PDA

View Full Version : Florida 2004 - Part 4

linda.s
19-10-2004, 19:53
Oh I'm a dope, I said in my last report (now edited!) that we were off to the Keys today, nope it was Busch Gardens!!! So here goes........

Day 7
Up nice and early for our trip to Busch Gardens, we were going in a 3 car convoy! Our friends and ourselves have not visited Busch before, but my friends cousin and family have been to Florida 11 times, so they know their way well - We followed them!

Must say, first impressions reflected other comments on the OV forum, staff were quite surly, and not a patch on Disney, however, the small band that welcomed us at the gate before opening were fab! Staff might not be the greatest, but park was clean and well kept. I'll start with the minus points - White Tigers not to be seen all day, even though we kept going back, must have been too hot for them, but I was disappointed........ Rhino Rally really wasn't too good at all. The water section of the ride had been closed due to a stuck car (feel for those on it!) and this meant that the ride was very short, and not very interesting. Driver tried his best to entertain, and he was good, but it was disappointingly short. Now to the plus points - The rides were wonderful - this is a great place for coasters, and the kids were in their element! Montu was the first, and I rushed along with all the others, well all apart from 3, to get on before the rush - What a wonderful rush! A great ride, however, again motion sickness started for me, so that was my thrill rides over for the day, and the kids took over! They went on anything and everything, their comments bracketed, Gwazi, (a boneshaker, but great!) Kumba, (Wow, unbeleivable, fab!), Python, (Ouch, made my neck hurt!) Scorpion, (Not bad!) Congo River Rapids, (great fun for everyone, and great to cool off!) Stanley Falls, (another sedate ride, and another cooling off, but not too bad!) and finally Tanganyika Tidal Wave, (awesome and very wet!) my son decided to wait at the top of the bridge over the last waterfall, and got totally drenched, but he loved it, and had most of the day to dry off, as the rides above are not in ridden order! I like the way that the water rides are all pretty close to one another, so you can get totally wet, and then spend the rest of the day drying off, or you can always wimp out and wear a cape! See pics........ We caught the train, and travelled around the reserves, which was very good, and also had a trip on the Sky Coaster, to get an ariel view of the park, that was a bit bumpy, but fun! We missed the last showing of the Katunga Musical by 5 mins, so were disappointed with that, but it was our fault! Finally left at about 5.15 and the roads were packed. Didn't manage to get back to Apopka Vineland until nearly 8pm, by which time we were all starving, so we sent straight into the Chinese Buffet right by our complex. Meal was nice, lots of choice, but very filling. We enjoyed it, but won't be back this time, as too many other places to sample!

Day 8
Another lazy day! Went back to Orange Lake for a round ot 2 of golf. We played with our 3 friends, whilst one of the mums stayed at the pool with the kids. Jackie and I went first. I used to play off 15, but that was over 20 years ago. Jusging by my shots today, I'm not even sure if I had the club up the right way! We played an abysmal 9 holes, too many water hazards and lost balls, so about 3 holes were scratched! We did manage to have some control by the end, but decided not to play another 9, as it was getting very hot, and I was rather red faced! The 3 men played on though....... Jackie and I retired to the pool area, and I sat at the poolside bar in the shade nursing a Kahlua and coke, whilst the kids and mums swum or sunbathed. Once the men had finished, they took the kids on a speedboat ride at Orange Lake, then we headed back to Cypress Pointe to get ready for Universals Horror Night. We had dinner at the Hard Rock, and another birthday for my son and one of the dads. Ryan is enjoying all these birthdays! We were really looking forward to the horror night, as our friends went 2 yea

LiesaAnna
19-10-2004, 20:27
Thanks Linda, that was great!!!!!!!

pictures are lovely, especially the elephant, i took loads of them and have them around my house as i collect lots of elephant pics and ornaments, very nice thanx again:)

linda.s
19-10-2004, 21:24
I took a few pics of the elephants Liesa, if you want me to send the originals over to you in a mail DM me and you can have them - files are about 1mb each though!

Lynne S
19-10-2004, 22:42
Great report Linda, we enjoyed all the water rides at Busch Gardens, again and again and again. As it was a really hot day !!!! Great way to cool off, not so great for the hair.... [confused]

brizzle
19-10-2004, 22:50
Great series of reports and I must say you've taken some great quality photo's.
My work colleague returned today and also did the Universal Halloween Nights....3 of them with some special offer so he could return again and again maybe that added to the busy crowds.

Brizzle

daisy
19-10-2004, 23:05
great reports keep them coming [msnsmile]

linda.s
19-10-2004, 23:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
Great series of reports and I must say you've taken some great quality photo's.
My work colleague returned today and also did the Universal Halloween Nights....3 of them with some special offer so he could return again and again maybe that added to the busy crowds.

Brizzle

[/quote]

I'm sure it did - the offer was an extra 10 or 15 bucks, and you could go back any Weds, Thurs or Sunday....... We wouldn't have had the opportunity though, and having been, the inclination either!

I am pleased with the pics, most came out really well - Thanks for the compliment! It's a new camera too, so not fully used to it yet, I normally use an SLR!

linda.s
28-10-2004, 01:01
Link to part 5

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=14949

pauline
29-10-2004, 03:28
Hi Linda

When you said it was a new camera, what make and model is it as the pictures are fab

linda.s
29-10-2004, 03:34
Hi Pauline, I got a Canon G6, originally wanted a G5, but took so long to save up, they released the new version before I could spend the money! Managed to get a good price via Jessops, as they will do a price match with any UK based company who has the product in stock, so worth searching the web before buying this, or indeed any other camera/video camera.
I am pleased with the pics, but they could have been better, I wasn't (and I still am not!) completely familiar with the camera yet, but I did get lots of practice in Florida!