PDA

View Full Version : Memories of your Holiday

Magical Dreams
20-10-2004, 23:08
When we go on Holiday, we always try and take as many memorable photos as possible.

The only thing is, we end up with the Video camera, 35mm camera and a Digital Camera

How do you record your memories??

brizzle
20-10-2004, 23:19
Digital video camera and digital still camera.

Mostly end up with bags of photo's and use the video camera sparingly for special occasions.
I find the still images can be a lot more effective at recording holiday memories.
You defintitely are more nostalgic because the mind tends to fill in the blanks more favourably than the real event maybe was.

Brizzle.

Ray&Sarah
20-10-2004, 23:31
Digital cameras are great because you only have to print the photos you like. We also download any video onto a computer disk when we get home. Technology is wonderful isn't it. Well sometimes![msnsmile2]

Magical Dreams
20-10-2004, 23:36
Well it will definately be all digital for us from now on!!

My first camcorder was a beast compared to the one we have now!!

Love technology!!

But you are always out of date within a few weeks [msnoo]

LiesaAnna
20-10-2004, 23:41
The ordinary camera, the digital camera, the video camera, then theres the kids cameras!!!!!!!!!
;)

Elaine62
20-10-2004, 23:48
we only bought our digital camera this year so it'll be good to be a bit selective about what we print. last year we took around 15 spools at 36 size and around a third of them were not that great. What we have always done though is buy those shots that are taken on a ride. I knwo there are more and more rides doing it but they are good fun and totally natural. We have around a dozen of them dotted about one of our walls in the kitchen and it gives you a good feeling to spend a minute or two now and again just reliving the memories.

Elaine

PS we've now bought a digital camcorder too so there's no holding us back for next year!

Nostromo
21-10-2004, 01:06
Mixture of the above. My wife does a lot of Camcording, although she also has a digital camera. I prefer still pictures; till last year I used my trusty Canon EOS10 35mm film camera before selling it to get a Minolta Dimage A1 Digital. I like the flexibility that a digital camera offers.

amy
21-10-2004, 02:47
Digital camera and digital video for us,

Magical Dreams
22-10-2004, 01:43
Elaine62, we also end up buying the odd one of those from the rides!!

Depends on how good or bad they are!!
[clap][clap][clap][clap]

rosie
22-10-2004, 01:47
Al always takes his digital cam and video, I still like to take my APS camera and a disposable one for the water parks :)

bryj
22-10-2004, 01:49
digital cameras which also do video have to be the way ahead, they are so compact and easy to use, and the quality is superb. Plus it is easy to email your snaps to anyone you want to annoy!

Cruella DeVilla
22-10-2004, 13:30
Digital camera and souveniers like a villa;)

jolliffee
22-10-2004, 14:12
While I have a nice digital it just does not have the quality of the 35mm so I use the 35mm for proper photos and the digital for grab shots. We also realised that with the digital we didn't have the pack of photos to pass round to friends and family, even though we now have hundred on the computer. So I use both but not all the time & always get a CD made from the 35mm shots so I can put the on the computer. I have yet to try the make a photo at the likes of boots using the digital memory card.[msnsad]

Elaine62
22-10-2004, 16:12
I've been really lucky with getting prints for free recently from a cd or memory card. Carphone warehouse website were running an offer where you could get 25 prints sent to you for free if you uploaded them to their website. Also Boots had an offer on where they had vouchers in store that you could use and get 30 prints for free. I used the vouchers twice.

So I've now had almost 100 prints for free!

Elaine

Big Mack
22-10-2004, 20:03
Good God!

What happened to the nice simple days when all you had was an Instamatic and away you went.[msnsmile]

This year was our first visit and not wanting to miss a thing i ended up with a camcorder permanantly stuck to my face, trouble with this is you end up feeling as if you have missed a lttle bit of the magic because some of your attention is going on getting a decent shot.

I ended up trying to convince my wife and her sister to take turns, results were a bit iffy though!!!

For stills we had a digital and wifes sis had her APS. Digital is great we take a lot more pictures because it is so simple. Not so simple to cart your PC around to friends houses though when you want to show them![msnsad] (I am too stingy to buy a decent printer and am always running out of ink)

We ended up getting a copy of my sister in laws pictures so now we have the best of both worlds. It is very nice to have film and pictures to remind you of the good times, but sometimes i wish i could ditch them all and just get on with the holiday![msnwink]

Mack

Magical Dreams
12-12-2004, 21:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Big Mack
Good God!

What happened to the nice simple days when all you had was an Instamatic and away you went.[msnsmile]

This year was our first visit and not wanting to miss a thing i ended up with a camcorder permanantly stuck to my face, trouble with this is you end up feeling as if you have missed a lttle bit of the magic because some of your attention is going on getting a decent shot.

I ended up trying to convince my wife and her sister to take turns, results were a bit iffy though!!!

For stills we had a digital and wifes sis had her APS. Digital is great we take a lot more pictures because it is so simple. Not so simple to cart your PC around to friends houses though when you want to show them![msnsad] (I am too stingy to buy a decent printer and am always running out of ink)

We ended up getting a copy of my sister in laws pictures so now we have the best of both worlds. It is very nice to have film and pictures to remind you of the good times, but sometimes i wish i could ditch them all and just get on with the holiday![msnwink]

Mack
[/quote]

Totally agree Mack!!

But how gutted would you be if you didn't have the Camera with you and you missed the oppurtunity??

[msnmad][msnmad][msnmad][msnmad][msnmad][msnmad][msnmad][msnmad][msnmad]

KJH
13-12-2004, 00:29
No chance to vote?

If I had it would be a mixture of everything.

Magical Dreams
13-12-2004, 22:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJHewitt
No chance to vote?

If I had it would be a mixture of everything.
[/quote]

I think this means you have voted before KJHewitt

I've invested in a Fuji S3000 for our next trip but ideally want to be the proud owner of a Nikon 8700 or 8800

Holding on to my cash at the minute!!
[clap][clap]

Snapper
13-12-2004, 23:30
If you are looking at the 87/8800 coolpix's Andy I would seriously suggest also having a play around with a D70 if you can live without the movie type functions (which you'd be limited with anyways until flash storage capacity picks up some). I've had a D70 slung over my shoulder for just about a month now and it's quite an awesome beast.

Up until then I was a 35mm snapper. My Minolta 7xi is now enjoying its retirement after amost 15 years of very faithful service.

Magical Dreams
13-12-2004, 23:57
SteveI looked at the D70 and D100 but it is a little more than I wanted to spend.

Even though the shots from your Hols are spectacular.

The Movie mode does not bother me!! Can't see me using that function.

Thanks for the tip though!!

May have to wait until the Sales!!

[msnwink]