PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Lodge

orlandobabe
20-10-2002, 23:19
I'm sure I've written about this before-but we just had our 4th visit last week to the Boma Buffet and it is still great.

Remember that this is the only Disney Hotel that you just cannot walk into-you need a breakfast or a dinner reservation. It's about $16 for brekkie and $20 for dinner and I think really good value. It's a lovely hotel and before or after dining you can go and watch the animals on the savannah.

We had breakfast-and unless someone else proves me wrong, it seems once you've eaten you don't have to hurry off the premises.

We went and sat near the pool and of course I knew it wouldn't be long before my son went in-and he did-first in the hot spa which he said was wondeful and then the pool. Providing you don't make a nuisance of yourself-and for once he didn't-they either don't mind or turn a blind eye!

I had a lovely chat with one of the park rangers-a girl from South Africa-they really do employ lovely people here.

The food was wonderful-and if you haven't tried it do put it on your list. Our visit lasted about 2 hours and a lovely way to spend a morning.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-02-2004, 02:19
Just an update on this, there are plenty of signs to say that the pool and spa facilities are for residents of the hotel only and not dining only guests. It is rumoured that you could be asked to produce your room pass for proof of residency. However, the children can use the playground area free of charge. They do great non alcoholic strawberry daiquaris(sp) at the Tikki bar the children felt very grown up sipping these.

Sarah