PDA

View Full Version : Yalaha Bakery

orlandobabe
20-10-2002, 00:37
I think I mentioned this quite a while back but until this visit had never tested-or should I say tasted it!

We went there on our first day-and it's definitely a 'must vist' for purveyor's of good bread and mouthwatering cakes.

Drive as if you are going to Mount Dora-up the 27 and right at the 19 to Howey in the Hills and Tavares etc.

When you get to The Mission Inn-go straight past it on the left-you would normally take a right to Tavares-and the little hamlet of Yalaha is about 3 miles down-the Bakery is on the left.

The breads and pizzas were delicious (I had a salad) and the display of cakes is tempting. You can sit in or out in the garden (no screens -so beware of bugs) and on Saturday mornings they have entertainment-just bring your own chair.

It's something a bit different-and those up the 27 are half way there anyway.

Those coming from East 192 might be able to take the turnpike-as there is an entry to the turnpike from the 27 and then you would just need to pick up the 19. I'm doing this bit from memory-so details a bit vague.

After, you can carry on to Mount Dora, Lakeridge Winery is out on the 27 or take the 50 through to Clermont and Weekee Wachee Springs.