PDA

View Full Version : Gold Star Aliens?

Nostromo
21-10-2004, 20:35
I wonder if there are any Gold Star Generals among non-villa owners? If so, could they please identify themselves (or someone do it for them?)

Cruella DeVilla
21-10-2004, 20:47
Have a look at the Members tab, all the users.members are there in order of threads posted, if you know who is who you might be able to work it out?

Rich-n-Ang
21-10-2004, 20:52
Looks like there are just 14 Gold Star Generals at the present time, and its neck and neck between CDV and Nostromo to be the next - Anyone going to run a book on who gets there first ?.

Nostromo
21-10-2004, 20:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Have a look at the Members tab, all the users.members are there in order of threads posted, if you know who is who you might be able to work it out?
[/quote]

I did. The only ones above my name that I am not sure own a villa are Fiona & ChrisJ because I cannot remember them referring to 'my villa' in any post that I have read. But I may be way off the mark. You realise, of course, that as a non-owner I don't have access to the owners' threads and so I'm just guessing.

tezz7628
21-10-2004, 20:58
its my understanding the owners advertise their property on each reply is that not the case?

example cdv above

Nostromo
21-10-2004, 20:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rich-n-Ang
Looks like there are just 14 Gold Star Generals at the present time, and its neck and neck between CDV and Nostromo to be the next - Anyone going to run a book on who gets there first ?.
[/quote]

It'll be CDV by a mile and even I am cheering her on. I don't post that often and as I said, I don't have access to all the threads. But I don't get involved in this sort of race anyway. I prefer to do my racing on wheels....like my boastful brother-in-law found out to his cost in Old Town![^][^][8D][8D]

tezz7628
21-10-2004, 21:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
It'll be CDV by a mile and even I am cheering her on. <span style="color:red">I don't post that often</span id="red"> and as I said, I don't have access to all the threads. But I don't get involved in this sort of race anyway. I prefer to do my racing on wheels....like my boastful brother-in-law found out to his cost in Old Town![^][^][8D][8D]
[/quote]

i nearly choked on my sandwich then :D :D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-10-2004, 21:12
Fiona is a villa owner (OV villa ref 148 IIRC) but ChrisJ is not.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
[/quote]

I did. The only ones above my name that I am not sure own a villa are Fiona & ChrisJ because I cannot remember them referring to 'my villa' in any post that I have read. But I may be way off the mark. You realise, of course, that as a non-owner I don't have access to the owners' threads and so I'm just guessing.
[/quote]

Ray&Sarah
21-10-2004, 21:12
Nostromo, Chrisj is not a villa owner, just a Florida expert, but think that Fiona is. Keep on posing you two you'll both soon be gold generals.[msnsmile2]

Nostromo
21-10-2004, 21:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
Nostromo, Chrisj is not a villa owner, just a Florida expert, but think that Fiona is. Keep on posing you two you'll both soon be gold generals.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Thanks. Also, since you (assuming it was Ray who replied) share postings with your partner as does John Rooke, I could be only the second 'unaccompanied male' after Chrisj to get 5 Stars. Now THAT is something.:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-10-2004, 21:18
LOL - probably 95%+ of my postings are John.

Sarah is more of a "lurker" but does post every now and then.

[/quote]

Thanks. Also, since you (assuming it was Ray who replied) share postings with your partner as does John Rooke, I could be only the second 'unaccompanied male' after Chrisj to get 5 Stars. Now THAT is something.:D
[/quote]

Nostromo
21-10-2004, 21:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tezz7628
It'll be CDV by a mile and even I am cheering her on. <span style="color:red">I don't post that often</span id="red"> and as I said, I don't have access to all the threads. But I don't get involved in this sort of race anyway. I prefer to do my racing on wheels....like my boastful brother-in-law found out to his cost in Old Town![^][^][8D][8D]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Please unchoke. I was comparing myself with CDV, who has a daily posting rate of over 12 compared to my miserable under-4 figure. See for yourself in our profiles. :)

tezz7628
21-10-2004, 21:25
there must be something wrong with the counter then! :D

Ray&Sarah
21-10-2004, 21:28
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Nostromo, its actually me, Sarah, that posts on the forum and not Ray. He registered and then didn't have the time to post so i do it.:D

Cruella DeVilla
21-10-2004, 22:26
I can chat for ever, I just love talking to all sorts of people, it's amazing what you have in common sometimes...apart from Florida that is!!!!!!!!![chatter][chatter][chatter]

Ray&Sarah
21-10-2004, 22:41
Keep going CDV just another 71 posts and you'll get those gold stars.[msnsmile2]

stabard
21-10-2004, 22:42
Go for it Girl -- Fraid I am trailing way behind[msnsad]

PS When can I send the kids round for some of that on the job training[msnsmile2]

jolliffee
21-10-2004, 22:51
I think there is plenty of opportunity to chat away on here, and if you don't find anything to chat about just start up another thread.[msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
21-10-2004, 22:59
I have gold stars....but its a fact on all the forums I use that I talk to much........:D

I own a villa........but not a rental one.....
We all have different things we know something about...and we all have different points of view.....which can make thing heated sometimes.........but I think we all learn from that.....:D

fiona
21-10-2004, 23:51
Well as you all know I can natter for England (actually Scotland to be pernickety)and funnily enough I am married to a Chris J!!

Nostromo
22-10-2004, 00:24
So, Chrisj is then unique, at least for now. Not only is he the ONLY 'alien' (non-villa owner) 5-Star General, but the only unaccompanied male to achieve that much sought after position. But he could have company in the not too ditant future.:)

chrizzy100
22-10-2004, 00:28
Chrisj only got where he is today because of a woman.....[chatter][chatter][chatter][chatter]

Nostromo
22-10-2004, 00:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
Chrisj only got where he is today because of a woman.....[chatter][chatter][chatter][chatter]

[/quote]

Oh? Which one? (I hope you are not going to tell me 'his mother')

chrizzy100
22-10-2004, 00:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100

[/quote]

Oh? Which one? (I hope you are not going to tell me 'his mother')
[/quote]

Well I don't want to seem big headed...but it was me........[clap][clap][clap][beer][grin]

Nostromo
22-10-2004, 00:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]Originally posted by chrizzy100
Well I don't want to seem big headed...but it was me........[clap][clap][clap][beer][grin]
[/quote]

Right! I recall reading somewhere "Behind every successful man there is a big-headed woman" or something like it....I can't remember very well.:D:D

Bazamor
22-10-2004, 02:03
[/quote]

[/quote]

Please unchoke. I was comparing myself with CDV, who has a daily posting rate of over 12 compared to my miserable under-4 figure. See for yourself in our profiles. :)
[/quote]

Blimey Nostromo and i thought you doctors worked 18 hrs a day and dont have time to scratch themselves so are you posting on the NHS?[msnwink][sporty]

amy
22-10-2004, 02:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Bazamor
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Blimey Nostromo and i thought you doctors worked 18 hrs a day and dont have time to scratch themselves so are you posting on the NHS?[msnwink][sporty]
[/quote]
They must never sleep them doctors, 18 hours with the patient and 10 hours on here, sorry how long is a day?[msnwink]

jolliffee
22-10-2004, 02:32
Does that mean they are starry eyed?[msnsmile2]

Nostromo
22-10-2004, 10:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jolliffee
Does that mean they are starry eyed?[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Dave, I keep seeing stars most if the time and so I guess you could call me 'Starry Eyed'. As for finding time for OV postings, I do it when I am not working - the 'other 6 hours'. Sleep? I remember doing that decades ago.......thought it was relaxing.

jolliffee
22-10-2004, 13:01
I know the feeling Nostromo; it is good to have a friendly place to come for those moments of relaxation, and even better that it has a 24x7 availability.[msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
22-10-2004, 13:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by stabard
Go for it Girl -- Fraid I am trailing way behind[msnsad]

PS When can I send the kids round for some of that on the job training[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

New Year sounds good, I'll bring them something "original"!

chrizzy100
22-10-2004, 17:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]Originally posted by chrizzy100
[/quote]

Right! I recall reading somewhere "Behind every successful man there is a big-headed woman" or something like it....I can't remember very well.:D:D
[/quote]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]...very funny.......[grin]