21-10-2004, 03:46
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/20041020232710_1custom.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/20041020233434_2custom.jpg

have put the white ones to file as you say no longer used

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/20041020235546_3custom.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/20041020235612_4custom.jpg

Ray9
21-10-2004, 08:19
The former form is the later issued, But no doubt you will still come across the latter,
Both form are designated Customs form 6095B

Nostromo
21-10-2004, 11:08
One thing that occured to me - is it legal to post Customs or Immigration forms on public forums like this? Are there not restrictions about copies etc?

LiesaAnna
21-10-2004, 11:26
Right!!!!
serious now,
what are these forms for??????

cos i dont know!!!!!!!!!

bluebirds
21-10-2004, 19:52
After reading the customs forms i have a very daft question reference bringing in food stuffs from GB. Do we have to declare if we were to bring in 'Comfort British foods' My friend who is travelling with us needs to bring in unopened boxes of cereal bars and a jar of marmite. Or otherwise her autistic son may possibly play up.Hope somebody can help[chatter][chatter]

Cruella DeVilla
21-10-2004, 19:58
You are supposed to declare everything, we had a sealed packet of sweets and still had to declare them. Marmite I do not think you will be allowed but best to check.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-10-2004, 19:58
The blue ones are the ones in use now. I've not seen those white ones for a long time now.

MTP
22-10-2004, 00:54
Bluebirds this is from the US Customs website:

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:

Food Products (Prepared)
You may bring bakery items and certain cheeses into the United States. The APHIS Web site (www.aphis.usda.gov) features a Travelers Tips section and Game and Hunting Trophies section that offers extensive information about bringing food and other products into the country. Many prepared foods are admissible, although almost anything containing meat products, such as bouillon, soup mixes, etc., are not. As a general rule, condiments, vinegars, oils, packaged spices, honey, coffee and tea are admissible. Because rice can often harbor insects, it is best to avoid bringing it into the U.S.

Some imported foods are also subject to requirements of the Food and Drug Administration.

[/quote]

I think that your friend will have to declare everything, but I don't think there should be a problem with either of those items

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-10-2004, 01:01
The important thing with Marmite is it does not contain any meat extract (unlike Bovril) so is ok. The customs guys might take some convincing of this but they should be ok with it.

Jo
22-10-2004, 01:20
I have taken lots of foodstuff in , as I have to follow a gluten free diet.

I always declare it , they ask me what it is , but so far I've never had to turn out my cases to find it.

Meat and Fruit are the bad things they are looking for.

If you do take fruit with you for the journey, and don't eat it the official advice is to leave it on the plane. We upset the agriculture lady by ditching it in a bin before we got to customs. She was not impressed!

gromit
22-10-2004, 22:55
The blue forms are the forms currently being used - the white ones have been phased out.

With regards to food items you take in with you, definately no meat, fruit or dairy. Any thing else is generally ok but all items must be declared from babyfood to candy. Formula milk is ok if it is already made up in a bottle or in a sealed carton. Any leftover fruit on the aircraft is best given to the cabin crew to put in the trash - even the fruit leftover from business class has to be collected together and not left lying around on board. If in doubt just declare an item - mostly you'll be waved through, but sometimes they do random checks and for agriculture purposes x-ray your bags again. They won't be happy if they find something you haven't declared! At Tampa last year, one of the sniffer dogs actually sniffed a jar of unopened Bovril in someones bag, all that happened on that occasion was it got taken away from the passenger.

You can't take in flowers or plants either in case there are any insects on them!

Something else to be aware of is that if you are a family travelling with different surnames then you'll need more than one form as it's one form per family but only with the same name!

The cabin crew are fully trained to answer any questions you may have with the customs and immigration forms. Most airlines also have a card in the seatback pocket on how to complete them and show a video. I know BA do.

Hope this helps.

sunseeker
22-10-2004, 23:30
We are taking a friend of my 15 year old daughter at easter, the forms above say that only one written declaration per family is required. As the girl we are taking is not a family member, will she have to fill in one of these forms also? She too is only 15.

Dave

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-10-2004, 23:34
In theory yes she will.

Sarah kept her maiden name when we got married and the children have a combination of our surnames so we used to have to do 3 seperate customs forms but the last few times we have gone I have just done one with my surname and have never got asked about it.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sunseeker
We are taking a friend of my 15 year old daughter at easter, the forms above say that only one written declaration per family is required. As the girl we are taking is not a family member, will she have to fill in one of these forms also? She too is only 15.

Dave
[/quote]

sunseeker
22-10-2004, 23:37
Thanx John

Dave

Nostromo
23-10-2004, 01:15
Another potential problem is the visitng US address. For Orlando, visitors will probably be staying at the same villa or hotel for the duration of their holiday and so filling the address part should be straightforward. But what if it is a travelling holiday like the one I am going to on May-June next year? I will be staying at different hotels, motels and inns extending from Chicago to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina over 3 weeks. Which address should I give immigration?

tezz7628
23-10-2004, 01:20
bizarelly they've only ever wanted my address for the first night so i put that in and never had any problem :)

Jules
23-10-2004, 12:14
On the form it says the limit of goods non residents can take in to be left in the US is $100 does anyone know is this per person or per family.

We are going over to our new villa and are taking a "few" bits and pieces to leave there, wouldn't want to get charged duty on them or get into trouble for smuggling.

Nostromo
23-10-2004, 12:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jules
On the form it says the limit of goods non residents can take in to be left in the US is $100 does anyone know is this per person or per family.

We are going over to our new villa and are taking a "few" bits and pieces to leave there, wouldn't want to get charged duty on them or get into trouble for smuggling.
[/quote]

But don't you get a lot of leeway from this rule if you own property in the United States?

daxon
23-10-2004, 15:15
we took over two suitcases full of stuff for the villas in summer! One was opened for searching but the guy didnt even bat an eye & pleasantly wished us a good trip.[8D]

Colin
24-10-2004, 13:40
How do you answer question 15 (as a visitor)?

Do you say nothing?

Colin

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
24-10-2004, 13:45
You put in the total value of all articles you will be leaving in the US. As someone on vacation this is almost always $0, but as a villa owner you may be taking things over to leave in your villa. In this case, put their total value.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Colin
How do you answer question 15 (as a visitor)?

Do you say nothing?

Colin
[/quote]

christina
26-10-2004, 03:22
We have a six month visa and normally fill in a white visa form and a green customs form. Has this all changed ?

Nostromo
26-10-2004, 12:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by christina
We have a six month visa and normally fill in a white visa form and a green customs form. Has this all changed ?
[/quote]

Looks like it has, at least with the Immigration & Customs forms. There is also this new fingerprinting thing for additional security, which is a good idea in the long run considering the international situation.

gromit
27-10-2004, 19:28
[/quote]

No Christina it is basically the same as before. The custom form was updated recently and is now a bluish colour instead of white, but the visa forms are the same.

Visa Waiver Form - I94W - coloured green
Visa arrive/departure form - I94 - white
Passenger in transit - blue
Customs and Agriculture Form - 6059B - blue

tezz7628
28-10-2004, 14:06
[/quote]

it sounds like you have a visa in your passport valid for 10 years with each trip lasting up to 6 months is that correct

my aunt got one of those last year, whilst we filled our visa waiver green forms out which gives us 90 days she got a white one i think which gave her 6 months

is that correct?

pepsi
28-10-2004, 20:27
We have also taken quite alot of things over to our villa and have never been stopped or asked any questions even though all cases have been x rayed.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-10-2004, 21:19
That may be so but you should declare things on the custom form as required. We cannot advocate doing anything else other than what is asked for on here.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pepsi
We have also taken quite alot of things over to our villa and have never been stopped or asked any questions even though all cases have been x rayed.
[/quote]

gromit
28-10-2004, 23:45
I have seen people getting their bags searched and having items that they shouldn't have in them. The people who had declared the items just had the articles taken away from them, but those who didn't were given a really serious lecture!!!! Just declare everything!!!!!

brizzle
31-10-2004, 14:32
I am assuming because my Mum has the same surname I can include her on our form?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
31-10-2004, 14:53
You can indeed [msnsmile]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
I am assuming because my Mum has the same surname I can include her on our form?

[/quote]

mollymoo
31-10-2004, 15:40
Looks like my mum will have to apply for a visa, once you have it does it guarantee you getting into the USA? [msnscared]

I would hate for my mum to be turned away[msncry][msncry][msncry]

Kerry-Ann

caroline
08-02-2005, 13:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tezz7628
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/20041020232710_1custom.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/20041020233434_2custom.jpg

have put the white ones to file as you say no longer used

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/20041020235546_3custom.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/20041020235612_4custom.jpg

[/quote]
John, Roger Blottie - Maybe this thread could be sticky as well?

Nostromo
08-02-2005, 14:23
I am always amused at the query about bringing things like insects, soil and 'disease agents' on a commercial airliner. I mean, who would........?

blott
08-02-2005, 14:38
Nostromo, it never fails to amaze and fascinate me the things that some people want to take on a plane so you can bet that someone somewhere in the world will want to!

AudCle
24-06-2005, 14:24
A question on the subject of declaring food and stuff. We have a 1 year old and would be taking some things for him for the first couple of days, just until we get to the Supermarket and stock up. Do I have to declare this? Also my 5 year is currently taking an antibiotic for an ear infection which we hope will have clear by the time week go next week. But I was thinking of visiting the Doctors for another antibiotic to take out there...just in case. Will I be allowed to take this in? 8 days to go!!!![8D][8D][8D]

Cheers
Aud

blott
24-06-2005, 16:55
The customs form requires you to declare food - see here for a sample form http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_14977.asp

Antibiotics should be fine but make sure you take them in their original pack with the pharmacy label on it.

Have a great time!

AudCle
24-06-2005, 23:01
Thanks for that Blott.

Can't wait and we're counting down the minutes. [msncool]

Aud

Max_Mose
23-03-2006, 23:13
What happens if you tick the box (11 d) to say that you have been on a farm? My work involves visting farms but only to meet farmers. I never handle any livestock and am never in any fields.
I am frightened to admit this on the form as I don't want any hassle but I noticed on my last visit that the immigration official was keen to know what my vocation was. I kept the description wooly enough to omitt the farm part of it.
Just really want to know will I get the 3rd degree and frog marched to a back room if I tick the "Yes" box.
Thanks

charkyry
24-03-2006, 04:50
we checked for our sons meds and they said even calpol if on prescription needed a letter from doctor stating why required