PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the animals?

CarolAnn
18-10-2004, 22:37
Does anyone know what happened to the animals during the hurricanes this year? Assume they have special holding areas for them?

Nostromo
18-10-2004, 23:44
I am sure that there would be protected areas. But animals cope well with natural phenomena far better than us humans. They are, after all, theoretically wild creatures always exposed to the elements. Even in captivity, most of the natural instinct and immunity remains.

Magical Dreams
19-10-2004, 00:04
If you have been to the Animal Kingdom and have rode the Railway, you can see the holding areas for the animals.
I am sure that they will have been confined to their quarters during the hurricanes for the safety of themselves and the tourists.

I have not heard of any that have been injured or died during the bad weather.

Mother nature was obviously looking out for them.

[lucky][lucky][clap][clap][clap][clap][lucky][lucky]

Newhomebuyer
15-11-2004, 23:44
All of the animals were put into holding pens except for some of the deer and some of the other similar animals who would have been under greater stress in a pen than in the weather.
When they opened there was a great deal of damage to trees etc but they said not one of the animals had been injured as a result of the hurricane.
The weaver birds were still very busy 2 days after the storm trying to get their nests reorganised

millie
16-11-2004, 02:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[The weaver birds were still very busy 2 days after the storm trying to get their nests reorganised
[/quote]

Aaaawwwww......bless!:D