PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas near Orlando?

Nostromo
20-10-2004, 20:08
Does anyone know if there is - or going to be - a Cabelas Outdoor shop at or near Orlando? If so, it is certainly worth a visit for all outdoor types. I bought lots of stuff from Cabelas and not only are they LESS THAN HALF of what the equivalent (if available) costs in the UK, but far better quality.

I think of all the things that are 'Cheaper over there than here', Outdoor Gear should be near the top of the list. The prices in the UK are totally outrageous.

Beverley
21-10-2004, 14:27
You could check their website for new store announcements www.cabelas.com :)

Cruella DeVilla
21-10-2004, 18:59
Just been into Blacks/Millets on a recent trip to the UK and have to agree how expensive things are, it is pretty much the same in Europe where I recently had to buy a few bits.

Nostromo
21-10-2004, 21:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Just been into Blacks/Millets on a recent trip to the UK and have to agree how expensive things are, it is pretty much the same in Europe where I recently had to buy a few bits.
[/quote]

You're right. But Millets & Regatta are angels compared with a group of con-artists with a huge shop called "Cotswolds Outdoor" near Cirencester. They manage to sell stuff at way over regular prices by giving potential customers a lot of pseudo-technical balderdash about why their goods are superior etc. I almost threw a punch at a spotty youngster who tired to patronise me on my only visit there. I made sure that I put a written complaint about the sort of lies they told people to sell their stuff, but as I expected, nothing came out of it. Not even a reply.

Cruella DeVilla
21-10-2004, 22:31
I know Cotswolds. There are a lot of similar shops in the Lake District to.

traceya89
08-11-2004, 02:16
has anyone been in outdoor world near beltz. an amazing shop, wish i could lots from there home with me.

:)

Nostromo
08-11-2004, 19:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by traceya89
has anyone been in outdoor world near beltz. an amazing shop, wish i could lots from there home with me.

:)
[/quote]

I know the one you mean. I think it is simply called "Outdoor World". There were some amazing bargains to be had there, but for my money, Cabelas is the best in the world. No exaggeration.