PDA

View Full Version : E2 VISA

floridan
18-10-2004, 20:30
Hello All

hope some one can help. I had accepted an offer on my house and booked to go over to Florida end of Nov to look for an E2 business unfortunatley six weeks down the line the chain has collapsed :(although ive still got my buyer 2 in the chain of 8 have not. to get to the point ive only deposit money at hand as my equity in my home was my living and business money. if i see a business i know it will be subject to E2 visa but how long down the line do you have to put the money in Escrow, or is it not even worth looking yet. [confused]

jingleton
19-10-2004, 00:42
Hi We are new to all of this as well. We have just purchased a business in Florida, but we did sell everything in the UK first for the reason that has just happened to you.
Once you apply for your visa to go over to states you have to put your money in escrow. The visa cant go ahead until every penny is in escrow and they have to have proof.
It has taken us just over a year and we are still waiting for our visas which I am told are up to 9 weeks at present
We are jobless and homeless and want to go!!!!

Hope this helps
Janet

floridan
19-10-2004, 02:57
thanks janet

can you give brief guide from finding a business to an accepted offer from the seller how long roughly from there does the application take

thanks

Danny

esprit
19-10-2004, 19:42
You find the business. If you want it, you make an offer. If the seller accepts this right away, in general he will want 10% deposit. You then go through the process of filling in the forms for E2 either yourself or with an attorney. This takes from a couple to a few weeks depending how prepared you are, whether the firm has decent accounts, tax returns etc. The remaining money goes off to an escrow attorney before the E2 application goes in as you will need an escrow receipt to put in with your application. From there it took me 6 weeks to issuance. it is now taking 9-12 weeks. Once the visa is issued, you close and the attorney releases the escrow funds to the seller. It will be necesary to have all the funds and also to show where they come from as they dont like you loaning the money. This isnt going to work without liquid funds,

jingleton
19-10-2004, 23:50
Julie is more the expert than me, and yes you have to have everything ready before you apply for your visa. From finding our business beg Aug this year it took until end Sept to get everything ready for the visa application. We used a reputable attorney that was recommended by our business brooker and an accountant. They were excellent.
You really do need to sell everything before you start this venture thats my opinion anyway. Good luck
Janet

floridan
20-10-2004, 02:01
thanks all thats cleared that for me ill just have a general look while im there and have some fun instead

thanks again[msnwink][msnsmile2]