugh]

Cruella DeVilla
22-10-2004, 18:41
oh ok that makes me feel better. maybe i need to join another forum so i can chat all day [msnsmile2] think you can tell im not that busy at work at the mo, getting paid to post and chat about florida[laugh]
[/quote]
What could be better on A Friday, being paid to chat about Florida??

parrot 2
22-10-2004, 18:42
I know , cant think of anything better [laugh]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-10-2004, 18:53
Me neither [msnsmile2]
I know , cant think of anything better [laugh]
[/quote]

CERICROWLEY
22-10-2004, 18:56
I can.

Being in Florida on a friday and chatting about Florida.

Weather here stinks.

Going out on Wednesday, already practising sun glasses and shorts and the gas fire on full blast
:D

LiesaAnna
22-10-2004, 19:11
[/quote]

i was on another forum some time ago and they had live chat, i was in there alot!!! i think they got the knock about that cos they put a stop to it, DM isnt quite the same, but it suits me for now[msnwink]

parrot 2
22-10-2004, 19:12
oh you have all gone silver now !!!!

Robert5988
28-10-2004, 23:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Please bear with us - we are adjusting the star system as a few people have pointed out to us that certain users (I'm not saying anyone on this thread and will not be mentioning names) are just posting to boost their star status [u]and not saying anything of particular value to a Florida vacation planning forum.
(my italics)[/quote]

Most of us surely are in total support of any efforts to stop the inane, humourless and irritating one-liners, that detract from many threads in this forum. I fear however that increasing the threshold will only make the culprits redouble efforts to achieve their perceived status.

Perhaps the answer is to give a score of a triple post for a DM and subtract one score for each post in the forum.

That achieves two objectives; the forum is not subject to the ‘witticisms’ and the sought after status can be achieved much more quickly.

chrizzy100
29-10-2004, 01:32
Just my 2 cents.....the easy going chat between the now friends on this forum can do one of two things....make newbies feel welcome and want to join in and be part of everything...even if they know nothing about FL......or it can turn people away because they feel its to clicky.....from the amount of people who join in....I'd say most people go with the first one......they want to hang around and make friends....the off topic area that Johns set up is a great idea......taking most of the day to day chat out of the FL planning area.....it can't be easy for John to police the forum......and make the rules......he is always wearing the black hat in someones eyes no matter what he does.....
Its a case of not taking it to heart if you get sent into the corner for anything....if I had done that.. I'd have a hit man out after Blott by now.. for the amount of times she's told me off..........[laugh][laugh][laugh]

LiesaAnna
29-10-2004, 02:48
well, my twopennorth worth, i feel that of late it has got a friendlier tone going in here, hey there is one person i have seen in the last week no in fact a few people have said they've been reading the threads and now feel ready to join in!!
yes its good to be serious when the need arises and deal with the postings from newbies or whoever but a bit of light humour never hurt anyone,
i feel a bit panicky as my family and i wont be able to afford another holiday to florida for around 2 years, i hope i will still be made welcome when i dont have future things to say, :(

i love being in here!! chatting about anything floriday and sometimes other things, and i have made friends, its great to DM so its not like we talk every kind of talk in here,[msnembarrased]

SteveW
29-10-2004, 12:16
I personally couldn't give a monkey about stars or status... the fact that I can get all the help I need, offer advice to others (where I can), make new friends and simply live and breathe Florida is all that is required... thanks John & Roger

LiesaAnna
29-10-2004, 12:30
at the end of the day, lots of us or i suppose all of us joined in with the florida bug without knowing that there were stars to be gained from posting a question or answer, i didnt know about the stars to start with, and i would definately still be here if the stars were done away with!! ! !! as i really think most of us would be,:)
they just add a bit to it...................
[clap][clap]John and Roger

julieanne
29-10-2004, 15:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
at the end of the day, lots of us or i suppose all of us joined in with the florida bug without knowing that there were stars to be gained from posting a question or answer, i didnt know about the stars to start with, and i would definately still be here if the stars were done away with!! ! !! as i really think most of us would be,:)
they just add a bit to it...................
[clap][clap]John and Roger
[/quote]

I second all of that LiesaAnna [clap]
And as I haven't got my next trip booked I like you hope we are still able to join in with all the discussions here....

Colin
30-10-2004, 23:50
Stars - schmars!

I must say, I find this forum a little difficult to handle at times, and try to speed read thru the 'back-slapping' in order to sift out relevant facts. Replies tend to go off-thread quite quickly I find...... (That's me - "Mr Unsociable" I know!)

I read a different forum also, though relating to classic car restoration (or repair-and-make-do in my case). That's pre-dominanlty facts, help, and interesting links etc... but has fewer postings. Mainly made up of men if that's an interesting aside!!

The 'stars' against members have always been a bit of fun in my mind, as they relate to postings - not expertise (as they are described). Perhaps the descriptions of the stars could relate to 'chattiness' instead? [msnwink]

This forum is excellent in my opinion. My family and I will gain great benefit from it when we finally get to Florida next April.

Whilst I am on my soapbox I would like to re-iterate my thoughts regarding the inclusion of an FAQ area. This would undoubtedly save a lot of duplicate posting, duplicated effort and give enquirers full information on their subject, not just the info that may be available from members posting at the time the enquiry was made. Visa's, passports, airlines etc... 'required' to go to Florida info if you like. The moderators - who are extremely knowledgeable - could keep the FAQ info upto date very easily I would have thought. Not everyone who enquires is 'forum friendly' and happy to perform searches etc..

'Off Topic' section is an excellent move! [msnsmile2]

Great forum.

Colin

Colin
02-11-2004, 02:56
Liesa

Ha! Ha! That was my point ! [msnwink]

Colin

Free who?