PDA

View Full Version : The ROAD that you try to AVOID if possible

Nostromo
22-10-2004, 00:52
Many of us dislike driving on one or more major roads in the Orlando area. While it may not be possible to bypass your least favourite road all the time, I am interested to know which one of these commonly used roads do you try to avoid as much as possible?

linda.s
22-10-2004, 00:59
Voted 192 based on our experience this year.........

amy
22-10-2004, 01:00
Its international drive for us, we can see tacky shops just down the road at Blackpool without having to go to Orlando :D:D:D

Ray&Sarah
22-10-2004, 01:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by amy
Its international drive for us, we can see tacky shops just down the road at Blackpool without having to go to Orlando :D:D:D
[/quote]

Fully agree, went along I-Drive August 2003, what a nightmare, bumper to bumper cars.[msnoo]

rosie
22-10-2004, 01:41
I Drive for us too. We stayed at the Wyndham on there last year and the traffic noise was constant :(

millie
22-10-2004, 01:58
My choice is not on the poll - the road back to the airport ;);)

Jill
22-10-2004, 03:00
Millie thoroughly agree with you. I hate the road back to the airport - now when it is the road coming from the airport that is different.

Nostromo
22-10-2004, 10:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by millie
[/quote]

Brilliant! Maybe they should make all aiport roads one way (leading away from the airport):D.

Cruella DeVilla
22-10-2004, 13:25
Got to be I Drive, luckily Mr CDV is good with shortcuts and alternate routes so we get around it normally.

jolliffee
22-10-2004, 14:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by millie
[/quote]

Me too, how could the poll miss this one?[msnwink]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-10-2004, 14:31
International Drive for us. It's way too tacky and like Blackpool [msnsad]

chrizzy100
22-10-2004, 17:52
I like International drive.......we have a small road like that here....and I drive down it in the summer just to get that holiday feel.....only once mind you....because its grid lock most of the summer.......this place is not big enough for the amount of people that come here each year........thats why I like FL........you can still move around but it has this happy hoilday bright lights feel......:D

kaysvacationvilla
22-10-2004, 19:18
Rte 28 Chrizzy?

chrizzy100
22-10-2004, 20:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kaysvacationvilla
Rte 28 Chrizzy?
[/quote]

Oh yes......LOL!
Maybe its not so tacky as I Drive.....but I remember having great seaside holidays in tacky seaside towns......and seeing the holiday makers having a good time at crazy golf etc on R28 takes me right back.....:D

We live in Dennis......do you know it.....?
Its a bit off the holiday track.....I like having all the people around in the summer......but I hate the downsides......hours to get a table for dinner.....hours to get into town when it only take 15 mins in the winter.....things like that...thats why I love FL...you still get all the life.....but you can still go out and have fun even in high summer.......most of us on the Cape just stay home until the season is over.....its just not big enough for locals and holiday makers to be around at the same time.....[msnsad]

Lesley S
22-10-2004, 21:55
We try and avoid the 192 as much as possible. Coming from Disney to our villa can be a bit of a nightmare, good job we have the shortcut home. ie.., via the exit at Animal Kingdom.

MarkJan
22-10-2004, 22:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SunnysideFlorida
We try and avoid the 192 as much as possible. Coming from Disney to our villa can be a bit of a nightmare, good job we have the shortcut home. ie.., via the exit at Animal Kingdom.
[/quote]
Going to Glenbrook on 27, I agree. Do you use Black Lake Road or just Sherberth Road?

CarolAnn
22-10-2004, 22:05
Voted 192, as agree with others it was manic this year!
Not a fan of I-Drive from the tacky perpective, but don't think it was a problem traffic wise??

starkie
22-10-2004, 22:23
I had two votes, sorry!!
I Drive for one and OBT (Orange Blossom Trail). It has lights every minute and it takes forever to get to Florida Mall.

Julie

chrizzy100
22-10-2004, 23:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by starkie
I had two votes, sorry!!
I Drive for one and OBT (Orange Blossom Trail). It has lights every minute and it takes forever to get to Florida Mall.

Julie
[/quote]

i agree about OBT.......its not even a very nice road.....

sunseeker
23-10-2004, 00:31
the M25 [msnmad] every other road is a breeze after you have been on this.

Dave

Carla
23-10-2004, 04:47
The quickest way that I have found to get to the Florida Mall (as long as you don't do it during the rush hour) is to go up the I4 to the Beeline (528) and then come off the Beeline at OBT. You are then only one set of lights from the Mall. If I time it right I can do the maximum speed limit (and maybe a bit more!!) all the way to the Mall and be there from my home in about 20-25 minutes. :D:D:D

I've tried using the I4 and then going onto the 417, but you join OBT quite far down and so have to go through quite a few lights before you get to the Mall, so anything gained by using the 417 is then lost on OBT.

anna maria freak
23-10-2004, 05:39
I drive for us as well, Its a pity Bahama breeze is there so realy cant be avoided now

Lorraine

Calamity Jane
23-10-2004, 14:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Carla
The quickest way that I have found to get to the Florida Mall (as long as you don't do it during the rush hour) is to go up the I4 to the Beeline (528) and then come off the Beeline at OBT. You are then only one set of lights from the Mall. If I time it right I can do the maximum speed limit (and maybe a bit more!!) all the way to the Mall and be there from my home in about 20-25 minutes. :D:D:D

I've tried using the I4 and then going onto the 417, but you join OBT quite far down and so have to go through quite a few lights before you get to the Mall, so anything gained by using the 417 is then lost on OBT.
[/quote]
We do that way too Carla... we come off at junction 11, a whole lot easier than traipsing up the 192 then on to the OBT, unless you need to call on the 192 for anything ( usually Hooters in Mark's case [:O][:O]:D:D)

ellie
25-10-2004, 23:30
I-4 is our pet hate - always seems to be jammed! We also like to by-pass International Drive - so crowded.

Nostromo
26-10-2004, 00:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
I-4 is our pet hate - always seems to be jammed! We also like to by-pass International Drive - so crowded.
[/quote]

I agree about I-drive, but I-4 does not seem so bad compared with our own Motorways. Traffic on I-4 may be heavy, but I have always found it steady. For example, compare I-4 with M4!

tezz7628
26-10-2004, 03:37
OBT??????

blott
26-10-2004, 04:34
Orange Blossom Trail.

tezz7628
26-10-2004, 04:50

KJH
27-10-2004, 02:32
I love them all. It's FLORIDA

:D[clap][beer][grin]

ditto
28-10-2004, 16:31
I don`t mind any of the roads in Orlando.
It`s the M6 I can`t stand. All those lorries, they are so intimidating.
(so to any lorries drivers in advance)

Miranda
28-11-2004, 21:31
Well the road, or should I say track, we would definitely try to avoid again would be the one our 'not so trustworthy' satellite navigation took us down, between the orange groves! We thought we were going to get stuck when the tyres started spinning in troughs of dusty soil. A bit of a hairy moment but we can laugh about it now!