PDA

View Full Version : Dora

brizzle
19-10-2004, 20:21
A simple question, is Dora at Universal?
I know Dora toys are but what about a character meet & greet?

Brizzle
'Who has two little trainee Spanish speaking explorers'

linda.s
19-10-2004, 20:28
Dora or Dory? If it's Dory, then here is a pic of her outside the Living Sea's at Epcot, so I would assume any meet & greet's are at Disney if there are any......... If it's Dora, then who is she??? lol

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/linda.s/20041019162741_epcotdory.jpg

brizzle
19-10-2004, 21:11
Dora the Explorer is a program about a little American/Mexican (?) cartoon girl who goes around exploring. She also teaches Spanish to the kids. She has a friend who is a monkey and a talking back-pack and map....

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/brizzle/20041019172223_dora.GIF

It is definitely a Universal associated licence.

We saw Nemo last December (or April)just in front of the Living Seas and you could have your picture taken with him.
It was kind of a remote control robot and looked pretty naff I have to say.

Brizzle.

linda.s
19-10-2004, 21:28
Awwww, bless - Haven't seen her, but my only experience of Universal this year was the horror night, and I am sure that she wouldn't have been part of it! Thanks for letting me know though!

brizzle
19-10-2004, 22:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Awwww, bless - Haven't seen her, but my only experience of Universal this year was the horror night, and I am sure that she wouldn't have been part of it! Thanks for letting me know though![/quote]

I don't know about that, after the amount of times I have heard the songs repeated it kind of gives me nightmares....

'If there's a place you've got to go,
I'm the one you need to know,
I'm the map,
I'm the map,
I'm the map'

fade out to Psycho music......;)

Brizzle.

linda.s
19-10-2004, 23:35
If it's anything like the Tellytubbies, I'm with you on the nightmares.......... :D

langley
19-10-2004, 23:41
You're missing the other song Brizzle at the end of every exploration,

"We did it, yeh We did: lah lah lah"

You know the one I mean.

my 3 year old and 5 year old love Dora and it is the only time I have complete silence in the house.

I'm not sure where Dora will be, but good luck in your search and if you find her you'll have to let us know.

Magical Dreams
19-10-2004, 23:52
Just had a look on the Universal site for you and she is not mentioned unless I have overlooked it!!

Curious George, Barney, Cat in the Hat etc but not Dora

TINAPETERS
20-10-2004, 00:01
Just had to look to see if it was Dora the explorer you were referring to. My 2 year old son also loves it.
The closest we got to Dora was a large cardboard cutout to have your pictures taken with.
There is the Nickelodeon Studios Tour but this had closed by the time we got there. The shops had lots of Dora merchandise.

The Barney show at Universal is great.

millie
20-10-2004, 00:42
I asked this same question a few months ago and if I remember correctly someone said she did wander round the park doing a meet and greet.

Hope this is true as my little girl adores Dora and thinks she is going to see her next year. She is not too happy about seeing Swiper though! Hope he does not go around!

CarolAnn
20-10-2004, 14:42
Dora eh? I remember the days when Barney was KING!!![clap]How the young years fly!!

LiesaAnna
20-10-2004, 15:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Dora eh? I remember the days when Barney was KING!!![clap]How the young years fly!!
[/quote]

i just had to meet Barney, cos when my daughter Lauren was 1 she loved him upto 5/6, she was a difficult toddler, but whenever we put Barney videos on she would just calm down and be a lovely child once again, terrible twos were awful, i couldnt wait to meet him , friends had done the florida things over the years and would bring back photos etc, i loved him i know all the words to his songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"i love you, you love me we're a happy family, with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you wont you say you love me to!!!!!!!"
Bless you Barney, i made Lauren cuddle him in the photos (well it wouldnt look right if i did would it??????)
[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

chunkichik
17-11-2004, 04:24
My youngest grew up with Barney too, and although he is now 8 I made them have a picture taken with him too!!!

At one count we had 11 different Barney videos and although I couldnt stand Barney, he sure did entertain him for hours at a time!!!!!

Now if you were talking Bear in the Big Blue House, now we're talking, I love him, he is so cute the way he sniffs!!!!!!!!!, I went a bit hysterical when he blew me a kiss at the MGM parade much to the amusement of my family, who were it has to be said pi**ing themselves about this for a long time after, and then there was the distratrous ET experience, but I'll leave that for another day

SunLover
17-11-2004, 07:42
I am convinced that we saw Dora doing meet and greets on the street at Universal, only last week. It was in the area by the hat and wig shop, just opposite to Terminator 3D.

LiesaAnna
17-11-2004, 10:37
i hope i see Dora, i think she is quite a sweet little character!
we saw Eliza Doolittle with Donny on our way in and thought they were the biz!
cant wait to see them all again!

ujpest doza
23-11-2004, 15:00
Barney is still king in our house, although Mickey Mouse is running him a close second at the moment.

No matter what she is doing or where she is in the house, as soon as I Love You comes on at the end she comes running in and gives whoever is there a great big hug and kiss from me to you!