PDA

View Full Version : Florida 2004 - Part 5

linda.s
20-10-2004, 17:39
OK - I'm starting off with Epcot, as I have no idea how, but I missed reporting on it, and we went there before we went to the horror night......... I dunno, age is really getting to me!

We went off to Epcot one afternoon, rather than go all day, as our friends wanted to see Illuminations.......... Well, we love Epcot, kids aren't usually so keen, as it's too educational for them, but we love it! Partook of the usual rides, Space Mountain etc, and considered Mission Space, but decided against due to the motion sickness rumour! Back into the Living Sea's, as that's is another fave of ours. Kids always enjoy that one too, and run around trying to spot the dolphins or sharks! Then we were off to the lands - The park was packed out, maybe due to the food and wine festival being held there at the moment, but we didn't take advantage of any samples, queues were way too big! Travelled all the lands, but didn't stop anywhere for too long, apart from England, as we wanted to try the fish and chips. Chips were lovely, but not sure what fish they used, but I didn't like it much, so hubby and daughter polished it off! We then sat and watched some of Starships live performance in the US area, before meeting our friends and settling down to watch Illuminations. I showed my friend the hat I had bought in the UK shop, and noticed that the assistant had left the security tag on, and it was one of the paint ones! Doh! Had to stop at the shop on the way out to get it removed......... Illuminations was, as usual, fab! More fireworks than Fantasmic, and just as good but in a different way........ Love it!

Now back to the daily reports!

Day 9
Woke to heavy rain, and according to the weather channel, due to last until Friday! Almost a week - Oh no! Oh well, another excuse to go shopping again - YIPPEE! Finally found a decent Gap outlet at Lake Buena Vista (we hadn't driven that far along the 535 up until then!) and spent a few bob in there! Off to Walmart to stock up on a few supplies and to buy a cheap coolbag for our trip to the Keys on Wednesday/Thursday, hope the weather is better there! Head for home in the dreadful traffic on the 192, and stop at a Nike outlet where my son and I finally find a pair of trainers each - $40 for both pairs, not bad eh? Rested at the condo for a couple of hours, and then decided to catch a film at Downtown Disney. Kids wanted to see Shark Tale, so in we went - we decided to have the hotdogs as a late snack, and they were lovely! Why are drinks so big in cinema's though? I had what seemed to be a bucket of coke! Meant several trips during the film for all of us! Not a bad film, but not sure if we will buy the DVD when it comes out. A woman behind us drove us nuts for the whole film, she found almost every line in the film hysterically funny and clapped, screeched and laughed in a very high pitched way at every available moment........ Back at the condo by 10.30 and we were all a bit peckish, so another delivered pizza and off to bed - hope tomorrow is nice and sunny!

Day 10
Woke to rain and a nasty grey sky - Credit card can't stand another hammering like yesterdays, so we chill out at the condo, and it eventually starts to brighten up by mid-morning - hooray! Decided to have a game of crazy golf at our resort, wasn't crazy or adventurous really, but was good fun for an hour or so. Left hubby and son playing, and went back up to the condo to sort out the washing and drying. Day was still overcast, but not raining, so we decided against our better judgement and went shopping again! Hubby and son managed to get a few things this time, and my eldest daughter spent forever trying things on. Decided to eat at the chinese buffet at the mall again, and went home to get ready for our trip to the keys tomorrow, it's also our son's birthday tomorrow, so we sorted out his cards and dollars ready for the 4am wake up call - SIGH!

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/linda.s/20041020133446_epcot.jpg

[img]http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Da

linsan
20-10-2004, 19:28
Great report and great photos. Love the jellyfish:)

LiesaAnna
20-10-2004, 20:01
thanks Linda,
again thanx for now reminding me that Terri is gonna be trying stuff on!!!!!!!!
teenage girls are a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!
hurry up with the next part!!!!!!!![msnwink]

linda.s
28-10-2004, 01:01
Link to part 6

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=14974